I don't know why but I think I had the larger purple crab when I was a kid. I would get Sera's mech if they made it today. That shouldn't be too difficult.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's going to be so cute. ^_^

mospeada_size-chart-01.gif.11dbf9b1bc16ca83f79bd736d83bc22e.gif

Three meters tall means it would be closer to 6 cm tall at 1/55 scale... Anyway, their Facebook page says 'it is 76mm/~3 inches tall. We scaled them to the Toynami MP Alphas', so... I don't quite know where they got their dimensions from. :unsure:

In other news, I got my Evolution Toys Dark Legioss today. I was shocked by the quality, it's actually quite good! :o So it seems like it's a crapshoot as far as the quality you get goes.

6 hours ago, Tober said:

Three meters tall means it would be closer to 6 cm tall at 1/55 scale... Anyway, their Facebook page says 'it is 76mm/~3 inches tall. We scaled them to the Toynami MP Alphas', so... I don't quite know where they got their dimensions from. :unsure:

In other news, I got my Evolution Toys Dark Legioss today. I was shocked by the quality, it's actually quite good! :o So it seems like it's a crapshoot as far as the quality you get goes.

I don't know if I ever noticed just how close that 2m line is to the 3m before... 

Or how off the riders are, relative to the 2m, from the heights that I always pictured them in my head, with the boots and leg extensions.

mospeada_size-chart-01.gif.11dbf9b1bc16ca83f79bd736d83bc22e.gif.11bf4f116c0a7315b1d415936263d3e7.gif

Don't know where you found that drawing, RavenHawk, but it's obviously wrong just at a glance:

1958897995_correctedmeasurements.jpg.a6ceecd7635ae5a637eb76f5f3f5d8c6.jpg

If the lines were actually equidistant, than the line labeled "2 meters" is off by at least 20cm, the line labeled "3 meters" is off by 70cm, and the line labeled "5 meters" is off by more than 60cm...  :blink:

Whoever made that obviously can't even use a ruler.  <_<

1 minute ago, tekering said:

Don't know where you found that drawing, RavenHawk, but it's obviously wrong just at a glance:

If the lines were actually equidistant, than the line labeled "2 meters" is off by at least 20cm, the line labeled "3 meters" is off by 70cm, and the line labeled "5 meters" is off by more than 60cm...  :blink:

That drawing was from no3Ljm's post earlier, so not sure where it originally came from. I do feel like I've seen it multiple times before, including in some of the books on my shelf... just too lazy to look now.

As to the lines being way off... I agree with you, and that's why I posted my comment. Just something I honestly never really paid attention to, up until I saw that post today.

As for scaling of figures, to me it just really matters how I put them on my shelf, and that's based on the size of the human that I picture being inside the armor/vehicle/mech.

30 minutes ago, tekering said:

No, no, no, what you're failing to understand is that all those drawings are done at various depths! 

2 hours ago, tekering said:

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

That drawing was from no3Ljm's post earlier, so not sure where it originally came from. I do feel like I've seen it multiple times before, including in some of the books on my shelf... just too lazy to look now.

As to the lines being way off... I agree with you, and that's why I posted my comment. Just something I honestly never really paid attention to, up until I saw that post today.

As for scaling of figures, to me it just really matters how I put them on my shelf, and that's based on the size of the human that I picture being inside the armor/vehicle/mech.

I got the scale comparison from GearsOnline.net. Also, I stumbled this image from 2009 post in the Mospeada Line Art thread. A page from Hobby Japan June 2007 issue. Showing on the bottom right corner is one of the scale comparison posted in GearsOnline. Not sure about the actual or official numbers for sizes, but based on the lineart it's the same as the one I posted comments ago.

With the actual toys we're getting nowadays showing different scales in each form, for me as long that it will look decent, size wise, with one another, then it's all good.

