About 13 years ago, my wife said I needed to start a hobby. She said I had too much time on my hands and that she could see I was bored. I remember seeing the toynami masterpiece planes and started there. Since then I have spent almost $10,000 on mospeada, southern cross, macross, and robotech items. These range from transforming mecha, static ones, books, comics, etc. (Not to mention the additional $700 I have committed for sentinel and evolution toys legioss fighter).  I only collect one of an item, unless I like the variation in color schemes. My wife sometimes says, maybe I shouldn’t have encouraged you to start a hobby, and other times she just shakes her head and laughs when something arrives.  

Is she ok with my hobby? I think my wife and kids who are in their late teens early 20’s just think I’m weird. I have been concerned she might not laugh when I bought a few higher dollar items, but so far good, I guess I got lucky with her. ;)

42 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

My gf has no hobbies at all, except for running, working out, and shopping (don't tell her I said that last part).

She has accepted that I'm a dork when it comes to transforming bikes. She likes her expensive purses and handbags, and I like my bikes (i'm not stereotyping; that's pretty much literally the two purchasing habits that we have that are basically a "I'm doing this just for me, with no identifiable benefit to family or career").

That, plus she thinks the BGC bikes and characters (and Priss in particular) look cool, and loves going on actual motorcycle rides together, so, by extension, my hobby is more acceptable.

31 minutes ago, woll622 said:

About 13 years ago, my wife said I needed to start a hobby. She said I had too much time on my hands and that she could see I was bored. I remember seeing the toynami masterpiece planes and started there. Since then I have spent almost $10,000 on mospeada, southern cross, macross, and robotech items. These range from transforming mecha, static ones, books, comics, etc. (Not to mention the additional $700 I have committed for sentinel and evolution toys legioss fighter).  I only collect one of an item, unless I like the variation in color schemes. My wife sometimes says, maybe I shouldn’t have encouraged you to start a hobby, and other times she just shakes her head and laughs when something arrives.  

Is she ok with my hobby? I think my wife and kids who are in their late teens early 20’s just think I’m weird. I have been concerned she might not laugh when I bought a few higher dollar items, but so far good, I guess I got lucky with her. ;)

Good information from the both of you. I didn't personally want this on my part to turn into a rant because its not I was just curious on how others live. My wife loves her purses and coffee. Last Christmas I bought her a nice professional grade espresso machine. Guess what? Hardly used lol. It just sits there. I can't complain because my figures just literally stand there too. We all have to do what makes us happy. I guess in a way maybe we like getting that death stare or snickers from our wives/loved ones. Maybe its that subconscious acceptance we need? Almost like collecting is taboo therefore we love it more?

5 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

I don't get it. I don't drink, smoke, I dont go to the club or party. I spend most of my time if not all at home hanging with my kids and pets and working on the house + working out. I coach my kids sports teams. I think its a jealousy issue that for one we are spending time with our toys and most importantly big money is spent, but not on them.

My wife doesn't object to me spending time with my toys, nor does she have a problem with the money I spend on them...

She has a big problem with the amount of space they take up, however.  :angry:

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.90ede0a8282ad58df4a5a0ea0e79bfab.jpg

1 hour ago, OzmaLee74 said:

I can’t find it 

I bought one but there were 2 more. They sold out already...

https://m.ebay.com/orderDetails?itemId=273202624059&txnId=1988453004017

theyre still available on their webpage though. But if they decide to relist on Ebay I'd advise you do that. It'll be cheaper after Yen plus shipping and also Amiami ships via DHL for their Ebay auctions. I usually get the stuff I buy from them off Ebay 4-5 days after I buy it. 

Also as of this morning Stick and Ray are both in stock at Nippon Yasan but the Stick has a HEFTY markup and Ray is high as well. I don't like this trend I've been seeing with NY on very recently released but hot items. Not cool. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

3 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Heads up Ray is back in stock at Amiami. And at their original price. Limit 1. 

Thanks for the headsup. Ordered one since there's no news on the extra order I have with HLJ. And it was already categorized as Discontinued so there's a chance that they won't be able to give me one.

Hey @davidwhangchoi. How's your extra order at HLJ?

Has anyone spoken to someone at BBTS regarding when they're expecting their shipments?

Yes, I know that BBTS always gets their stuff later.

However, Stig has been out for close to a month now, Rai has been out for about a week... I would think that shipments to BBTS would get sent out from the manufacturer around the same time as shipments to other retailers, but they'd just be stuck at customs for a few weeks.

I guess we have around a week left until we hit a full month delay, but I'm definitely getting curious.

Thanks @SuperDimensionalDave! I wanted to go the eBay route because I have some eBay bucks/codes and it looks like the shipped price is going to lower than what I’ll be paying going directly through their website. For example, I recently bought the ET Mechander Robo through their website and paid $370 shipped EMS while on their eBay store the same toy is $341 shipped and you mentioned DHL which in my case is faster than EMS! I think I’ll checking their eBay site more frequently from now on.

