Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

Are there any Legioss models that have intakes that might even approximately fit the CM's Legioss ?

The Aoshima 1:48 variable Legioss kits are about the same size as the CMs, the Toynami, and the Sentinel.  They are cheap and plentiful.

I imagine upgrading your CMs toy would require far more than just the intakes, however...  <_<

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tekering said:

The Aoshima 1:48 variable Legioss kits are about the same size as the CMs, the Toynami, and the Sentinel.  They are cheap and plentiful.

I imagine upgrading your CMs toy would require far more than just the intakes, however...  <_<

Many thanks I'll definitely invest in one!

And lol indeed, they have several shortcomings; but the intakes are my only unforgivable "gripe".

 Thanks again man! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The CM's is the one I think I have. Didn't they offer up a set of new, better intakes? I failed to purchase those.

Has anyone done a 3D printer version?

 

Also. that got me thinking. The Aoshima/Toynami (they are same/similar no?) Tread.. One of you guys has made an adaptor for putting that Tread on the Sentinel Legioss. Any plans for an adaptor from Sentinel to CMs tread?  I only have the CMs but it looks close enough to try.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input/n403509543/lgk-link_search

CM's Legioss & Tread combo with Special Upgrade Parts

Just saying

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

 

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

The only Mospeada CM's I have are the Pilotless Legioss Drone version & that's only because no one else ever made it. Quality isn't to bad, however if you feel the Sentinel doesn't have enough locking mechanisms, the CM has none. Also, the Legioss/Tread combo is a total after thought on design... Toynami did it better in this case. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

 

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

The tread is easily closest to the line art and reviewed as a solidly manufactured toy.

The legioss has a cheep feel and wonky proportions...but def more durable than the toynami mpc abominations (with their disintegrating parts).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

 

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

They're pretty bad... The Evoulution Toy Legioss isn't good but it's much better than the CMs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glasswave said:

The tread is easily closest to the line art and reviewed as a solidly manufactured toy.

But to echo what @505thAirborne said, the fighter combo is shite.

And the yellow array on the Tread sticks up incorrectly in bomber mode.  None of the lineart ever showed the yellow array positioned the way CM’s has it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mog said:

But to echo what @505thAirborne said, the fighter combo is shite.

And the yellow array on the Tread sticks up incorrectly in bomber mode.  None of the lineart ever showed the yellow array positioned the way CM’s has it.

I was speaking to the overall body proportions; as compared to the gakken prototype and the americanized and (imo) profane toynami mpc.

**Just my 2 cents as a religiously devoted fan of Genesis Climber Mospeada since 1985.

P.s. fully agree about the legioss and horrible hookup ;)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally the Legioss arrived to Argentina. From June until yesterday October 14.

Very slow for me (BBTS), but very well packed.

The figure is extraordinary!

I have not transform it yet, but I note that the reverse leg pivot problem isn't there. I'll see it when I transform the figure.

The only thing that I noticed so far is that this part came rotated 90° to the inside (See pic)

Regards!

image.thumb.png.2ab0b55164be5507f655638e3423d84e.png

 

IMG-3682.thumb.jpg.4cc38a89037325b3eae33ff044fd7017.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2020 at 10:01 AM, Glasswave said:

Ok it's killing me : What are the odds that these B25's actually get produced??

*And no fuke in that line-up reminds me of megahouse (not in a good way) ;)

 

Screenshot_20201013-130420~2.png

Wait are those fully variable 1:48 ride armors?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Perxion said:

Finally the Legioss arrived to Argentina. From June until yesterday October 14.

Very slow for me (BBTS), but very well packed.

The figure is extraordinary!

I have not transform it yet, but I note that the reverse leg pivot problem isn't there. I'll see it when I transform the figure.

The only thing that I noticed so far is that this part came rotated 90° to the inside (See pic)

Regards!

image.thumb.png.2ab0b55164be5507f655638e3423d84e.png

 

IMG-3682.thumb.jpg.4cc38a89037325b3eae33ff044fd7017.jpg

That part pops out for the stand so easy fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just noticed something cool.  On the display stand "Tread Arm" adapter that you use for fighter mode there is a recessed area to stow that crotch vernier vent that you have to pop out to plug adapter in to so you don't lose it.  Pretty thoughtful...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kuma Style said:

Thank you guys for the input on the CMS. I think I'm just going to stick to disliking the Sentinel for the moment, lol.

Also, finishing up the gallery fort it and  got to the mini rider... man this thing is a travesty.

