Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So between soon and vaporware:ph34r:, what’s the over/under on a Sentinel red Tread being added to this display:

675C51CA-939B-430C-86E0-05EE256E1454.thumb.jpeg.7e2aea86d612a41333bf60fa9752766c.jpeg

I’m thinking the over/under line is Summer 2024.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember talking to Sentinel years ago when the Legioss was like a month before hitting shelves. I asked about a Tread and they indicated if sales were really good, the Legioss was designed so it would be possible. Then the person said "but the only one people would buy is blue right?" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Peachy. <_<

Makes business sense, but still.

If they never do a red Tread, I guess I could always repaint a blue one.  But I suspect we’re still a few years away from even getting a Tread (with everything possible in their Mospeada pipeline).

I still don’t know what the slots on the Legioss forearms are for.  But it seems like obvious connection points for a Tread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Super Legioss is an unused design from the show, there's also an armored Legioss. Both involve forearm embellishments. The forearm slots give Sentinel the option to make these... Or maybe Trex the option to do WF exclusives in the future like the Arcadia YF19 advanced parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jenius said:

The Super Legioss is an unused design from the show, there's also an armored Legioss. Both involve forearm embellishments. The forearm slots give Sentinel the option to make these... Or maybe Trex the option to do WF exclusives in the future like the Arcadia YF19 advanced parts.

So, forearm embellishments and extra armor and ammo. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . Like a TREAD?! :spiteful:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically, the Legioss’ wings would become canards for the the combined fighter, right?

Wonder where we’ve seen a fighter with canards angled differently than the main wings. . .

938CF0B4-3202-4E4B-8167-016CE46A056C.thumb.jpeg.be0803fe607fff174e8de3c79e045448.jpeg

Pic courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

Yeah, it’ll be different from what we’ve usually seen with previous Legioss/Tread or Alpha/Beta combos.  But let’s see what Sentinel comes up with.  For all we know they may design the Tread’s wings with the same slightly downward angle as the Legioss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

New pics of B2Five's Ride Armors at TagHobbybh06.thumb.jpg.e82ab8bce4856feb3136340af9c52a02.jpg

Woah Thanks for the link!

I did a triple take when i saw the Zillion Tri-Charger !!!

I'm lucky enough to have the 1987 Sega Tri-charger toy, But o m g  this prototype is blowing my mind! A true "unicorn" dream Toy imho

*Anyone have any info on this*?

Screenshot_20210207-173934~3.png

Screenshot_20210207-174003~2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

Woah Thanks for the link!

I did a triple take when i saw the Zillion Tri-Charger !!!

I'm lucky enough to have the 1987 Sega Tri-charger toy, But o m g  this prototype is blowing my mind! A true "unicorn" dream Toy imho

*Anyone have any info on this*?

Nothing yet, but I'm stoked for it as well. I put the pics up in my Zillion thread too. Any more info I find will be in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dumb musings:  I think the Sentinel version will probably sink deeper into the Tread.  The fact that the feet don’t extend so far past the boosters allows them to squeeze the two birds closer together.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if the potential Sentinel Tread is a little “fatter” from top to bottom than the Beta.  The Beta looks a little too flat when combined with the Sentinel Legioss.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a red one out too (I don't watch the Superbowl). I hate to say it, but I just don't like Sentinel stuff. Not just MOSPEDA toys. I have some Super Robots too. In the whole toy landscape Sentinel stuff seems too small, too fiddly, too fragile and therefore too expensive. Am I glad to have some decent Legioss toys? Absolutely. Would I rather have the quality of a Bandai/Arcadia? Absolutely. 

IMG_8388.thumb.JPG.b517c08c73b5ee541cb1da84b2532293.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After handling multiple Toynami Alphas, I really don’t have too many complaints about Sentinel’s rendition.

Articulation is off the charts, design is leaps and bounds over other toy companies’ versions, and it can hold poses solidly.

If they can stick the landing with the rest of their releases, we’ll have one company as the go-to for all our Mospeada needs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Mog said:

After handling multiple Toynami Alphas, I really don’t have too many complaints about Sentinel’s rendition.

Articulation is off the charts, design is leaps and bounds over other toy companies’ versions, and it can hold poses solidly.

If they can stick the landing with the rest of their releases, we’ll have one company as the go-to for all our Mospeada needs.

Agreed. Compared to Mospeada toys they're great. Compared to toys in general............:pardon:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Except for the big glaring issue with the pin and stress marks on the Ride Armors, when something pops off on a Sentinel, I’ll freak for a second. . . and then realize it’s a quick fix to pop it back into place.

I have a few Bandai pieces, and they are quality.  But that preorder process is the absolute stinkin’ worse. :bad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Got a red one out too (I don't watch the Superbowl). I hate to say it, but I just don't like Sentinel stuff. Not just MOSPEDA toys. I have some Super Robots too. In the whole toy landscape Sentinel stuff seems too small, too fiddly, too fragile and therefore too expensive. Am I glad to have some decent Legioss toys? Absolutely. Would I rather have the quality of a Bandai/Arcadia? Absolutely. 

IMG_8388.thumb.JPG.b517c08c73b5ee541cb1da84b2532293.JPG

 

I agree on the expensive part, they're quite spendy... can't imagine what the Tread would cost if they make one. 

We can keep hoping that Arcadia or Bandai will acquire the Mospeada license & stick with the TV series Legioss designs since Toynami, CM's & EVO Toys dropped the ball. An Arcadia made Ride-Armor, oh yeah!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^There’s room for design improvements on the Tread (looking at you, cockpit/sternum chest area!).

But the transformation process is relatively simple.  So hopefully, that’s one factor helping to keep costs down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jenius said:

The Beagle basically is an Arcadia made ride armor. Yamato employees made Beagle.

I think a Tread would be the same price as the Legioss... They seemed to have found a price point they like.

Well in that case Bandai can take a swing at it. B))

As for a Sentinel Tread, again if they make it I am very curious what it'll look like. Their chest section will be a massive improvement to Toynami's design in Soldier mode. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mog said:

^^There’s room for design improvements on the Tread (looking at you, cockpit/sternum chest area!).

But the transformation process is relatively simple.  So hopefully, that’s one factor helping to keep costs down.

When I did the line art comparisons for the existing toys, it was obvious that a proper Tread would need a more sophisticated transformation. Still not Sentinel Legioss level, but I would guess it will have a lot more going on then expected... Especially if they're going to have a working cockpit... Done big hurdles there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...