I have to check next time the Mospeada Complete Art Works mook for it.

size-chart-01.gif.153363f50f05019161446f52b023f615.gif

size-chart-02.gif.52d7c4f9dd4f0e2e44ee28e446b8f414.gif

mospeada_chart.jpg.a2e08fd13a564063f65a2000a8cf3907.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I don't know if I ever noticed just how close that 2m line is to the 3m before... 

Or how off the riders are, relative to the 2m, from the heights that I always pictured them in my head, with the boots and leg extensions.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Oh Mospeada... your interpretation of size is so fascinating.

Probably it's because we always remember that iconic scene from first episode where Stick (Stig for some) fights a group of crabs (Grob for some). ;)

mospeada_rider_crab_01.JPG.45b2300788602007fc303694f6e6022a.JPG

mospeada_rider_crab_02.JPG.2f8143c79cce1860d896236720cab728.JPG

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, tekering said:

In fairness, it's the same deal with most Anime series of that era: pretty much everything was drawn freehand, quick, and just good enough to look right if you don't scrutinize the details. That's also part of what makes it a bit of a clusterfrack to convert line-art into 3D form: numerical values don't correspond to visuals, and the visuals often contradict each other. Converting Anime magic into something tangible really is  black art that few can perform gracefully.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

size-chart-02.gif.52d7c4f9dd4f0e2e44ee28e446b8f414.gif

So, if we assume that feet, angles, perspective, etc., aren't the point of this, but the line showing where the top of any given character is what matters for showing relative heights (at least that was the point many many many years ago in my drafting days)...

This suggests that the cute little baby crab is barely taller than the Enforcer (embarassingly brain-fried on the correct names at the moment) or the armored-up rider... maybe a quarter meter at most... likely more like 6" (yay, I'm mixing units).

Definitely not how I always pictured them, despite having looked at these drawings for year.

I think at this point, the Legioss is not coming out this year. Which I am OK with, end of the year is going to break me with SOC's, a Hot Toys preorder, Blowsupirior (we know this will be delayed from it's August release) and 2 DX Chogokin Valks.

Better for me financially if the Legioss is an early 2020 release. :)

3 hours ago, Atomski said:

I think at this point, the Legioss is not coming out this year. Which I am OK with, end of the year is going to break me with SOC's, a Hot Toys preorder, Blowsupirior (we know this will be delayed from it's August release) and 2 DX Chogokin Valks.

Better for me financially if the Legioss is an early 2020 release. :)

I don’t mind the wait even if it’s next year as long that it’s going to be made and not turn into a vaporware. ^_^

On 2/17/2012 at 12:07 AM, spedfish said:

Man, That Gosu is the bomb, not sure if I dig the metallic paint scheme tho. I'd love to have some enemy mecha figures or models.

Seeing those pics of the SD Macross battroids on the front page, makes me wish somebody would make some SD Mospeada mechs and Inbits.

Took a few pics of some of my Mospeada stuff. I've got some other stuff, so limited on room tho. I got these cases from Ikea and put in some led strips, I've got 2 more cases to build, then I could put a few more things out.

post-5904-0-18748700-1329454513_thumb.jpg

post-5904-0-87303700-1329454626_thumb.jpg

post-5904-0-41828400-1329454691_thumb.jpg

I hate to ask on an old post, but where did the Bartley come from? Scale? Thanks...Need this in my life.

Sure, I've built enough of these to recognize it at a glance:

mospeada-vr-052ft-transformable-aoshima-

Originally produced by Imai, and recently re-released by Aoshima.  

The front tire tread is a dead giveaway.  8)

Yeah it’s much more than just the attachments on either side of the front wheel. All versions have slightly different front fairing cowls and headlamps.  Especially the VR-038L. It has a lot more curves to the main body and such to give it I guess the feminine look since we only see females riding it. 

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Sure, I've built enough of these to recognize it at a glance:

mospeada-vr-052ft-transformable-aoshima-

Originally produced by Imai, and recently re-released by Aoshima.  

The front tire tread is a dead giveaway.  8)

heeey, could you give some info on those king of fighters and street fighters figures? I've never seen those before!