19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Just so you know, if every you get tired of Cup Noodles, there's Costco Hotdog Sandwiches. :rolleyes:

So true, a buck fifty plus tax isn't a bad alternative at all. 

Speaking of food, looks like Rey ate one too many, he's constipating. :lol:

Rey.jpg

I didn't even know about this.  Haven't been on this forum till now.   Mostly I hang out on the hmr forum.  Sentinel mospeada is So awesome.   Missed out on the beagle. But this looks more awesome.  And I like the scale cuz I have lots of 1 /12 scale figs and motorcycle.  

I'm surprised that Rand is up for order so soon. I thought they would show him first and maybe tease Rook. I need to know their plans for Rook to know which of these first releases I'm getting. Rand's face sculpt looks better than Scott's though.

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here...probably a pretty thin one at that, and say I do NOT care for the look of these two new Mospeada bikes. Yes, I'm sure they are more poseable and possibly easier to transform than the Beagle bikes, but I'm sorry, in bike mode, the Scott especially looks horrid IMHO.  The missile launchers on the front wheel are waaaaay to big and stick out way to far, and I don't care for the stylized look on either bike.   I'm easily passing on both of these, I think the Beagles are still the better, more anime accurate offering.  Now, that being said, I'm totally stoked to have new Mospeada merchandise in the market, and I'm extremely happy for all those who missed the Beagles.  And yes, I probably will bite on the Rook and Yellow models (assuming they get made) as Beagle never did and the tiny Megahouse and whatever other brand Rook that was made totally suck and I haven't touched them since I took them out of the package and transformed them one time.  

Edited by derex3592

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here...probably a pretty thin one at that, and say I do NOT care for the look of these two new Mospeada bikes. Yes, I'm sure they are more poseable and possibly easier to transform than the Beagle bikes, but I'm sorry, in bike mode, the Scott especially looks horrid IMHO.  The missile launchers on the front wheel are waaaaay to big and stick out way to far, and I don't care for the stylized look on either bike.   I'm easily passing on both of these, I think the Beagles are still the better, more anime accurate offering.  Now, that being said, I'm totally stoked to have new Mospeada merchandise in the market, and I'm extremely happy for all those who missed the Beagles.  And yes, I probably will bite on the Rook and Yellow models (assuming they get made) as Beagle never did and the tiny Megahouse and whatever other brand Rook that was made totally suck and I haven't touched them since I took them out of the package and transformed them one time.  

I agree with you. I'm not too fond of the stylized look and would have preferred lineart accuracy instead. Sure, they do look sleek, but they are not what I grew up with. (Plus, I can't afford or fit these in my collection, so I hold tight to any reason for not buying them.)

If they were going for line art accuracy i would agree. Since it's based on the new design I'm not put off. I think Beagle would have been hard to beat so I'm glad they differentiated themselves there. This would made it easy for me to go all in on both lines if Beagle had continued.

Lets face it, 1/12 is where the BEAGLE one Should have been released in scale IMHO. 
So yeah BEAGLE owners can be picky but hell for me just being 1/12 is why I have 3 on PO.  The looks are very promising thus far but till in hand you just never know.

Then again I pulled the trigger with 15 or so CM BRAVE Mospeada riders for my 1/18th world collection. Look at all the Nay sayers to these lol

1/10 is just too stand alone scale IMHO so that prevented me pulling the trigger back then and even to this day and had some slip through my hands purely because of that.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

If they were going for line art accuracy i would agree. Since it's based on the new design I'm not put off. I think Beagle would have been hard to beat so I'm glad they differentiated themselves there. This would made it easy for me to go all in on both lines if Beagle had continued.

This.   It's like the vf25 they're like the original vf 1 but updated.  I like and own both lines.   I like original clean lines and I like new updated busier look.   I didn't even know about the updated bikes or even this toy til this week.   It's like a heavily modified custom bike.   ☺

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

8 hours ago, Lorindor said:

I agree with you. I'm not too fond of the stylized look and would have preferred lineart accuracy instead. Sure, they do look sleek, but they are not what I grew up with. (Plus, I can't afford or fit these in my collection, so I hold tight to any reason for not buying them.)

well there's this too if you like anime accurate 

101201c5pudtere4cemftf.thumb.jpg.88a99c7a9e278402f119a110aa171ea5.jpg

The huge Anime feet always disliked plus some cells, they were Huge!

Let's not forget the guys and girls in the Ride Armour/CVR 3 are supposed to be combat operators away from the bikes.

Cat in hell's chance of that with those Anime feet.

The redesigned sleeker ones work well imho for none bike combat.

Guess that is the problem seeking a real world look from an Anime source.

I'm buying the sentinel stig and the figma Rey.  New design and old design.   Sentinel had pretty good quality figures with really good paint job and detailed so these bikes are probably good.   though their stands are not very solid.   They can hold the weight of the figures but if you pose them alot the stand arm gets loose and the figure can drop, but so does bandai stands.  I have their mak stuff and love it.   But haven't bought sentinel recently so don't know if they dealt with that stand arm loosening over time but it looks like the same stand and you can slip a photo of landscape under the transparent plastic on the top of the base.   Mine came with moon surface but you can print out a photo of desert etc.  If stig is good I'll buy yellow my favorite. 

