Copying and pasting what I wrote on another board:

"New

"So... got this thing transformed tonight. Honestly, the transformation itself is really quick and more straightforward than the instructions seem. The problem comes when you actually have it together because sooooo much keeps falling apart. the "pistons" in particular are two tight so the forearm blasters and hip armor come apart when trying to move the arms and legs at ALL. For lack of a better term, trying to play with this thing in armored mode in any way, shape or form, is a horrible experience and this is honestly one of the most fiddly, q.c.-ridden pieces I've messed with in some time. It's a shame that it came from my favorite company."

38 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

Copying and pasting what I wrote on another board:

"New

"So... got this thing transformed tonight. Honestly, the transformation itself is really quick and more straightforward than the instructions seem. The problem comes when you actually have it together because sooooo much keeps falling apart. the "pistons" in particular are two tight so the forearm blasters and hip armor come apart when trying to move the arms and legs at ALL. For lack of a better term, trying to play with this thing in armored mode in any way, shape or form, is a horrible experience and this is honestly one of the most fiddly, q.c.-ridden pieces I've messed with in some time. It's a shame that it came from my favorite company."

QC?

2 hours ago, locidm said:

I look forward to Cap’s creation!

got mine and here’s a quick pic with the (grasp) Toynami and ET Legioss. 

aVVfwwFh.jpg

This guy looks really good! Lots of falling bits. I’ve only put him on the bike so far and I’ve already managed to twist of his head, his top torso, his shoulder pad, and his ankle guard multiple times. Looks really good though. 

Hey locidm. Since you have it now, how can you compare the quality of the Sentinel's against the Beagle/Toynami one? 

Also, out of curiosity, does your Toynami one have some areas that got yellowed over time? Thanks.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey locidm. Since you have it now, how can you compare the quality of the Sentinel's against the Beagle/Toynami one? 

Also, out of curiosity, does your Toynami one have some areas that got yellowed over time? Thanks.

I haven’t spent enough time with the Sentinel to give a through opinion.

The stig figure while poseable does have many things popping off and the Toynami feels sturdier and more fun to handle in comparison (until the cloth start flaking anyways). The cloth seems ok so far on the Sentinel. Obviously no screw hole covering half the neck on the Sentinel. I actually prefer sentinel’s head sculpt in the helmet than Toynamis. 

I like that the Sentinel bike has a lot of tiny details and paint that makes it look less plain than the Toynami. The bike main body so far holds together well but the side canons are easy to pop off. I like that there are diecast in bars and brackets distributed in different areas so it has a little bit of weight to it.  The back of the seat collapses easier than the Toynami one does. The wind shield stays in place well compared to the floppy Toynami windshield. The front body of the bike below the windshield holds together well unlike the Toynami. I like the Sentinel color scheme better. I haven’t noticed yellowing on my Toynami but haven’t looked too closely either  

I haven’t transformed the Toynami in years but remember it not being a pleasant experience. I expect Sentinel to be about the same. Hopefully tomorrow! 

Edited by locidm

11 minutes ago, locidm said:

I haven’t spent enough time with the Sentinel to give a through opinion.

The stig figure while poseable does have many things popping off and the Toynami feels sturdier and more fun to handle in comparison (until the cloth start flaking anyways). The cloth seems ok so far on the Sentinel. Obviously no screw hole covering half the neck on the Sentinel. I actually prefer sentinel’s head sculpt in the helmet than Toynamis. 

I like that the Sentinel bike has a lot of tiny details and paint that makes it look less plain than the Toynami. The bike main body so far holds together well but the side canons are easy to pop off. I like that there are diecast in bars and brackets distributed in different areas so it has a little bit of weight to it.  The back of the seat collapses easier than the Toynami one does. The wind shield stays in place well compared to the floppy Toynami windshield. The front body of the bike below the windshield holds together well unlike the Toynami. I like the Sentinel color scheme better. I haven’t noticed yellowing on my Toynami but haven’t looked too closely either  

I haven’t transformed the Toynami in years but remember it not being a pleasant experience. I expect Sentinel to be about the same. Hopefully tomorrow! 

Thanks locidm! Appreciate your fast reply and insight on these wonderful toys. :good: ;)

Lastly, material-wise esp the plastic used. Do you feel it's the same or Sentinel feels more high quality?

First of my 2 Sticks arrived. This one from NY and NO Customs Chargers YAY.

Anyone from the UK will tell you how Greedy our customs are.

Alas the other Stick is from HLJ and currently in the UK with Customs. So am paying charges on that one :/

Anyway NOT had a play yet as busy keeping kiddies happy before this big kid gets to play LOL

First impressions, LOVE IT!