@no3Ljm

you may want to forget about HLJ. This is what I got from them after I inquired about my order and why I haven’t been charged yet. Had to find another source for it. 

From HLJ

Dawson Matterson (HobbyLink Japan)
May 9, 12:26 JST

Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing.

I'm very sorry, but we received far fewer of the item than we ordered and stock unfortunately ran out before your order and the orders of other customers could be filled.

We have stopped accepting new orders for it, but are keeping your order on file as we try to get more stock to fill it. In addition, more may become available if any of the orders currently in payment processing become cancelled for non-payment.

If we are not able to get any more, our order department will e-mail you to let you know.

We hope to have the answer for you soon. In the meantime, though, if you have another source for this item, you might want to pursue it.

We appreciate your business with us!

Best regards,

Dawson Matterson
Customer Service
HobbyLink Japan
www.hlj.com

23 hours ago, woll622 said:

I'd honestly hope within 13 years she would have had a conversation with you if she felt it was a problem! ha.

It's pretty cool that she interacts with you and jokes around about it, though. On a personal level, the Mrs. really hated it for a while when we first moved in because it started to take up so much space that I **had** to take one of the rooms for my collection in the two bedroom apartment we were in but once we moved to a house and I had my mancave, she got her craft room/office, etc. etc. things were smooth sailing from then on out and the general reception even when I show her new things that have come in were night and day. Hell, she even started asking about what they were, what cartoons they were from, etc. etc.. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, my Ray is in Korea now doing whatever packages do in Korea... it's slated to come next Monday which is "fine" but really odd considering the "FlameToys Drift" I also ordered from Sentinel direct using the same shipping method (They only offer FedEx International Economy) came literally overnight with a totally different tracking route. I'm trying to take into account that it may just have been put on a plane that needed to stop elsewhere and pick something up but if shipping is this inconsistent with them it may be my last non-exclusive order from them. The $51 shipping would've easily paid for DHL from AmiAmi or HLJ and gotten here either overnight or 2nd business day on top of having shipped earlier.

/rant.

1 hour ago, OzmaLee74 said:

@no3Ljm

you may want to forget about HLJ. This is what I got from them after I inquired about my order and why I haven’t been charged yet. Had to find another source for it. 

Thanks for the update, OzmaLee74. I'm just going to wait for AmiAmi to send me the payment request before I cancel the one I have with HLJ. ;) 

I'm glad Amiami got at least a few Rays back in. I preordered two Sticks many moons ago but I figured I'd wait until I had him in hand and gauged the quality before I'd order Ray. I didn't count on them releasing them like 3 weeks apart and both selling out so quickly.  Was afraid Stick would be a lonely soldier boy. Lol

Ofcourse, the moment I placed my order at AmiAmi, HLJ decided to push thru my extra order and freely put it in my Private Warehouse. So now I have to email AmiAmi 'nicely' to cancel my Ley order.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:58 PM, RED WOLF said:

I'd love to hear from the female collectors on here or the guys that actually have their wives/gf's support their hobbies. 

My wife is totally supportive and has talked me out of selling off my collection a couple of times. She likes having a couple of Detolf displays in our living room; it gives visitors something fun to look at.

She's let me know that she's keeping half of the toys if we ever split up, starting with all the Millia valkyries.

Just got mine in and after three hours with it....it’s cool. Like really cool to look at it. Glad it came with many ball joint parts because the right shoulder armor came off so much during the transformation. 

Someone mentioned it’s fiddly as hell and I couldn’t agree more but overall a solid piece when together. With price included I’d say it’s a 3.5/5 

Update on my 1/12 Wolfe SMG.

Now has barrel. Removable silencer/barrel, removable 18rd mag and removable 36 Rd mag.

Still have to make a removable stock and then tidy up.

Getting there.

20180510_095614-1.jpg

20180510_095632-1.jpg

20180510_095710-1.jpg

20180510_095733-1.jpg

20180510_095817-1.jpg

17 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Thanks @SuperDimensionalDave! I wanted to go the eBay route because I have some eBay bucks/codes and it looks like the shipped price is going to lower than what I’ll be paying going directly through their website. For example, I recently bought the ET Mechander Robo through their website and paid $370 shipped EMS while on their eBay store the same toy is $341 shipped and you mentioned DHL which in my case is faster than EMS! I think I’ll checking their eBay site more frequently from now on

Yeah so buying from Amiami via eBay is def the way to go when an option. I bought the Ray yesterday and I just got a text from DHL this morning that delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. I wish I had not placed the order for the first Ray on Ami's webpage just a few minutes earlier before checking their eBay auctions. I haven't even gotten a payment request for that one yet. I could request a cancellation but meh whatever.