Damn, he still sounds pretty slick. That is badass!!! I would love to have been at that coffee shop. He still sounds like he did on the recording. That's a hard thing to do.

Edited by Jasonc

Like so...?

Oh hell yeah ... that was totally badass!! Noh from the indie-band 'Hujan' (means 'Rain') is super famous in Malaysia. He was still a college kid in mid 2000s when his band perfomed at various gigs throughout Malaysian universities & colleges for free & yes, peanuts ...

When he started singing a cover version of 'Lonely Soldier Boy' in Malay (yes, directly translated from original Japanese lyrics), the song burns the top Malaysian music charts for months. Most Malaysians caught on with 'Lonely Soldier Boy' fever started by Noah & his Hujan's band .... no wonder, at least 3 generations of Malaysians grew up with Mospeada. Those from 1980s generation watched Mospeada in late 1980s, the 1990s generation watched the series in early 1990s (as Robotech) & late 1990s with various re-runs of original series until early 2000s.

Now seeing Noh singing the song with THE Andy Koyama, it certainly a great day being a Mospeada fan in Malaysia!

...When he started singing a cover version of 'Lonely Soldier Boy' in Malay (yes, directly translated from original Japanese lyrics)...

But that's not the song's title, is it? SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR Andy!! Call the song by its REAL name!!

EDIT: Err, it's NOT back, DarrinG. Unless you can point me to some kind of sequel or tribute album, or...hell, ANYTHING...

Edited by Gubaba

But that's not the song's title, is it? SHOW SOME RESPECT FOR Andy!! Call the song by its REAL name!!

EDIT: Err, it's NOT back, DarrinG. Unless you can point me to some kind of sequel or tribute album, or...hell, ANYTHING...

Ha! Its more of a feeling than based on fact. MOSPEADA is back! (for me).

Time to change the avatar...

Edited by DarrinG

Did he do this video 25 years after the original recording? Absolutely love this song. This is what I think of when I see Mospeada, not Robotech's orchestra opening.

yup...this video was recorded recently. From what I read he is starting to get involved in anime events around japan. That's really good news.

Now, if they can get Mine Matsuki to comeback as well and have them sing 'Blue Rain' together..that would be awesome!

Oh, you mean "Ushinawareta Yume o Motomete" aka "In Search of Lost Dreams" ..... But we still call it 'Lonely Soldier Boy' whether you liked it or not ... hah!

:p

Maybe a quick question...Does anyone know what (presumably) 70's/80's Japanese bike was used for the sound effects of the Genesis Climbers? A buddy is considering building a 1:1 scale replica after seeing the "Protomospeada" in the artbook. If possible, he'd like to use the same mufflers as the animation. Just curious. Thanks.

That's only a pilot to a new american serie.

Don't have continuation.

Different of Orguss, what have a sequence in 1995 (ok, was only six ova).

It's not like people can tell the difference, or want to in some cases. It might as well be a sequel in addition to American Love Live Alive.

Here ya go!

oh geez. i've never seen the thing. I wonder if the whole movie is just a string of cliche dialogue like that trailer.

So, it has begun.

Everyone follow my lead!

If we make it out of this alive, my wife is gonna kill me.

I've never seen anything like this.

I bet the movie has:

You think you have all figured out

You don't even know the half of it

Yes, but we've only won the battle, not the war

It's a decoy!

I want to talk to the manager!

I am the manager!

In the Macross Frontier. We can see a brown "heart-hologram" like ( I said "like", no "was") Mospeada in the belongings of Gilliam.

If Macross frontier was the next continuation of Robotech, they will repaint it in green.

oh geez. i've never seen the thing. I wonder if the whole movie is just a string of cliche dialogue like that trailer.

So, it has begun.

Everyone follow my lead!

If we make it out of this alive, my wife is gonna kill me.

I've never seen anything like this.

I bet the movie has:

You think you have all figured out

You don't even know the half of it

Yes, but we've only won the battle, not the war

It's a decoy!

I want to talk to the manager!

I am the manager!

OMG you haven't seen it? You need to netflix, hulu, youtube,or whatever your favorite method of viewing is to see it. You're seriously missing out on some hilarity.