Figma are hit or miss.   Some figma are good some suck.   Figma are good for cartoon look but not realism and detail.  Figma did a good job on the horse with link so the rider should fit on the bike unlike some other mospeada toys that the rider doesn't look good on the bike.   I'll try one.  

Sorry slightly off topic. Is the Toynami cyclones looked down upon compared to the Beagle ride armor? I get how we hate HG and the R word. But aren't the toys the same other than branding, packaging, and head sculpt? Personally I slightly preferred the Toynami Stick (Scott) head. I got them over the Beagle just because it was a lot more affordable at the time. 

I am very excited about he prospect of having potentially the whole team released by Sentinel! 

23 minutes ago, locidm said:

Sorry slightly off topic. Is the Toynami cyclones looked down upon compared to the Beagle ride armor? I get how we hate HG and the R word. But aren't the toys the same other than branding, packaging, and head sculpt? Personally I slightly preferred the Toynami Stick (Scott) head. I got them over the Beagle just because it was a lot more affordable at the time. 

I am very excited about he prospect of having potentially the whole team released by Sentinel! 

Head sculpts and branding aside, I think the Toynami release was actually better. There were mild QC problems with the Beagle Stick head neck joint and the missile gauntlets being loose. I think the Toynami release fixed those. I think the flaking fabric was universal though.

NY has randomly decided not to carry items in the past. Like for Votoms, they carried one of the two recent AG releases and they're not carrying the 5pro toys coming out in December. Either way, when their shipping is calculated they'll just be equal to everyone else on price.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

NY has randomly decided not to carry items in the past. Like for Votoms, they carried one of the two recent AG releases and they're not carrying the 5pro toys coming out in December.

They also didn't carry two out of three releases in the latest wave of Variable Action figures, including the new Orguss. So yeah, it can be really random.

All we know at this stage is that Figma apparently acquired the rights, and that they intend to produce both an "armored cycle/ride armor" and a "riding suit."

Figma figures average out at about 1:14th scale.

9 minutes ago, tekering said:

All we know at this stage is that Figma apparently acquired the rights, and that they intend to produce both an "armored cycle/ride armor" and a "riding suit."

I have some FIGMA, they do make some that are 1/12 as well as the smaller.

So none transformable then if making one of each? Hopefully they goto the taller section of their scale thus the Bike sold seperate (i presume for the rider) will be more inline 1/12 scale than underscale.
Guess all we can do is wait.

45 minutes ago, tekering said:

33 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

I have some FIGMA, they do make some that are 1/12 as well as the smaller.

So none transformable then if making one of each? Hopefully they goto the taller section of their scale thus the Bike sold seperate (i presume for the rider) will be more inline 1/12 scale than underscale.
Guess all we can do is wait.

Thanks guys. Sounds like they're going to be articulated non-transforming figures. Honestly I don't mind, as long as they're around the 1:12th -1/14th scale as mentioned.  if that's the case, they should be more affordable.

11 minutes ago, adankree said:

Thanks guys. Sounds like they're going to be articulated non-transforming figures. Honestly I don't mind, as long as they're around the 1:12th -1/14th scale as mentioned.  if that's the case, they should be more affordable.

Agreed, prices should be lower due to less technical know how needed. Plus Transformed mode should be a solid and robust figure to play with too with NO Fear either.

Looking forwrd to building up a team of Riders too (size dependant). As not sure about the rest of you, just that ride armour wrks nicely for combat armour IMHO. 
Guess why I have so many CM BRAVE Mospeada Riders LOL

So, is there any official word from Sentinel that they are going to make a Houquet and/or Yellow version?

I'm very tempted to go in but would like more assurance that the line will get completed.

12 hours ago, adankree said:

I'm not really familiar with Figma, but they seem to be focused on figures, and not mecha (for the most part) or vehicles. It seems surprising to license MOSPEADA and Bubblegum Crisis, two properties really known to a large degree for transforming bikes, and NOT include transformation.

6 hours ago, Mog said:

So, is there any official word from Sentinel that they are going to make a Houquet and/or Yellow version?

This seems highly unlikely to me.  MegaHouse never got around to Houquet, Matchbox never released a Lancer figure, Toynami never released Rook or Lancer, and Beagle produced neither Houquet nor Yellow versions... and they were working directly from the anime designs.  Sentinel is basing their Ride Armor figures on new concept designs that don't even exist in Yellow or Houquet versions.  

Unless their Stig and Rey figures sell unexpectedly well, I doubt further figures will be produced.

Edited by tekering

I spoke to one of the guys at Sentinel, he was lobbying to start the line with Houquet (obviously, he was out-voted... probably by the accountants). Suffice it to say, it's definitely under consideration. Since the accountants won that discussion, they'd probably win any discussions about how well sales of Stick and Ley have to be before a Houquet or Yellow gets green lit.

Man holding out for NY to list the Ray, but still nothing.

Might cave and just order from AE.  It's like AM/PM lately, too much good stuff. 

Just checked NY, Stick version no longer available for pre-order, and AE cutoff date is 10/20.  Is it just me or are these preorder windows pretty short?

Edited by Vortech

I think the post from before suggesting that the Rey might be so close to the Stig because they're running the majority of the parts in the same production wrong is probably on the money. Still, part of me is wary when a second product is on order before there is a single review or in-hand of the first one.

Who am I kidding? I'm still going to pre-order it when it hits BBTS...