11 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Oh don't know about Matchbox being super available. Have a gaggle of Both and happy to sacrifice a few for 1/12 Scouts.

Didn't know about the Breetai though. Only recall the one a few years back custom made.

Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

In my personal experience, kit bashing makes sense if there is a specific part that you are looking to use on something different, or if there is a frame that you are going to remove parts from and replace with your own parts. In the case of the Matchbox Invid, it's pretty much all shell pieces that are screwed together. Since it looks like you're talking about replacing something like 3/4 of the shell pieces, I suspect it makes more sense just to do a new one from scratch.

Something like a Kotobukiya frame with custom parts attached to it might be a good starting point.

7 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Utilising either the Matchbox Scout ( wrong design anyway) or Shocktrooper as the base body to convert into a close to accurate 1/12 Inbit Scout?

46427681_274569186567897_1146753554205446052_n.jpg

6 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Huh, removing the blasters would get this Gurab really close to an Eager.

With all due respect, I don't think either of you remember what an Invid Eager looks like:

Iigaa-Invid-Scout-Light-Aerospace-Mecha-

Basically, nothing whatsoever like any Matchbox toy.  <_<

2 hours ago, tekering said:

With all due respect, I don't think either of you remember what an Invid Eager looks like:

Iigaa-Invid-Scout-Light-Aerospace-Mecha-

Basically, nothing whatsoever like any Matchbox toy.  <_<

Oh I know this is the correct image.

As I stated the Matchbox Scout looks nothing like this. However for decades we have used it as the Inbit Eager with our 1/18 lines.

7 hours ago, teckno viking said:

As I stated the Matchbox Scout looks nothing like this. However for decades we have used it as the Inbit Eager with our 1/18 lines.

^ this is what I was referring to.  My matchbox scouts are really just smaller molds of the same trooper carapice without the attatchment slots for the shooters.  True, they are not anime accurate.

As a kid I wanted Robotech New Gen mecha...mainly Invids more than anything! Gakken had the Alpha's covered!  I got (and still have) two purples and a pink.  I always wanted Matchbox to do the Enforcer and the Royal Command Battaloid (Corg's). Imagine how cool and huge those would have been in 80's toy form! :D

33 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

As a kid I wanted Robotech New Gen mecha...mainly Invids more than anything! Gakken had the Alpha's covered!  I got (and still have) two purples and a pink.  I always wanted Matchbox to do the Enforcer and the Royal Command Battaloid (Corg's). Imagine how cool and huge those would have been in 80's toy form! :D

Enforcers would be another perfect 1/12 option as only a wee bigger than the Sentinels for that 7ft look.

2 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Enforcers would be another perfect 1/12 option as only a wee bigger than the Sentinels for that 7ft look.

I think you meant the soldiers. Weren't the Enforcers big ones, same as the Inbit Garmo/Gamo?

I think that Sentinel is using the same basic figure design as 1000Toys does for all of their 1/12 stuff (if someone knows otherwise, please correct me). Considering the variants that have been put out, modifying that basic design to fit Blame!, Biomega, G.I. Joe, and assorted Kamen Rider-style characters, it doesn't seem like a stretch to use it for a few different color variants of the soldiers/Protect Inbit, too. It just depends if they believe there's a market to justify the new add-on pieces.

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I think you meant the soldiers. Weren't the Enforcers big ones, same as the Inbit Garmo/Gamo?

Actually, it depends on who you ask...  :huh:

https://www.kent.net/robotech/mecha/invid/enforcer.shtml

https://robotech.fandom.com/wiki/Invid_Enforcer

http://digitsweb.com/UG/RPG/Palladium/Robotech/invid/igna/mecha/ie.html

I think we'd better just stick to Japanese nomenclature.  This is known as the Invid Malar:

Mular-02.jpg

And yes, now that Sentinel has produced two fantastic 1:12 Mospeada figures -- and will be producing at least two more -- I'm sure it's the perfect time for a new Moscato resin kit (since the Southern Cross projects are indefinitely on hold).

12 hours ago, captain america said:

I tried offering that a few years ago. Response was meh. Maybe with the Sentinel figures out now, people would be more receptive.

Now would be the best time Cap I would have thought.

15 hours ago, tekering said:

They can't even keep their own names straight...

I stand corrected, and apologize for my (good-natured, really) correction.

7 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up at Wonder Festival for Mospeada in a few weeks. I hope some company is working on civilian clothing figures for the team too.

Yes. I'm hoping for a civvie figures too. Coz it's hard to plan and make a custom one. It's so time consuming. That's why I'm waiting patiently. ^_^

7 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up at Wonder Festival for Mospeada in a few weeks. I hope some company is working on civilian clothing figures for the team too.

I saw this on Failbook earlier. Scale unknown.

50950889_1996592427055457_1329510008399855616_o.jpg.4d76c8df975202687db51daf28eafd76.jpg

...There's also this 

Which I guarantee will be better  from both a scuplting and casting perspective. I remember just a few years ago some people came to me with Wonderfest kits they paid through the nose to get, and the castings looked like stuff that should have gone in the trash... But magic Wonderfest sticker, so totally worth it.

Hello! I've tried searching the entire thread and searched for similar images via google but couldn't confirm that way: I'm searching for more info on the MOSPEADA VR-052F on this photo. It didn't look like the Gakken 1/8. Can someone please confirm if it's one of the Imai/Aoshima model kits and if so, which particular scale. I can't read the Japanese text either and perhaps a translation would help narrow it down. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.

i-img900x1200-1549010287ra0nkm208597.thumb.jpg.23cb653eb69bd03a31b27ad1819bd787.jpg

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

Hi there!

Any news aboust VR-041H riobot?

Attached my work in abs 3d print and airbrush tamiya paint.

Regards!

20190127_222156.jpg

20190205_080919.jpg

We may see something this weekend at Wonder Fest.

So keep your eyes peeled here and on the forum for Any News would be my suggestion.

Also looking good with the Rocket launcher

Edited by teckno viking

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

Hi there!

Any news aboust VR-041H riobot?

Attached my work in abs 3d print and airbrush tamiya paint.

Regards!

20190127_222156.jpg

20190205_080919.jpg

Nice work @Perxion! :good:

And yeah, this weekend is Winter WonderFest in Japan so let's hope we're going to see something cool. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm