That echoes what I heard back from Sentinel, they tried to adjust the tolerances on the ball joints to make them a little more snug, specifically mentioning the neck and foot flaps but also "other parts" which is probably the shoulder armors.  It also sounds like we'll get to see a Legioss 2.0 at the next Wonderfest if all goes well...

1 minute ago, jenius said:

That echoes what I heard back from Sentinel, they tried to adjust the tolerances on the ball joints to make them a little more snug, specifically mentioning the neck and foot flaps but also "other parts" which is probably the shoulder armors.  It also sounds like we'll get to see a Legioss 2.0 at the next Wonderfest if all goes well...

Sadly, I already have 2 of each of the original release, so I'll just have to enjoy the improved design on Yellow and Houquet.

9 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Here's Rook prototype courtesy of Knerdout.

20181217_164446.jpg

Thanks! First time I've seen it. 

Comparatively little change compared to the other Sentinel Ride Armors, which is fine with me. It even appears to be missing the perforated wheel guard . The cloth works against the slim figure imo though.

I got psyched for a sec but yeah that’s the Beagle/Masterpiece Proto that I believe is currently in the hands of a collector somewhere. Such a shame we never got it but thank you Sentinel for this renewed Mospeada line. I still say the Riobot Mospeadas are one of the bestest purchases I made this year.  2018 was a great year for Macross/ Robotech releases and future release announcements. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

My hopes for the Houquet figure (besides the obvious, you know, that we actually get one) are reinforced by seeing the old Beagle prototype again: I hope that we get something genuinely new.

I know that a lot of folks want to see a lot of the classic MOSPEADA design but, to me, this Sentinel line is something unique. If they want to do a classic looking line later, awesome, please do! But, for this current line, I like the reimagined look and I'd love them to go as far as they can (within what they can afford, having to reuse molds) towards a very new and updated look. Preferably more to it than just some of the new line's parts from the first figures, and the rest is old/classic Houquet.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm also digging the redesigned Ride Armors by Aramaki. The only thing I didn't like is how farther they designed the foot rest.

I have mixed feelings on it. I get why they did it, design-wise and Aramaki-redesign-wise. It also makes for a decent look with the figure on it. However, from a motorcycling point of view, it doesn't make sense considering the terrain these bikes would be designed to be able to ride on.

Overall, I am extremely happy with these toys, and am really glad that they exist. I intend on grabbing every one they put out, including any variants they might do later to capitalize on their molds. That said, from a minor gripe approach, I think the bikes should be a bit bigger relative to the figures, and that might also have helped with foot peg placement.

On 12/13/2018 at 8:53 AM, jenius said:

What a pity! I already owned the first release 2 bikes.  I wonder if I should buy a second release version and sell the old one. The scrath in the belly is a big issue for me. 

58 minutes ago, Masked Aviator said:

What a pity! I already owned the first release 2 bikes.  I wonder if I should buy a second release version and sell the old one. The scrath in the belly is a big issue for me. 

Have both! Keep the older release in bike mode, newer release in armor mode. Everyone wins!

Is there a trick in getting the peg on the main folding hinge back into place when transforming back into bike mode? I got it back into bike mode but the peg that was very securely in place on the collapsing metal arm is not locked into place.

Chris

5 hours ago, Masked Aviator said:

I hope so if my wallet allows me to do that! Every bike in two modes !

I got to of each from the original release, precisely to a) keep one in each mode, and b) to do my part to keep the line going and hopefully get a full set.

I just wish that when they did re-releases they added in some new accessories or something. Actually, I take that back. If they did, I wouldn't be able to hold back and I'd get two each of the new ones too. As it stands, I can't justify getting the new releases just for the minor improvements (and my bank account is probably happier for it).

20181222_192520.thumb.jpg.8c57469f75b531efe84fc7aade645c37.jpg

16 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I got to of each from the original release, precisely to a) keep one in each mode, and b) to do my part to keep the line going and hopefully get a full set.

I just wish that when they did re-releases they added in some new accessories or something. Actually, I take that back. If they did, I wouldn't be able to hold back and I'd get two each of the new ones too. As it stands, I can't justify getting the new releases just for the minor improvements (and my bank account is probably happier for it).

