Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Geez. Same height as the ride armors and even more expensive. Half the size of a DX VF-1 but more expensive. 
 

I’m interested but I think I’ll have to pass. I will enjoy all of your pictures though!

I understand where you are coming from with that assessment, but judging by size and price alone doesn't do Sentinel's Legioss any justice. I don't have it in hand yet, but just looking at the images it becomes apparent that there is a level of engineered sophistication and intricacies while still retaining a very good aesthetics and proportions of the subject matter. In that respect I would say that Sentinel's offering provides better value for the price even when it is a smaller toy or perhaps because of that.

Sure the DX VF-1 has solid engineering and is also visually appealing, but with its bigger size why did we not get a rotating cockpit and working egress hatch or double jointed knees and forward pivoting arms? Also don't forget that missiles and strike/fast packs have to be acquired separately if you are after the full effect. Retrospectively looking at it that way, it makes the DX a pricey half-hearted attempt by Bandai in contrast to Sentinel's efforts on the Legioss.

1 hour ago, Smacky said:

Amiami order paid for and shipped, so this is what it feels like to get things shipped on release date...no word on my second copy from NY, anybody get payment request yet?

I got a payment request NY already with the 24th being the deadline for payment. Slightly surprised that Amazon Japan has not triggered yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lechuck said:

I understand where you are coming from with that assessment, but judging by size and price alone doesn't do Sentinel's Legioss any justice. I don't have it in hand yet, but just looking at the images it becomes apparent that there is a level of engineered sophistication and intricacies while still retaining a very good aesthetics and proportions of the subject matter. In that respect I would say that Sentinel's offering provides better value for the price even when it is a smaller toy or perhaps because of that.

Sure the DX VF-1 has solid engineering and is also visually appealing, but with its bigger size why did we not get a rotating cockpit and working egress hatch or double jointed knees and forward pivoting arms? Also don't forget that missiles and strike/fast packs have to be acquired separately if you are after the full effect. Retrospectively looking at it that way, it makes the DX a pricey half-hearted attempt by Bandai in contrast to Sentinel's efforts on the Legioss.

I got a payment request NY already with the 24th being the deadline for payment. Slightly surprised that Amazon Japan has not triggered yet.

I was pretty disappointed when I saw how big they were going to be around PO time. But, shortly after I got a Toynami Alpha/Beta and put in on display. It's a MONSTER! Would I like the Legioss to be bigger as a stand alone? Absolutely. Will I be happy it's that small when (using optimism here) they release the Tread? Absolutely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I understand where you are coming from with that assessment, but judging by size and price alone doesn't do Sentinel's Legioss any justice. I don't have it in hand yet, but just looking at the images it becomes apparent that there is a level of engineered sophistication and intricacies while still retaining a very good aesthetics and proportions of the subject matter. In that respect I would say that Sentinel's offering provides better value for the price even when it is a smaller toy or perhaps because of that.

Sure the DX VF-1 has solid engineering and is also visually appealing, but with its bigger size why did we not get a rotating cockpit and working egress hatch or double jointed knees and forward pivoting arms? Also don't forget that missiles and strike/fast packs have to be acquired separately if you are after the full effect. Retrospectively looking at it that way, it makes the DX a pricey half-hearted attempt by Bandai in contrast to Sentinel's efforts on the Legioss.

Perfectly stated. This toy is a step up.

I don't care about scale, and to be quite honest, I think I'd prefer things on the smaller side, for both weight and space considerations. I'm more concerned about getting a quality build with good materials and engineering, thoughtful implementation of features/gimmicks, and good sculpting and deco. I want something that will still be in good shape twenty-thirty  years down the road, even after a decent bit of handling.  I hope this Legioss toy proves to be all those things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Geez. Same height as the ride armors and even more expensive. Half the size of a DX VF-1 but more expensive. 
 

I’m interested but I think I’ll have to pass. I will enjoy all of your pictures though!

All the reasons that I'm saying no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

Perfectly stated. This toy is a step up.

I don't care about scale, and to be quite honest, I think I'd prefer things on the smaller side, for both weight and space considerations. I'm more concerned about getting a quality build with good materials and engineering, thoughtful implementation of features/gimmicks, and good sculpting and deco. I want something that will still be in good shape twenty-thirty  years down the road, even after a decent bit of handling.  I hope this Legioss toy proves to be all those things.

