wait, i didn't realize there was a difference between the construction of the aoshima and the toynami. i thought they wre basically the same except for the deco and some under chest missiles? is it the toynami one i really want though. i prefer its deco and also the packaging is second to none IMO. only one on ebay right now and its $299 ( i wan the scott/stick variant).

According to jenius's review on Anymoon.com, the Aoshima one is worse quality than the Toynami. It also has the missile pod that sits between the shoulders in fighter-mode (which for some reason shows up on all the model kits but was never seen in the animation) and is not removable. The other differences are some slightly different paint colors, and ratcheting hips on the Aoshima.

There's a couple of Aoshima Stick-type Legioss toys on Mandarake going for about 70,000 yen. If you're ok with the differences, that's a heck of a lot cheaper than $300. Personally, I like the look of these toys but it's a real shame they are such crap quality-wise. I have a Toynami Alpha which I bought loose on eBay for $60. if I ever pick up another one, I wouldn't pay much more than that. No matter how great it looks, I can't justify paying that much money for something that could crumble at the slightest touch.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sorry to derail the topic for a moment but something really sucky happened.

My Beagle Stick was stolen.

I was taking it out to show someone. Put it in the box and was carrying it in a clear bag. Maybe that was a mistake. Sat down on the train with it in the overhead compartment. Was texting but, hell, it's Japan. I see people leave wallets on tables in cafes while they go to the toilet.

So, I get to my stop and when I reach up to get my Beagle...yeeeeeah.

Worst part is I am pretty sure it was this arrogant frakking looking businessman who stole it. He was the only one standing next to me.

frakk!

addendum;

Awwww, frakk. That means I gotta sow up another red jumpsuit for another Stick. frakk you, random Japanese guy!

sorry to hear about that. i hope whoever stole it regrets it. i don't know how a grown up can live with himself stooping so low and steal a hobby toy. what a child...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

wait, i didn't realize there was a difference between the construction of the aoshima and the toynami. i thought they wre basically the same except for the deco and some under chest missiles? is it the toynami one i really want though. i prefer its deco and also the packaging is second to none IMO. only one on ebay right now and its $299 ( i wan the scott/stick variant).

Toynami looks better color wise I think but they have the over abundance of die cast in bad places. The Aoshima should have been much better but was poorly assembled at their factory. It has little to no diecast and anime colors but from what I hear lots of bad wing/shoulder assemblies which botches fighter mode.

I had a CMs Green Legioss/Tread and it was neat but a froppy mess.

I only now own a Toynami Red Alpha matched with a Red Beta. Very nice display. I don't transform the Alpha since I have a super posable...

Aoshima has a very similar quantity of diecast. The only diecast it's lacking is in the hips where they replaced the diecast hips with plastic hips so they could add a ratchet mechanism... that almost never works because the thing is built so poorly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

Form Feet and Legs... Form and Arms and Body... and EXO will form Stick and Rey...

the CAD reminds me of voltron for some reason...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'll be putting up a squad in various sclaes on shapeways. Let me know if they ship to your country if not I'll but it and send it to you. this is gonna be my "action squad" before I finish the cyclones and ride armors. So they'll be standing in poses and holding guns! And of course the running guy will be in this set.

Here's a preview of weaponry and equipment.

post-151-0-87287500-1385845309_thumb.jpg post-151-0-70821100-1385845310_thumb.jpg post-151-0-25547600-1385845311_thumb.jpg post-151-0-75603600-1385845311_thumb.jpg

Hey Tom... these are modeled in 1/32 for the people that wanted the last set I had in that scale. The last set didn't have enough detail for that size. The figures, motorcycles and Ride armors will be optimized for that scale and will be scaled down.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Guest davidwhangchoi

ordered a set in 1/48 scale to match the Gurab. i hope the running guy survives the Gurab chasing him down...

Edited by davidwhangchoi