Fighter mode looks about as good as it's ever going to get without making a non-transformable version. Maybe Harmony Gold will get Calibre Wings to make one, they are doing "Macross Saga" Robotech afterall, lol.

I'm going to wait for a shadow version, that's my favorite paint scheme out of them all. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

On 6/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, tekering said:

Oh, I'd highly recommend it.  The proportions, tampography, and clean paint work make it a highly-satisfying display piece in all three modes, and the transformation gets a lot easier once you know what you're doing.  :good:

Tks tekering for the insights. Btw, where did you get those mini 1/48 soldiers?

Edited by recon

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Well this is fun.  Everybody else got their package.  I got a message saying "your package was signed for by some other person."

Maybe you have multiple personalities that don't know about each other. Maybe check with the other you?:unknw::D

Top pic :wub:

Lower pic :lol:

Damn, that's a beautiful fighter. The arms make no sense aerodynamically, but the 'rule of cool' overrides physics.:)

Edited by M'Kyuun

Got mine! No time to do much with it before I hit the road. I managed to pull the landing gear out but man... that's a stressful affair. I imagine there are lots of tolerances that will be tweaked before a reissue or red repaint. The amount of force necessary to move some of the parts the first time is scary. Similarly, I bet they'll rework the pilot to make its little pegs a few microns bigger so it stays together better. As Tekering said, a coat of paint is probably all the joints need to be sufficiently tight on the rider figure. That said, managing the figure disassembling while handling isn't too big a deal, you're just putting it into a pose and then putting it down again and mine generally only falls apart when I'm moving the joints around, not when I'm putting it down in the position I want it to stay in. I've had two "oh no" moments that turned out to be nothing so far:
1) I went to pull the toy out of the tray and I heard loose bits in the clam shell. BROKEN?! No, just the intake fan covers popped off during shipping. 
2) When struggling to get the landing gear out I felt something hit my leg and then heard it hit the floor. BROKEN?! No, just that same winglet Tekering fixed popping off.

So, I can say already that I hope they make the landing gear swing move more freely and make that wing stick on more securely for future releases. Otherwise, it's really crazy having a Legioss that actually looks like a Legioss is supposed to look in fighter... more like a triangle overall and something much more fitting to be combined to a Tread. 

Half an hour on the phone.  The system had the package under a different persons name and it said it was delivered on March 9th.  The girl on the phone claimed they were trying to deliver it someplace else (no idea why you'd be trying to do that to a package that was already delivered/signed for four months ago) and she's putting in a request to deliver it to me instead... wtf?

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Half an hour on the phone.  The system had the package under a different persons name and it said it was delivered on March 9th.  The girl on the phone claimed they were trying to deliver it someplace else (no idea why you'd be trying to do that to a package that was already delivered/signed for four months ago) and she's putting in a request to deliver it to me instead... wtf?

I deal with a LOT of shipping. Inbound and outbound. I use most of the carriers. Since COVID everything has been a little screwed up....or a lot. USPS is a disaster. UPS is doing pretty good and is the best. FedEx is it's usual mess, a little better than USPS and bush league compared to UPS. I have to imagine that DHL isn't having issues. Having people working remotely poses a lot of challanges.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

My God...I'd be LIVID. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. 

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

You probably have a month to go... Might be worse due to COVID. 

I just snagged one from a member that got theirs DHL. Looks like my BBTS unit is going to be the one that sits in its box waiting for a Tread.

1 minute ago, Perxion said:

Thanks guys!

Last time on BBTS for me...:wacko:

Sometimes they can get you stuff cheaper if you’re willing to wait.  Some of the web exclusive SHF Marvel stuff can be cheaper if you don’t need it now.  

1 minute ago, jenius said:

For complicated first release stuff bbts is also great if you get a lemon. Their customer service is top notch.

Also, you don't have to deal with international shipping. Which right now is nice. I ordered the Ultimetal Megatron from BBTS just in case international shipping is still a mess when it's released. The Ultimetal boxes are MASSIVE. DHL would be a fortune.

AmazonJP was the best choice on this release I think. 

5 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Also, you don't have to deal with international shipping. Which right now is nice. I ordered the Ultimetal Megatron from BBTS just in case international shipping is still a mess when it's released. The Ultimetal boxes are MASSIVE. DHL would be a fortune.

AmazonJP was the best choice on this release I think. 

I don’t know about that, if it’s a lemon Amazon Japan is a spectacular bitch, and expensive too.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

be sure they are looking at the correct tracking number.  They might have fat fingered it and is giving you wrong info for a similar tracking number.

So, BBTS can't import Macross merchandise because of Harmony Gold's license, but Mospeada merchandise is allowed...?  :huh:

37 minutes ago, jenius said:

bbts is also great if you get a lemon. Their customer service is top notch.

That has been my experience as well.  :good:

27 minutes ago, Mommar said:

if it’s a lemon Amazon Japan is a spectacular bitch

That has been my experience as well.  :(

15 minutes ago, tekering said:

So, BBTS can't import Macross merchandise because of Harmony Gold's license, but Mospeada merchandise is allowed...?  :huh:

Macross is HG's cash cow so they guard it.... probably much more lenient on the import of Mospeada goods. Toynami even puts Evolution Toy products in their showcases at SDCC so who knows how that all works. 

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

Thanks guys!

Last time on BBTS for me...:wacko:

On the bright side, you can benefit from accumulated reviews and anecdotal experiences from the folks who got theirs already.  I ordered mine from TFSource, so I'm in a similar situation. I'm patient, and just soaking up the info about this release as it comes. I hope mine comes without issue, but it already seems that overly tight joints, too-easily separable wing stabilizers, and a pilot that falls apart with the merest manipulation are to be expected. Thus far, nobody's reporting major stress areas or disintegrating plastic, so materials and build quality appear to be good. Fingers crossed the known issues are the only ones. those are manageable. There's not much to be done for crappy materials. I say this looking at my Toynami Legioss.

1 hour ago, mcfly50 said:

Someone else did. I fixed it. You have to removed the thigh cap careful, unscrew the parts, then it’s a simple rotate and reinsert. Pretty cool so far besides that. 

Good to hear it's an easy fix.

I took a razor blade and gently pried/worked the seem of the thigh cap just below the yellow knee. It pulls down for the top. Work it slowly and it will come off. There is another screw on the inside. Take it out and the two parts come apart. Then spin around the joint probably and reinstall. 

Edited by mcfly50

All credit to Flapjack. If you are on MW too, thank you. 

Fixed it and ended up nicking myself in the process. Lol! The front panel is glued which I had to force it off. The housing of the thigh is secured by 2 screws. Open that up, rotated the leg and placed everything back together again.

Edit: Just to add. The thigh pieces are held together by yellow rectangular piece at the top. So 4 pieces in total including the front panel. You can carefully slide down the inner thigh piece so you don't have to pry the yellow rectangular piece off when dissasembling it.

21C2E510-3841-485A-824B-C95A0EBF24B4.jpeg

AC3B0D74-8696-400A-A8AA-2418BF8877AC.jpeg

4 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

These are Flapjack’s photos from TFW. Same problem as me. 

Wait, the circled one is the wrong one? Both of the hips on mine look like that... Great.

While I'm at it, anyone else have issues with the ankle ball joints being really loose? They're not so bad that they flop around under their own weight, but they definitely don't support any poses. In order for it to stand, at least one of the ankles needs to be at the extreme forward (toe up) end of its range of motion so it can't move anywhere.