Agree with this sentiment.

So far, the cockpit changes implemented for Armo-Soldier mode is just one example of something no one asked for, it wasn't in the original design, yet intrinsically feels so right, and above & beyond the other great design liberties in this re-interpretation. On the other end, we have had Bandai slapping that gaudy N.E.T.F.C tampo that came out of nowhere on the YF-19 wings.

The anxious wait continues....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is an expensive hobby, everybody knows that.  I can understand saying to rich for my blood, but at the end of the day this appears to be a fantastically engineered model/toy that is scaled perfectly for the "hopefully" forthcoming TREAD.  Anybody who hasn't seen the size of a 1/48 TREAD might be forgiven for saying it's to small, but after you've seen a Toynami Beta (which depending on the reference art is oversized), you understand completely why this LEGIOSS is so small.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well guys, however you want to justify it, to me it’s $250 for a 6 inch toy.

A couple of extra features making a small toy even more delicate and likely to break does not, to me, translate to “worth more than a huge VF-1 toy.”

like I said though, I’m looking forward to pictures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

 I want something that will still be in good shape twenty-thirty  years down the road, even after a decent bit of handling.  I hope this Legioss toy proves to be all those things.

I dont think this is feasible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, easnoddy said:

There's something "off" about it in soldier, but the fighter and diver modes are pretty. I guess this is our first legioss built for fighter which has compromises for soldier.

It's a redesign.  The legs don't tuck underneath the intake pecs like the original design does.  That's not to accommodate fighter mode, that's how the redesign was done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

For some reason my two are showing shipping June 29th from Amazon Japan.

My AJ doesn't have a shipping date, but does have an approximate arrival date of Jul 3 thru 6 which reconciles with that shipping date if shipped via DHL.

Apparently when this thing got announced I was preorder happy. I'd forgotten about orders I have with AmiAmi (shipped last night/this AM via DHL) and Hobby Search (stuck until EMS resumes).

-b.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I PO'ed mine through TFSource, it's still sitting unpaid in my stack, and I've yet to hear anything from them. Did anyone else here order through them, and if so, have you been contacted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That cockpit transition is brilliant.  Such a beautiful figure.

I thought it'd be slightly bigger than it is, in comparison to the Toynami, but , y'know, that's a perfect size.  I'll be able to make room a little easier in my already crowded Detolf. So excited to get this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, enphily said:

comparison with toynami/aoshima by 高田べん@BenTakada

EbCZhYCUwAAc9CO?format=jpg&name=largeEbCZhZCUMAE6y3Q?format=jpg&name=large

It really shows how compact they got the exhaust thrusters/feet for fighter mode.

Same thing for Armo-Soldier mode with the nose cone not coming down so low.

The only other thing I’d like confirmed is if the hips can tilt into an honest to goodness A stance.

If it can pull that off and assuming all the joints are solid, we may finally have a worthy successor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, enphily said:

Someone "combined" new legioss with CM's Tread, looks good. I'm sure 2 or 3 years later we will get good Tread for it too

Ea9g7TJUYAAU8LZ?format=jpg&name=large

Ea-aqJhUwAAnrVc?format=jpg&name=large

There's a hinge joint at the waste. Does that mean it has an "abb crunch" of sorts.

(Sorry if it's been discussed before)

Edited by troyness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Mog said:

It really shows how compact they got the exhaust thrusters/feet for fighter mode.

Same thing for Armo-Soldier mode with the nose cone not coming down so low.

The only other thing I’d like confirmed is if the hips can tilt into an honest to goodness A stance.

If it can pull that off and assuming all the joints are solid, we may finally have a worthy successor.

Is this a good enough A stance? 

Ea-S1D-UcAkzqCx.jpg.3127d35ccdfc5a1a0beb7682020f27eb.jpg

5 minutes ago, troyness said:

There's a hinge joint at the waste. Does that mean it has an "abb crunch" of sorts.

(Sorry if it's been discussed before)

It does indeed have an ab-crunch

Ea-UFt9UEAAPofO.jpg.27d1284e27595f20767ff39e47f8d20e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...