20181222_192520.thumb.jpg.8c57469f75b531efe84fc7aade645c37.jpg

I hardly believe someone would buy 4 of them! You're a die-hard fan of mospeada! My initial idea of buying both Stick and Ray was that I can display one of them in bike mode and the other in armour mode, since two of them are very similar. Actually what bring me the idea of buying a second release one is that I want to add some "Gundam-use"(or something like that) photo-etched sheet to enrich the bike's detail, such as in the engine area. Do you guys think it will be good looking?

I scrath off some paint in belly after the first transformation, and then I don't transform it again. Fortunately I pre-ordered it from official Sentinel store in Hong Kong and they provide 6-month mantainence service. They change a new belly (and other defective) part for me. I am very happy with it. If the second version improve this problem it would be great, otherwise I need to put something between the belly and the metal hinge to avoid contact.

snap2607.jpg

snap2608.jpg

snap2610.jpg

snap2611.jpg

Edited by Masked Aviator

On 12/24/2018 at 1:38 AM, Masked Aviator said:

I hardly believe someone would buy 4 of them! You're a die-hard fan of mospeada!

Aren't we all?  ^_^

937313154_thesentinelfour.thumb.jpg.601ec34a6e88566f0649d8f0c133a1cf.jpg

On 12/24/2018 at 1:38 AM, Masked Aviator said:

I want to add some "Gundam-use"(or something like that) photo-etched sheet to enrich the bike's detail, such as in the engine area.

Funny, Ray had the same idea.  ;)

1817166033_Raysupgrades.thumb.jpg.d0b932832522759f34e71eb5a5aad8d3.jpg

16 minutes ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Points of failure or fatigue stress points are the handle bars. Noticeable stress marks after using the wrong pair of hands for rider in bike mode. IMO they should've used diecast for the handle bars. The peg hole on the rider's boot armor to accept the ball joint from the leg armor plates; the leg peg holes are not glued fully so they can slide off from the boot when the thigh leg armor plates begin to twist and turn. Luckily there is a slot to reattach the peg hole piece back onto the boot. The suspension struts are a bit snug but after a couple of adjustments you can pose the arms without them popping out. Other than that it's a novel approach to transforming the bike onto the rider. Here's hoping they release the Fuke version with feedback from customer suggestions and complaints. Diecast handle bars guys!

Agreed on the handlebars, not much flex in the plastic and way too thin. Softer flexible plastic or rigid diecast could work. 

8 hours ago, Masked Aviator said:

You are in japan and you get the same Chinese brand photo-etched sheet as mine. Funny! :good:

Off-topic observation, downvote at will:

The fact that aliexpress and taobao now exist and that there are small toy design outfits cropping up like Kitz Concept, Captain America, and MAAS toys gives me a strange kind of hope.  Like we are headed into a golden age of niche toy production where even things as obscure as Southern Cross are finally getting their due.  

Production is now almost always not being done in Japan and those shops have an online presence and no embargo can prevent us from getting our mitts on the stuff we've always craved.

Now if only Evolution or someone (Bandai please!) would release some 1/6th Mospeada character figs with articulation... 

Edited by Mazinger

On 12/27/2018 at 12:56 AM, Mazinger said:

The fact that aliexpress and taobao now exist and that ...

Off-topic again. You switch your location to U.S. ? You're not really in Japan? Wherever. I rarely know Japanese would buy things from Aliexpress or Taobao. Also, Japanese got there own photo-etched sheet brand "Steel Soul 鋼魂".  

Please upload your pics after you get the bike's modification done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 12:34 AM, Decepticharger said:

Hi, great forum here!  I've been reading through most of the recent posts (~ last 6 months).  I just ordered my Stick and Ray from amiami.  Someone mentioned a rerelease and potential fixes to the original.  When I receive my figures, is there a way to tell if they are early or rerelease versions?

Welcome! The best way to tell is when you take it out of the box the shoulder armor and ankle guards will constantly pop off. They fixed the tolerances in the second run so that's less likely. 

As I wait for new MOSPEADA (and Megazone) products, I've been slowly looking around at deals on old items to fill out the collection.

I'd just like to say "thank you" to the few folks who still post items on eBay without looking online to see what they are.

I just picked up this sweet "Matchbox motorcycle", and it even came with a "Bandai metal car".

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dcf27de46187dc61cfcd4dbea546e3db.jpg

Perfect condition? Not at all... but for a whopping $5.50 (plus $3.50 shipping), I'll take it.