7 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Taking a closer look at those pics, it really does seem like they intentionally went with varying shades of red, not that I mind at all. 

I mean just look at this pic for example:

set88044_11.jpg

The tip of the nose is a single piece, but the top of it is a darker red. The shoulder pieces look like they're molded in the lighter red color, but painted a darker red on the front and top whereas the angular trim on the sides are the lighter red shade. You can see the lighter red color also show through around the edges surrounding the recessed clear yellow pieces. 

I actually agree with varying the tones of the red.  I was concerned it would get monotone as a single solid color.  Now it's nicely accented while still being all red.

I suppose, a pink Houquet is Sentinel’s way of making her stand out from the Zeta’s sea of red.. but there are so many more shades in between both colours that could sufficiently differentiate her from the Zeta. 

totally forgot about this, but checked this thread due to even bbts having this for order (was there to check on something else).  guessing amazon jp cheapest with shipping...

shipped via dhl to usa for a total of¥ 24,857

Cannot imagine the "cheaper" places coming in cheaper after adding shipping...too lazy to go through the process of adding to cart on every place...just went with amazon jp. 

wasn't going to go all in on this line too (they are spendy for what they are) , but if they do a tlead i guess i can unload my toynamis alphas and betas.  that being said, despite being crumbly handed i'm quite fond of them.  i haven't seen them in years (boxed up in and stored inside sealed packages in my storage area)..wonder if they still hold together or if they'll fall apart taking them out of the box.  no doubt the betas will be fine but the alphas...who knows?  my evolution toys guys...only opened a couple of them.  nice presence but they just aren't very good toys.  love the proportions, sculpting and look on them (in a different style from teh toynamis or these rcent sentinels) as well as size.  wish they had a bit more detail like these guys do (if they did i'd visually prefer them to sentinel's effort)...  i kinda wonder....how many versions of legioss/alpha are people keeping?   i have had basically zero display space for a while (and that iwll be the case for another ocuple yeras before i move out to the burbs) and i wonder what versions i'll display when i finally have  proper place to display things again.  lol.

1 minute ago, MKT said:

I suppose, a pink Houquet is Sentinel’s way of making her stand out from the Zeta’s sea of red.. but there are so many more shades in between both colours that could sufficiently differentiate her from the Zeta. 

yeh the houquet color is a WTF until you remember she would get lost in teh sea of red(S) and white in her normal colors.  still i hope someone paints theirs to the real colors.  i am a bit miffed that for $250 usd we still get pilots molded in a single color and completely unpainted.  in the world of 3P TF's you have headmaster figures that are a similar size, are painted and transform ... and they come with much cheaper toys.  lol.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

BBTS preorder now up for those willing to wait for delivery:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/131585

For now, Amazon JP is still the better deal for those in NA or at least the US. Costs less shipped and probably have it in your hands sooner.

41 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

yeh the houquet color is a WTF until you remember she would get lost in teh sea of red(S) and white in her normal colors.  still i hope someone paints theirs to the real colors.  i am a bit miffed that for $250 usd we still get pilots molded in a single color and completely unpainted.  in the world of 3P TF's you have headmaster figures that are a similar size, are painted and transform ... and they come with much cheaper toys.  lol.

Definitely will be painting mine. That hot pink is burning my retinas.

I do think it is supposed to be a shade of pink, but more muted and not like THAT.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

For now, Amazon JP is still the better deal for those in NA or at least the US. Costs less shipped and probably have it in your hands sooner.

Yep, BBTS is not the cheapest and definitely not the fastest option. They are fantastic for customer service if you have an issue, though, since in-country swaps/shipping tends to be better.

I should have added @jenius's store code on the link, though, as a thank you for all the reviews. Going back to edit.  :)

That is a good point worth mentioning about the domestic customer service. The $4 flat rate shipping is not bad either. By the time I found out about the Legioss Eta, every place that still had it was selling it for way over msrp, but I was able to order one from BBTS for 250 and only $4 shipping on top of that. So that was pretty awesome.

38 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That is a good point worth mentioning about the domestic customer service. The $4 flat rate shipping is not bad either. By the time I found out about the Legioss Eta, every place that still had it was selling it for way over msrp, but I was able to order one from BBTS for 250 and only $4 shipping on top of that. So that was pretty awesome.

true but state sales tax on $250 must be added FWIW so that would end up more like $276 for me whereas amazon gonna come in right around $250 shipped depending on exchange rate.   of course we all pay the sales tax come tax time as use tax though obvi!  :-P

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

if they do a tlead i guess i can unload my toynamis alphas and betas.  that being said, despite being crumbly handed i'm quite fond of them.  i haven't seen them in years (boxed up in and stored inside sealed packages in my storage area)..wonder if they still hold together or if they'll fall apart taking them out of the box.

You'll probably found they've fallen apart in the box... but you won't be able to tell unless you actually take them out.  The risk is up to you.  :p

2 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

how many versions of legioss/alpha are people keeping?

The Evolution Toys Legioss are displayed with Moscato's Invid crabs and EXO's soldiers, the DX VF-1s, and everything else 1:48...

The Sentinel Legioss are displayed with Yamarcadia's Valkyries, Bandai's renewals, and everything else 1:60...

The Gakken Legioss remain in their boxes for sentimental value, along with the Takatoku chunky monkeys, the Matchbox SDF-1, and everything else vintage '80s.  B))

Any Toynami, Aoshima, or CMs Legioss can go to eBay, or go to hell.  <_<

On 7/29/2020 at 11:46 PM, enphily said:

EeJPBYTUYAIVCy-?format=jpg&name=medium

12 hours ago, Mog said:

It’s bad enough they have her in hot pink.  Now, they’re snapping butt pics of Houquet:

D77917C8-2941-4CE0-8346-89A8924E70D1.jpeg.3121ae044c36160dbcaca7bec104dcf3.jpeg

I'm going to go back to our color situation. 

First, if the actual 1:60 Bike/Armor release is the same color as in the first artist rendition I won't be disappointed.  I know we all want proper Red but I think that color is attractive enough and I'm personally  not so married to the property that I NEED it to be red.  I just need it to look good and I think it does that.

For the Legioss, obviously the tiny toy is a solitary molded plastic and that certainly doesn't help the look.  But if its color were more reflective of the top image instead of the pink nightmare in these promo photos I would be far happier as well.  If the 1:60 release is this color though, hoo boy...

20 minutes ago, Mommar said:

For the Legioss, obviously the tiny toy is a solitary molded plastic and that certainly doesn't help the look.  But if its color were more reflective of the top image instead of the pink nightmare in these promo photos I would be far happier as well.  If the 1:60 release is this color though, hoo boy...

While Sentinel's Legioss itself is arguably closer to 1:60 scale, the pilot figure is clearly 1:48 (which is why it barely squeezes into the cockpit!).

The upcoming Riobot Mospeada Ride-Armor VR-038L "Bartley," which I assume you're referring to, is 1:12 scale.

16 minutes ago, tekering said:

While Sentinel's Legioss itself is arguably closer to 1:60 scale, the pilot figure is clearly 1:48 (which is why it barely squeezes into the cockpit!).

The upcoming Riobot Mospeada Ride-Armor VR-038L "Bartley," which I assume you're referring to, is 1:12 scale.

How big do you think the Legioss is? I used the stats and for 1/48 for the Sentinel... Though it was a little small in soldier.

4 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i kinda wonder....how many versions of legioss/alpha are people keeping?   i have had basically zero display space for a while (and that iwll be the case for another ocuple yeras before i move out to the burbs) and i wonder what versions i'll display when i finally have  proper place to display things again.  lol.

I used to have the first four Toynami Alphas and two blue Betas.

Since I literally waited YEARS until they released the Betas, there’s no way in hell I’ll ever let them go.  So, I’m kinda obligated to keep the two blue Alphas, as well.

One of the blue Alphas had its hips break into a billion pieces.  So, it’s literally held together and still standing with the help of paper clips.

I eventually sold the Greenie and the Shadow (no spot to display them).  Plus, they had issues that made them more finicky than usual.

But despite taking a few stage dives and getting broken in the process, I wound up keeping the red Alpha.  I liked its solid red color scheme that much:

post-3595-128793171768_thumb.jpg

I also already got a display spot ready for the Zeta girl (and any potential matching Tread they’ll hopefully release):

C95220AB-F31E-45D1-9EBB-D4D7080CC508.jpeg.f1cdd138c2f3668acf09edfdd6af13dc.jpeg
And Houquet’s Ride Armor should lean more red, not pink.  Even though I preferred a more greyish, lighter blue, I was okay with the darker blue on Yellow.  That won’t be the case with Houquet if she’s this hot pink.  

Although the Sentinel scale is closest to 1/48, I'd also like to imagine it as closer to 1/60.  That would put the real-life jet length around 40' (vs 32'), which is still shorter than the Harrier.   The toys looks too damn small compared to ~1/48 toys. 

Edited by ghostryder

12 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Taking a closer look at those pics, it really does seem like they intentionally went with varying shades of red, not that I mind at all. 

I mean just look at this pic for example:

set88044_11.jpg

The tip of the nose is a single piece, but the top of it is a darker red. The shoulder pieces look like they're molded in the lighter red color, but painted a darker red on the front and top whereas the angular trim on the sides are the lighter red shade. You can see the lighter red color also show through around the edges surrounding the recessed clear yellow pieces. 

