I was hoping we would see something of Lancer at the end of this month. If not a hint of Rook. Same goes for someone making figures of them in their normal unarmored outfits. Perhaps a prototype of that Figma will be ready.

I was thinking about getting one of the old Mospeada soundtracks for the Yellow Dancer cover but I didn't like the artwork enough. I was never crazy about that artist's style that everyone seems to love from the Final Fantasy games.

1 minute ago, JetJockey said:

I was thinking about getting one of the old Mospeada soundtracks for the Yellow Dancer cover but I didn't like the artwork enough. I was never crazy about that artist's style that everyone seems to love from the Final Fantasy games.

Because the original character design for Mospeada was done by Master Yoshitaka Amano. You know, the same guy who does the character designs for Final Fantasy. ;)

30 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Because the original character design for Mospeada was done by Master Yoshitaka Amano. You know, the same guy who does the character designs for Final Fantasy. ;)

I know. I had a chance to get his limited books once at a good price but passed. I think my favorite artwork from him is a poster or page from the first Final Fantasy game. I still have that.

thank you kindly :D

Also, has anyone figured out yet if its tamiya clear blue AND clear smoke on the visor after cleaning it with alcohol to get the visor looking better...

DbsmJr3UQAANvsi.thumb.jpg.6ca4de777b460087be52befad53d10d6.jpg.499234b2e5de0f0e260acc39efaeeafd.jpg

2 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

thank you kindly :D

Also, has anyone figured out yet if its tamiya clear blue AND clear smoke on the visor after cleaning it with alcohol to get the visor looking better...

Yes, you apply a LIGHT layer of Tamiya Smoke (X-19) to the OUTSIDE of the visor, let it dry, then add the clear blue.  

Dont go too heavy on the smoke, or the visor will get so tinted that you won’t be able to see anything through it.

Also, if you’ve ever brush painted toys before, realize that the Tamiya clears are a royal PAIN to apply with a brush.  

If you must use a brush, use a tapping/dabbing method to apply the clears.  The usual painting methods will just result in a horrible, streaky mess. 

Good luck!

Edited by Mog

^^The HUD lines are etched on the inside.  I suspect if you paint on the inside, those lines will still show up.  

I also suspect that unless you wipe the silver paint off completely, you may still have some silver paint buried deep within the visor lines, making the whole exercise of painting it from the inside moot.

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yep, I'm hopefully there have been some minor tweaks to improve the experience. I shipped mine SAL which works out since i'm also heading on vacation to SDCC :).

Sweet. Any chance of seeing Sentinel there?

Two more weeks until Summer Wonderfest in Japan. They might have something to show, but I'm not counting on it.

Yes, I have a friend at Sentinel who will be at SDCC, I'm trying to arrange beers with him. My impression though is that they're all about Stick and Ray and other lines at the moment so I don't foresee them making any exciting announcements until Winter. 

^^Please let it be Yellow.

Please let it be Yellow.

Please let it be Yellow. :D

I know:  probably a snowball’s chance in hell of anything being revealed.  

But nothing wrong in hoping.

They've already teased Yellow's Blowsperior on Rey's box, and the line is doing well enough for a second release of both MOSPEADAs, so I think it's just a question of time. And Winter Wonderfest seems to be the bigger event. B))

Hopefully it's enough encouragement for Freeing and Figma to move ahead with their teases too... :unsure:

^ Correction:  They're $100 toys retailing for nearly $300, based on the quality of the engineering, the materials, the manufacturing, and the QC. ^_^ The MSRP may not be arbitrary given licensing, limited production, and the niche nature of the product, but that still does not make them worth what they are charging.  It's kind of sad in a way because the toys do look aesthetically well balanced, but in reality fall far short of their promise and reek of compromises and shortcuts.:(

I work designing plastic parts (housings and components) to be injection molded so seeing things like that cracked screw boss really tick me off; if ET can't be bothered to use better quality plastics, the least they should've done is rework the mold tool(s) to increase the thickness of the bosses so they don't crack under the strain of the screw intended to go in them... a minor 15% boost in beefiness would yield a failure incidence reduction of better than 50%, perhaps even eliminating it entirely, with minimal impact on the outer surface finish, specially with the base of the bosses being on the inside of the bottom facing surfaces in all 3 modes, making any sink marks negligible and locations hidden from view most of the time.

13 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Looks like they're taking advantage of the thin rectangular slots on either side of the bike's rear end, just above the exhaust pipes, to insert the mounting bars for the side bags.

It's very possible that the slots were designed for that originally, and went unused from the factory. The Imai kit saddle-bags fit rather well without the rider on, but I wonder why they didn't take any pics with the rider on the bike?  I figured I'll restyle the boxes slightly and make them a bit more user-friendly.