16-158.png

What makes you say that?  Looks pretty damn impressive to me for the tiny size.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe all the people who love this Sentinel product are tainted by the experience of just about every other Legioss toy and Kuma hasn't been subjected to that so he's able to give a more unbiased opinion based on his experiences with other $250 toys. If you've handled the Evolution Toy, CM's, or Toynami lately, then you have a different definition of "trash quality" than he does. It says a lot when a toy has shoulders that are frozen in place and a pilot that falls apart easily is the BEST Legioss toy you can get. The bar wasn't very high. 

For my part, I have really high hopes. Almost all my issues with this toy are fit/finish related and could easily be rectified in a reissue to make it an amazing toy. No reissue was ever going to make the CM's or ET toys better than bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Maybe all the people who love this Sentinel product are tainted by the experience of just about every other Legioss toy and Kuma hasn't been subjected to that so he's able to give a more unbiased opinion based on his experiences with other $250 toys. If you've handled the Evolution Toy, CM's, or Toynami lately, then you have a different definition of "trash quality" than he does. It says a lot when a toy has shoulders that are frozen in place and a pilot that falls apart easily is the BEST Legioss toy you can get. The bar wasn't very high. 

I actually went over people bringing up older variants of the figure as justification for this thing being so poor in my review, lol. It never fails and it never registers as a valid excuse for me. You nailed it, here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, jenius said:

Maybe all the people who love this Sentinel product are tainted by the experience of just about every other Legioss toy and Kuma hasn't been subjected to that so he's able to give a more unbiased opinion based on his experiences with other $250 toys. If you've handled the Evolution Toy, CM's, or Toynami lately, then you have a different definition of "trash quality" than he does. It says a lot when a toy has shoulders that are frozen in place and a pilot that falls apart easily is the BEST Legioss toy you can get. The bar wasn't very high. 

For my part, I have really high hopes. Almost all my issues with this toy are fit/finish related and could easily be rectified in a reissue to make it an amazing toy. No reissue was ever going to make the CM's or ET toys better than bad. 

heh, i wanted to love the sentinel too...i wanted it to be finally "that legioss" that one could just mess with and hav fun with and look good.  its far away the best overall (althogh i prefer the overall aesthetics of the evolution toys one more except he lack of detail on it), but it needed some massaging before release that it never got.  the shoulder issue is so ridiculous.  the pilot figure is basically trash compared to what 3P TF people are doing with headmasters etc. that size.  someone needed to go over the tolerance stacks a bit better in design and assure the quality at the production end too.   it didn't happen well enough.  hopefully the next release will fix all those issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah.. So far I've also been a bit disappointed with most of my Sentinel made figures with exception of the the Devolution Getter and Grendizer. The Mospeda stuff is nice to look at.. and that's about it. I hated transforming and posing the ride armors and I'm too scared to transform my Legioss. I'm not that hopeful that they'll do better on the Red Zeta Legioss since I saw virtually no improvement in the ride armors. I broke my windshield off on Yellow's bike on my first transformation and have left it alone since. sigh..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah.. So far I've also been a bit disappointed with most of my Sentinel made figures with exception of the the Devolution Getter and Grendizer. The Mospeda stuff is nice to look at.. and that's about it. I hated transforming and posing the ride armors and I'm too scared to transform my Legioss. I'm not that hopeful that they'll do better on the Red Zeta Legioss since I saw virtually no improvement in the ride armors. I broke my windshield off on Yellow's bike on my first transformation and have left it alone since. sigh..

Agreed. Having a fair amount of other stuff from Sentinel I wasn't expecting much from the Legioss aside from it looking good and hopefully not completely falling apart.

I've considered selling my Sentinel Ride Armors (x4) and getting one more Beagle/Toynami so I can have two in armor mode and one in bike (forgive me, I don't know what the modes are called). The Sentinels look good. But they're just too small IMO. And also IMO the Beagle/Toynami's are more toon accurate.

I love my Getter Devolution too.:D

Edited by sqidd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah.. So far I've also been a bit disappointed with most of my Sentinel made figures with exception of the the Devolution Getter and Grendizer. The Mospeda stuff is nice to look at.. and that's about it. I hated transforming and posing the ride armors and I'm too scared to transform my Legioss. I'm not that hopeful that they'll do better on the Red Zeta Legioss since I saw virtually no improvement in the ride armors. I broke my windshield off on Yellow's bike on my first transformation and have left it alone since. sigh..

I'm a Sentinel completist and I'll say they've been on this downward slope for years with these random gems... like the products are amazing or a travesty with no in between and an 80/20 split. 

