Stands comparable to yetistands

Jdmguy25

27 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

@blackconvoy_D01 - Interesting. Can you please share your thoughts on if they work well with the Macross valks? TIA.

Sure, NP! Vid link too (convinced me to try for an Arcadia VF-1S);

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

I’m also interested in how Calibre Wings v2 stands hold up.

Their v1 stand wasn’t very good for dynamic banking poses. Because the triangle base footprint is quite small, the whole stand tips over easily if the weight on the arms goes slightly off centre, especially if you use the longer arm.

v2 supposedly fixes this with the base now being metal for better weight stability.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just received my parcel from calibre wings, so a quick debrief on "router-style-display-stand-version-2-0".
For 20$ you receive :
 Nice box, heavy basement (150grams), 1 long, 3 medium and 2 short rods, no instructions.
stand.png.bb95f2c48e51e9cbd225ab02d194e0eb.png

I try it with some figures, please pardon bad quality pictures, it's late, no natural light.🙄

(1/72 vf-1s, 1/72 vf-11, 1/60 yf-29, 1/48 vf-1a, 1/60 yf-25)

vf1.png.edb6f00fb169430da4e91ef54364d1fb.pngIMG_0946.jpg.3c669ceb38cc16a1432d0642b50d6646.jpgvf1a.png.c6f050abc13a2bd13a0024cf948e657e.pngyf29.png.3f0384382d5301ce0b455464cf3bddda.pngIMG_0950.jpg.a4ce564aa1fb0001c9f5b0bc3e8832b4.jpg

My fellings are positive about this display stand. My valks are well held.😀

But you have to position you model taking care of gravity center, or stand will fall over.
note : I have broken one of the little rods by forcing while the screws were fully tightened, while trying to reposition it...😱

Its my first third party display stand, but i m convinced.😊

Anyway, these are the only ones available on the market at the moment. 😥

I would be happy to answer your questions if you have any !

On 9/24/2021 at 6:47 AM, kelinda said:

I just received my parcel from calibre wings, so a quick debrief on "router-style-display-stand-version-2-0".
For 20$ you receive :
 Nice box, heavy basement (150grams), 1 long, 3 medium and 2 short rods, no instructions.

The weight of the new 2.0 base is reassuring.. their old 1.0 base was only 20g.

Looking at the pics, the stand is now able to at least take the same banking angles as the regular Flightpose. But the good thing about this Router stand are the additional arms of varying lengths that come with it. 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:47 PM, kelinda said:

Hello,

For 20$ you receive :
stand.png.bb95f2c48e51e9cbd225ab02d194e0eb.png

I try it with some figures, please pardon bad quality pictures, it's late, no natural light.🙄

(1/72 vf-1s, 1/72 vf-11, 1/60 yf-29, 1/48 vf-1a, 1/60 yf-25)

vf1.png.edb6f00fb169430da4e91ef54364d1fb.pngIMG_0946.jpg.3c669ceb38cc16a1432d0642b50d6646.jpgvf1a.png.c6f050abc13a2bd13a0024cf948e657e.pngyf29.png.3f0384382d5301ce0b455464cf3bddda.pngIMG_0950.jpg.a4ce564aa1fb0001c9f5b0bc3e8832b4.jpg

My fellings are positive about this display stand. My valks are well held.😀

But you have to position you model taking care of gravity center, or stand will fall over.
note : I have broken one of the little rods by forcing while the screws were fully tightened, while trying to reposition it...😱

Its my first third party display stand, but i m convinced.😊

Anyway, these are the only ones available on the market at the moment. 😥

I would be happy to answer your questions if you have any !

Thanks for the review. How long ago did you order? Mine is still stuck in China customs.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

3 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Thanks for the review. How long ago did you order? Mine is still stuck in China customs.

Ordered on September 8, received September 22. I hope your parcel will arrive soon.

Some tracking infos : traveling in China  from 09.10 to 09.13, arrived 09.16 in France, available 09.21 at my post office

• 2 months later...
On 9/25/2021 at 6:19 PM, kelinda said:

Ordered on September 8, received September 22. I hope your parcel will arrive soon.

Some tracking infos : traveling in China  from 09.10 to 09.13, arrived 09.16 in France, available 09.21 at my post office

Mines ended up getting returned to Calibre Wings. So I'm going with the Adapter and Bandai stand.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

In follow up; I ended up with the Bandai stand and shapeways adapter. I'll be fine.

20211215_203959.jpg.9160eec17cfc81831761d648891ec397.jpg

mind post the link for the display adapter?

