On 1/13/2023 at 2:55 PM, no3Ljm said:

New updated image teaser from MoShow Toys on their 'Cyclone' figure.

https://www.moshowtoys.com/newsinfo/4906504.html

image.jpeg.40b36918c63cf8a188603064b590d9ec.jpeg

This design looks super beefy.  I hope this translates into a toy that is robust and does not have all of the problems that the Sentinel Ride Armors have with broken parts.  Looks like it will also be around 10 inches tall, so they might have the size to add some chunky die cast into the design.  I like the designs of MoShow and look forward to this.

Twich

On 1/14/2023 at 12:21 AM, Robin-11 said:

It would be a really cool design...except for those bunny ears on the helmet. 

Hope it can be removed via customization. ;) 

On 1/16/2023 at 1:34 AM, tekering said:

Still better than anything Genesis Breakers has spat out. 😑

I agree. :good: 

On 1/16/2023 at 4:23 AM, seti88 said:

True, would like to see the bike design. From the looks of it bike mode is going to be quite chunky.

Not to mention what scale would this be..

I would say it's either 1/7 or 1/8 based on the height given on the description which is between 24-26cm. 

23 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Looking forward for some pictures in bike mode. Although i don't think anything is going to change on the helmet.

Same here. I'll wait for the bike mode first before deciding. ;) 

15 hours ago, twich said:

This design looks super beefy.  I hope this translates into a toy that is robust and does not have all of the problems that the Sentinel Ride Armors have with broken parts.  Looks like it will also be around 10 inches tall, so they might have the size to add some chunky die cast into the design.  I like the designs of MoShow and look forward to this.

Twich

I'm pretty sure it's going to have a nice heft of diecast as per MoShow description. Though I have to admit that it really looks more like a mecha than an exoskeleton suit for me.

14 hours ago, jenius said:

Does it transform? It looks like it would make a better ATV than a bike... except for the two wheels thing. 

It's transformable based on their description. I'm guessing it's going to look a little bit of Sentinel's design in which I think they're taking cue from based on the design they posted.

Even though it hasn't been up for PO, I keep flip-flopping on MoShow's interpretation on whether I would want one. I appreciate MoShow daring to do something different, but Sentinel already has that covered with their complete basic line-up of Ride-Armor releases. The very Gundam-ish proportions doesn't endear either. 

Despite MoShow's debatable design choices, if Sentinel didn't already release theirs, I'd be easily on board with MoShow's, similar to Fewture's M23 Garland just for something a bit different.

7 hours ago, MKT said:

Even though it hasn't been up for PO, I keep flip-flopping on MoShow's interpretation on whether I would want one. I appreciate MoShow daring to do something different, but Sentinel already has that covered with their complete basic line-up of Ride-Armor releases. The very Gundam-ish proportions doesn't endear either. 

Despite MoShow's debatable design choices, if Sentinel didn't already release theirs, I'd be easily on board with MoShow's, similar to Fewture's M23 Garland just for something a bit different.

To be honest, what interests me is the size. If this is going to be a one-off thing and the bike design is good. Even though it's not Ley's, I'll get one. Hope the price is close and not more than their Progenitor Effect Mechas. :good: 

If their Stick release is going to be successful and they decided to complete the gang, then I'm screwed. :fool:

Edited by no3Ljm

On 1/13/2023 at 5:55 PM, no3Ljm said:

Battlestar Galactica - Cyclone Motorcycle

I, for one, am greatly looking forward to the new Battlestar Galactica Cyclone Motorcycle. This is the update the Turbines needed.

Battlestar-Galactica-turbine-bikes-2.jpg

Are they making the armor and bike hot pink? 😜

#NotBitterAtAll

Also, is it just me, or does the windshield feel like an afterthought?  Could have swore the original design looked different.  Should have just went with the windshield style on the Blowsuperior.

Huh. I actually like the toy version a lot more than the GB promo art. I wouldn't buy multiples like I did with the main MOSPEADA cast but I'd probably pick this one up, assuming the colors are nice. The dusky red/brown/teal was a good color scheme if that's the one that matches this.

Kind of shocked the line did well enough to continue through to Genesis Breakers. Though given that we've seen prototypes of the Tread already at shows, I'd wager we actually get a Tread before this releases.

39 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Let me know when Sentinel decides (If ever) to build the original Ride Armors, you know, the ones we grew up with as kids and perhaps someday their Tread. 

Granted I’m the guy who repainted their Houquet and minimized the HUD lines on each of the figures he got, but Sentinel’s releases were close enough to the originals for my personal tastes.

I know there are differences, but Mospeada’s already such a niche market that I don’t know if they’ll design something closer to the originals. 🤷🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Also, is it just me, or does the windshield feel like an afterthought?  Could have swore the original design looked different.  Should have just went with the windshield style on the Blowsuperior.

This to me looks like a fairly typical adventure bike kind of setup for the windshield. Look at the Yamaha Tenere or the Ducati Multistrada.

One of the earlier pics (back on page 326) had the windshield sloping back more.

Don’t know how to explain it, but the windshield on the prototype just doesn’t “flow” as smoothly with the rest of the bike’s front angle.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Peter Griffin Done GIF - Peter Griffin Done Family Guy ...

Let me know when Sentinel decides (If ever) to build the original Ride Armors, you know, the ones we grew up with as kids and perhaps someday their Tread. 

I was interested by the teaser photo.

After the full shot was released, I am no longer interested.  YUCK!

Somewhat lukewarm to this, but likely get one copy eventually. 

Something I just noticed, is that they appear to have gotten rid of the fabrics in these new designs. The drawings are also ambiguous about that. The prominent ball design at the base of the hips looks a bit incongruous to the original idea of wearing separate pieces of armor, and more akin to a fully covered bodysuit armor.  

On 1/26/2023 at 8:53 PM, MKT said:

Somewhat lukewarm to this, but likely get one copy eventually. 

Something I just noticed, is that they appear to have gotten rid of the fabrics in these new designs. The drawings are also ambiguous about that. The prominent ball design at the base of the hips looks a bit incongruous to the original idea of wearing separate pieces of armor, and more akin to a fully covered bodysuit armor.  

Yeah, it's all soft metal or rubber on soft parts.

Plus still waiting on uniforms for other possible regiments, or maybe departments (like Gibby's son dress uniform and such).

Edited by roboemo

59 minutes ago, captain america said:

I can't help but wonder if that isn't a cost-cutting production measure for the figure. 

I think if you look back at the Fuke prototypes, they didn't have cloth on them as well. I'd expect the final product to use cloth just like the previous figures did.

14 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

I think if you look back at the Fuke prototypes, they didn't have cloth on them as well. I'd expect the final product to use cloth just like the previous figures did.

I don't think the final product will have fabric. Look at the character design compared to the prototype. The thigh has that circle-lining thing (panel lines) going on on both images. Bartley on the other hand, her thigh has an exposed metal pin and doesn't have designs or grooves (panel lines) on it. Hence, the fabric on the final product.

Also from a production point of view, a transforming figure at that scale, and a small portion of fabric to have, IMHO it's best not to have fabric at all. ;) 

image.jpeg.02b79d64faa9265ab4886374f909bd76.jpeg

image.jpeg.33d4dd034c834dbbd65c3eb2c6b56588.jpeg

image.jpeg.01ad85e058320679884be344dc0b2f67.jpeg

image.jpeg.30c197f97ecefdd22ad6d0a3b158896b.jpeg