History-wise they don't really do improvements on repaints/retools so odds are slim on the upcoming Legioss being a single percent better than what you see here.  I warned people about the armors as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not just the Riobot line though. I was really hoping their Metamor-Force Bariation line would be 'premium' based on the $$$ price. I was expecting to get blown away by the newly released Final Form Dancouga and Sol Gravion. My copy of Dancouga looks great but doesn't feel very premium. The red foot robot (dunno it's name) has a glued in place right arm that I couldn't move and the left arm of the elephant looking one tends to come off at the joint. It's not broken, but doesn't feel like quality. I was really hoping for metal joints like the KO but no improvements here. The Sol Gravion feels like a floppy mess when combined and is difficult to pose let alone just to have it stand on it's own two feet. I even went into it knowing the shoulder movement was limited. I was hoping the style of it would win me over. Anyways, sorry to rant and derail the topic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

It's not just the Riobot line though. I was really hoping their Metamor-Force Bariation line would be 'premium' based on the $$$ price. I was expecting to get blown away by the newly released Final Form Dancouga and Sol Gravion. My copy of Dancouga looks great but doesn't feel very premium. The red foot robot (dunno it's name) has a glued in place right arm that I couldn't move and the left arm of the elephant looking one tends to come off at the joint. It's not broken, but doesn't feel like quality. I was really hoping for metal joints like the KO but no improvements here. The Sol Gravion feels like a floppy mess when combined and is difficult to pose let alone just to have it stand on it's own two feet. I even went into it knowing the shoulder movement was limited. I was hoping the style of it would win me over. Anyways, sorry to rant and derail the topic.

Wonderful. I was just about to pop this out of the box. Looks like I'm going to have to arm myself with a bottle of KiKi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

It's not just the Riobot line though. I was really hoping their Metamor-Force Bariation line would be 'premium' based on the $$$ price. I was expecting to get blown away by the newly released Final Form Dancouga and Sol Gravion. My copy of Dancouga looks great but doesn't feel very premium. The red foot robot (dunno it's name) has a glued in place right arm that I couldn't move and the left arm of the elephant looking one tends to come off at the joint. It's not broken, but doesn't feel like quality. I was really hoping for metal joints like the KO but no improvements here. The Sol Gravion feels like a floppy mess when combined and is difficult to pose let alone just to have it stand on it's own two feet. I even went into it knowing the shoulder movement was limited. I was hoping the style of it would win me over. Anyways, sorry to rant and derail the topic.

I don't know who said it was just a specific line so I feel like maybe I'm missing a response but yea; is universal with their produced products.

The Dancouga mold is one of their best products and they actually changed out the shoulders which was the universally reported flaw so I think you should be good there.

Edit: caught that you're saying is the Dancouga you own; got it!

I didn't have any problems with God Gravion so unless something happened to where Sol is worse then I dunno. It wasn't great but I didn't spot any blaring q.c. issues so thanks for pointing this out.

Damn..  that really sucks. Guess the MMX Falcon armor gets my last shred of Sentinel excitement.

Edited by Kuma Style
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I don't know who said it was just a specific line so I feel like maybe I'm missing a response but yea; is universal with their produced products.

You're right. No one said it. I'm just bad at English even though it's my first language. :)I was just comparing issues found in both the Riobot and Metamor-Force Bariation line and because of the price I expected better from the MFB line in terms of fit/finish/materials used. I'm a little disappointed with the Dancouga because of the two QC issues I have but it's still an amazing piece and makes my SoC Dancouga look silly in comparison. It's not even a bad figure. The accompanying Black Hawk feels a bit like garbage but I expected that after reading your review giving it a 7 on your website. I'm not at all pleased with the Sol Gravion. Maybe my expectations were too high for $400+ I expected better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

You're right. No one said it. I'm just bad at English even though it's my first language. :)I was just comparing issues found in both the Riobot and Metamor-Force Bariation line and because of the price I expected better from the MFB line in terms of fit/finish/materials used. I'm a little disappointed with the Dancouga because of the two QC issues I have but it's still an amazing piece and makes my SoC Dancouga look silly in comparison. It's not even a bad figure. The accompanying Black Hawk feels a bit like garbage but I expected that after reading your review giving it a 7 on your website. I'm not at all pleased with the Sol Gravion. Maybe my expectations were too high for $400+ I expected better.

I just unpacked my SOL Gravion. It's good. Maybe if I was really nit picking the feet/ankles could be a bit tighter. That would be really nit picking though. And some KiKi would fix it right up. Score one for inconsistent QC?:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...