I think you're spot on with it being intentional.  If you compare Riobot's pics of the two Legioss, reduced-image_16375_7_1574271899.jpeg.039d22e95afefc4b7348a763ab035f2e.jpegset88044_11.jpeg.b2a2f998fec43bbc395e78842e4e7fb1.jpeg

you can see where the Zeta's color variances pretty much coincide with the white trim on the Eta. Oh, well. Not a big fan, but here's to hoping it's one of those things that grows on me or looks better in hand.  At least it was an intentional choice vs it being accidental, but I still wish it was a solid dark red.

Edited by mantisfists

in the beginning, the Beta detached before he sunk into earth atmos  = super packs detached on the VT-1  =  vf-25F supers detached on entering atmosphere gravity.

i lost respect for the show at a certain point. later this heavy boulder is flyin in earth's gravity. that was garbage as frontier movie's mass heavy tornando packs  can be flown in atmosphere while the smaller supers can't. 

Stick can swim and then he can't... 

anyways, i hope they release the tread,  complete together, it'll look comparible to a 1/48 sized DX.

29 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I bet it's a case of "looks more obvious in photos" type of thing. I don't even notice the color differences IRL for the ETA but they do seem noticeable if I photograph it. 

Yeah, it’s kinda how I look at Yellow’s Ride Armor:  I wish it was a lighter blue, so you could see the black MB markings on the shoulder.  But it’s not a deal-breaker.

I’d prefer a more consistent red throughout the Zeta.  But it didn’t stop me from preordering.

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

Yeah, it’s kinda how I look at Yellow’s Ride Armor:  I wish it was a lighter blue, so you could see the black MB markings on the shoulder.  But it’s not a deal-breaker.

I’d prefer a more consistent red throughout the Zeta.  But it didn’t stop me from preordering.

I guess worst case scenario, one could use clear red paint as a filter and tie the reds closer together with it. That's what I did with Alto's YF-29, well except I actually matched the painted parts to the color of the plastic parts.

Referring to open preorder window, the issue will still be geo locked to Japan due to licencing rights outside etc.

Will still mean Jp address, credit card etc so not much different from a tamashi web exclusive.

Edited by KFDzero

21 minutes ago, KFDzero said:

Referring to open preorder window, the issue will still be geo locked to Japan due to licencing rights outside etc.

Will still mean Jp address, credit card etc so not much different from a tamashi web exclusive.

What does this mean exactly? That my order through Amazon JP is invalid?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

With the SOC Dairugger/Vehicle Voltron, I recall there was some sort of lock where they couldn’t fulfill the pre-order once you input a US address on Amazon.jp.

Considering that didn’t happen with the Zeta, I’m assuming we’re good to go.

24 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What does this mean exactly? That my order through Amazon JP is invalid?

Resellers in Japan are fine. I'm not familiar with grey market/parallel import laws but generally, once Bandai (the distributor) have shipped to the Japan market, it's no longer a big risk for the onsellers...

It's also why certain Amazon jp resellers will not ship internationally to avoid the risk.

Maybe someone more familiar with the regs around this can chime in

Edited by KFDzero

Wow. So this afternoon I arbitrarily (ok I've been checking a couple times a day) checked HLJ and the Legioss Zeta was there and able to bhe purchased. Wondered why i hadn't gotten a bunch of mail from this thread. Turns out I'm not subscribed to it. Gotta remedy that NOW.

That Pink figure is pretty weak, color-wise. Oh well. Maybe if the 1/12 ever comes out it will be nice looking. I have all the guy's Ride armors from various maker's but no Hoquet. Seems to either never get made cause the line ends, or sold out. I'm hoping it gets made before THIS line ends. 

If the Mosepada breakers tease was any indication I don't think they'll drop the 1/12 mospeada line anytime soon, though Yellow has been floating around for a while and is still very easy to get ($199 at BBTS or 18k yen on Manda) so I wonder if Hoquet will end up being a shelf-warmer (in comparison to stick/ray who were released twice and found nowhere for retail prices)

Edited by Duymon

So leaving off the whole hot pink vs. red issue, how many folks here would be willing to buy Houquet’s Ride Armor, based on the last updated prototype we saw?

Based on that last prototype, I’d be absolutely down to get one.

Since they just started the preorder for the Red Alpha,,     

I'm pretty sure the next preorder will be Riobot] 1/12: VR-038L Mospeada JPN: Houquet et Rose | US: Rook Bartley Type

Here's some photo from their pass events. 

DjS4kPuVAAADUCJ.jpg.0ae9c05c81825ea148ceb551271e2c98.jpg

EQXDyynU0AAX7EF.jpg.d0e362526fabb774829509fdd3fc831f.jpg

EQXDyy8U4AAPA3F.jpg.284abd4c389fc2395143a5cd4d6eebb2.jpg

EAwbKjtU0AArLqu.jpg.084c44747648c1fafbc314564f9878b3.jpg

EAwbKj4UcAEGMrB.jpg.a696181a596a08d59e55c7e0902b5a2d.jpg

EAwbKkAUEAAou9M.jpg.d082ab9becd877e1a366f8050713cfef.jpg

Edited by F360