20180421_090610.jpg

20180421_090528.jpg

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

@Kuma Style How difficult was it for you to separate the 2 main halves of the bike? I’m referring to steps #16 & 17 in the instructions. Any tips to get it done other than pure brute force (e.g. like a way that makes it come off easier?)

It's not. I found a trick. Pull out the lower, diecast bar first and use the upper half on that to pull it up and out. It separates smooth as butter that way where trying to separate it at the connection point itself felt like a 110% chance of breakage. 

Not tried transformation yet Just mesmerised at Bike and Rider at present.

Damn it's beautiful.

My 3d Printed H90 rifle is too hard to get him to hold. Took the barrel and stock off one and it works as a pistol.

Compared to the old Kit bike and nicely does it with scale.

Also compared to a few more 1/12 bodies. The Dutch wip custom is a Mezco One:12 Commander Rogers body.

20180421_132522-1.jpg

20180421_133405-1.jpg

20180421_133710-1.jpg

20180421_131314-1.jpg

20180421_133556_001-1.jpg

Sentinel really doesn't re release things.  There are three re releases I can think of; The xT-Rex Black and Red Getters with new paint decos, the Sentinel Re:Edit Bleeding Edge armor which was the first release that got another run once the line got popular, and the Giant Gorg which I've read was just them shipping some overstock to retailers.

Not saying "never" but if you want these I'd get them because it's becoming common that the "I'll wait for clearance" crowds are becoming the "WTF IS WITH THESE SECOND HAND PRICES?!??!" crowds in short order now that Sentinel has picked up a lot more support and their stuff just doesn't warehouse warm until HLJ sales as it did years ago.

Except that while I see quite a few people asking a premium for their toys, I don't many people actually buying them at those inflated prices. If there's high demand for a product but the manufacturer doesn't meet supply, it only invites competition to come in with a newer, better (and cheaper) product. I see people asking $600+ for Beagle ride-armors, but who's actually buying them? Chances are that the toys will yellow in their packages long before anyone buys them, and then it will be a race to the bottom.

Way I look at it is Mospeada transformable toys will Only go up in price.

Hell CM Brave Riders at 1/18 used to be £40 a piece. Now look at those with prices of £100 to over £200+. Add the Brave Riders got a big release in numbers too.

So if Sentinel only did the numbers of what has sold, alas yes these will rocket. Annoying as I would like More to customise and try some ideas on.

4 hours ago, edstuff said:

Anyone order theirs from bbts? I was late to the party and they were the only retailer to have one at the time. Price aint bad either. But anyway just wondering when they will come in stock and ship my order

I’ve mentioned this before but if you order a Japan-only item from BBTS expect it to be at least a month later.

Edited by Mommar

10 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

It's not. I found a trick. Pull out the lower, diecast bar first and use the upper half on that to pull it up and out. It separates smooth as butter that way where trying to separate it at the connection point itself felt like a 110% chance of breakage. 

Thanks for sharing. I was actually trying something like that before, and while I can see the lock budging slightly, it’s still not coming off easily. Any chance you’d do a transformation video in your review? Thanks.

Honestly I don’t know why I seem to be the only one unable to get past this step. Never really had any major problems transforming something before that have set me back this long.

Edited by ArchieNov

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks for sharing. I was actually trying something like that before, and while I can see the lock budging slightly, it’s still not coming off easily. Any chance you’d do a transformation video in your review? Thanks.

Honestly I don’t know why I seem the only one unable to get past this step. Never really had any major problems transforming something before that have set me back this long.

I think you should identify the two parts and leverage the union with a plastic wedge, that way you will not break any pieces.

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Honestly I don’t know why I seem to be the only one unable to get past this step. Never really had any major problems transforming something before that have set me back this long.

Yea. I'm recording the video review in a few minutes, actually. I'm doing the transformation video separately so that I can actually go through slowly and explain it. 

Don't worry too much because I was in the EXACT same position as you until I found that trick so hopefully there's something I maybe missed trying to explain it verbally that will shine through when I do it on tape that helps.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Lastly, material-wise esp the plastic used. Do you feel it's the same or Sentinel feels more high quality?

I'm not locidm, nor do I have a Sentinel ride armor, but I can affirm that the quality of materials in the Beagle/Toynami were very, very good (aside from the cloth portions of the rider suit). Most of the plastic in the Beagle had the feel of high-end industrial casting resin - it had a very hard and "dense" surface feel to it.

Received mine today. Box is old-school awesome. Figure has nice heft and weight and the bike is beautiful. Stuff pops off like a Robot Spirits toy. I'm torn. I LOVE my RIobot Detonator Orgun but it was half the price of this and way less fiddly. Very concerned about how this will hold up with time and even minimal reposing.

DSC06535.JPG

DSC06536.JPG

DSC06538.JPG