I'm trying to use the 1/60 universal display stand for perfect grade but no adapter that comes with it is compatible with the connection that comes with the toy.

3 hours ago, Rein+ said:

mind post the link for the display adapter?

I'm trying to use the 1/60 universal display stand for perfect grade but no adapter that comes with it is compatible with the connection that comes with the toy.

Sure, NP:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/K4YHFWF2D/bandai-hobby-action-base-to-arcadia-adapter?optionId=98078548&li=ostatus

On 9/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, blackconvoy_D01 said:

The plate that holds the arms in place, is it a solid piece or is the underside hollow? I ended up throwing out the flightpose stands because the equivalent part kept breaking all the time.

9 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

The plate that holds the arms in place, is it a solid piece or is the underside hollow? I ended up throwing out the flightpose stands because the equivalent part kept breaking all the time.

Don't screw them down so hard.

19 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Then the arms collapse under the weight of the toy that's on the stand. 

There is a sweet spot where the arms won't move but the base plate won't crack. Yes, I broke 1-3 base plates to learn this. But the sweet spot is there.

I'm currently looking at 29 Flightpose stands holding toys that don't have cracked base plates. That's not 29 flukes.;)

On 1/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, derex3592 said:

@anime52k8's question is legitimate -- That's been my problem with the flightpose stands as well over the years. Not supporting huge amounts of weight either, but eventually the base cracks where the rods attach and then your toy/model has a crash...

Happened to mine as well. The old stands with the black tips are way better. The base is more solid.

• 1 month later...

Are these Yetistands official ? I'm actually looking for Original Arcadia Stands which i will never take  out of their boxes. I don't take my Arcadias out of the box.  Actually, i have  a Yamato VF-0S which i took out of the box back in the day. If i also could find its original 1/60 Yamato Display Stand and a 1/60  Ghost Drone, i would be super happy and i will open them as well to put on my Yamato VF-0S so i can properly display it.  

But, I don't take my plastic toys out of their boxes anymore. I only diplay stone statues. Plastic toys are displayed in their boxes in my collection, if they can be displayed that way.

Edited by VF-Zero

2 minutes ago, VF-Zero said:

Are these Yetistands official ? I'm actually looking for Original Arcadia Stands which i will never take out of the box. I don't take my Arcadias out of the box.  Actually i have Yamato VF-0S which i took out of the box back in the day. If i also could find its original Yamato Stand and a Ghost Drone, i would be super happy and i will open them to display with my Yamato VF-0S.   But I don't take my plastic toys out of their boxes anymore. I only diplay stone statues. 

No. YetiStands are made by our own @ChaoticYeti. Using high-quality acrylic. The adapters on the other hand are 3D printed so it can accommodate both Bandai's and YamArcadia's Valkyries.

If you're looking for Arcadia Stands, best bet is to watch Mandarake, Jungle, and Yahoo Japan Auction.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the thread necro but I thought this would be the best place to put this. Arcadia's variable stand is getting a re-release in September, it looks like. A pre-order went up on AmiAmi this morning; it's probably available on other sites as well.

Never realized how good I had it with those YetiStands till they were gone. 😔

Yeah.  The Arcadia launch-arm stands are great and you can never have enough of it.

As such, I still want Arcadia to resurrect the Mighty Blocks and release it with improvements.  They're prolly easier to produce than the Launch-Arms.

I really like using 'em with older Yammies and even Arcadia's in banking poses:

yammie-super-vf0s-first-ed-on-mightyblock.jpg.eee09487801a708092df91eb999b0d4c.jpg

Unfortunately, the newer Arcadia SV-51 has gotten a bit too leg-heavy to do banking poses on the Might Block, hence the need for improvements...

5 hours ago, treatment said:

Yeah.  The Arcadia launch-arm stands are great and you can never have enough of it.

As such, I still want Arcadia to resurrect the Mighty Blocks and release it with improvements.  They're prolly easier to produce than the Launch-Arms.

I really like using 'em with older Yammies and even Arcadia's in banking poses:

yammie-super-vf0s-first-ed-on-mightyblock.jpg.eee09487801a708092df91eb999b0d4c.jpg

Unfortunately, the newer Arcadia SV-51 has gotten a bit too leg-heavy to do banking poses on the Might Block, hence the need for improvements...

This is the stand that I like to have for the most of my 1/60 Valks. Small enough to fit a few on the shelf that I'm planning. That's why I have second thoughts on ordering the Launch Arm one.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, MKT said:

Oof, that delivery fee, over ¥5000 showing to California.