On 11/27/2022 at 10:01 PM, RavenHawk said:

Maybe it's a MotoSlave type of thing going on, trying to honor another Aramaki work (without, you know, as graceful of an approach)?

26 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

Rereading this, you've hit the nail on the head as far as my distaste for these designs go.  They are everything BUT graceful! :blink:

Is there any confirmation if these new designs are created by Aramaki-san himself or more just approvals from him?

37 minutes ago, Mog said:

Nice work! :good:

Are you planning to give those yellowed pieces a peroxide dip or just repaint them?

Thanks @Mog:hi:

I'm not sure yet. I'm thinking of painting them down the line. Probably. Also, another concern to have is that If I were to dip the helmet, I don't know how the peroxide will affect the face and the tampo on the side of the helmet. I don't want to try to disassemble it and break something since they're glued altogether. The thigh armor is easy since there's no marking on it. If I do painting in the end, I really need to find a way of disassemble the whole thing, including the bike.

I was able to finish Ley's bodysuit today. This round I would say that I prefer how the fitting turned out for Ley's since I took notes from what I did with Stick's. I'll probably fix Stick's bodysuit this Holiday break. ;) 

beagle_stick_ley_cloth_01.jpg.aa23caf8df31a4077f8714c1e2d88896.jpg

beagle_stick_ley_cloth_02.jpg.9f7b19646f4216fae28c96f4d1bf9883.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I was able to finish Ley's bodysuit today. This round I would say that I prefer how the fitting turned out for Ley's since I took notes from what I did with Stick's. I'll probably fix Stick's bodysuit this Holiday break. ;) 

beagle_stick_ley_cloth_01.jpg.aa23caf8df31a4077f8714c1e2d88896.jpg

beagle_stick_ley_cloth_02.jpg.9f7b19646f4216fae28c96f4d1bf9883.jpg

Kudos for your restoration work, and fixing those fabric sections must have been an interesting challenge. Have you considered painting the plastic parts since you're already disassembling them? It would resolve the yellowing issue once and for all.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:52 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Both look great!!! Now peroxide treatment for Stick thigh armor.

Thanks @Ignacio Ocamica! :drinks: I'm still contemplating if I should just leave it as is for now and decide on painting the whole thing later including the bikes. Stick's bike has some yellowing going on now too. :unsure:

On 12/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, jenius said:

Agreed! Phenomenal work.

Thanks @jenius:drinks:

On 12/21/2022 at 1:39 PM, captain america said:

Kudos for your restoration work, and fixing those fabric sections must have been an interesting challenge. Have you considered painting the plastic parts since you're already disassembling them? It would resolve the yellowing issue once and for all.

Thanks @captain america:drinks: Just learned handsewing in a day by watching YouTube videos. Hahaha! :lol: And to be honest, I'm just glad that it's a 3-piece suit rather than one like a onesies. That, I probably cannot do. Esp for its size. ;) 

I am actually considering of having them painted down the line. The helmet already have some yellowing too so I know that applying the peroxide treatment might damage the tampo print on the sides. I'm kind of studying too how to open the figure esp the legs section. And what I fear is that I might break a piece or two to have them pry open and don't want to take a risk of doing in the fear that I might break it. But we'll see. But yes, the overall goal is to repaint them and hopefully apply some decals on it. ;) 

Testing the new handsewn bodysuit with the Ride-Armors on. :wub: Though sad to say, I accidentally snapped the part that's connecting the engine cover to the hydraulics while I'm adjusting the seat by pulling and pushing towards the engine cover on my Stick's during transformation. It looks like the slide rail for the seat became too stiff over time. :cray: Since I made that mistake, it's best to check your Beagle's once in awhile and apply some Silicon Shock Oil if needed. :good:

IMG_5083.jpg.df45043167c11cf7028e3010ca523819.jpg

IMG_5090.jpg.b8b19d1430022a8208a191231ea6f419.jpg

IMG_5085.jpg.7f54a673f6ada37c87212ff80268eb53.jpg

crack.jpg.3f09c7a5a8d58b5f79fe038fb8b24e7f.jpg

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks @captain america:drinks: Just learned handsewing in a day by watching YouTube videos. Hahaha! :lol: And to be honest, I'm just glad that it's a 3-piece suit rather than one like a onesies. That, I probably cannot do. Esp for its size. ;) 

I am actually considering of having them painted down the line. The helmet already have some yellowing too so I know that applying the peroxide treatment might damage the tampo print on the sides. I'm kind of studying too how to open the figure esp the legs section. And what I fear is that I might break a piece or two to have them pry open and don't want to take a risk of doing in the fear that I might break it. But we'll see. But yes, the overall goal is to repaint them and hopefully apply some decals on it. ;) 

You may not need to completely disassemble the figure to paint it, just be very patient with your masking. The printed stuff you'd have to reproduce as decals, but still very much worth it for the end result.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:36 PM, no3Ljm said:

Great progress! I went through this whole process with my Beagles as well. Tried the peroxide approach to whiten the yellow bits, which looked great for awhile but then they just turned yellow again (even stored in the closet). So I bit the bullet and repainted them, and am much happier with the result. Disassembly of the bike can be a little terrifying, as the back end is glued together. But if you take it slow you should be all right.

As far as the rider's legs, I never got them apart, but you shouldn't need to take them apart if you just mask carefully. Likewise I was able to preserve the markings on the bike and rider with masking, though I had some IMAI model kit decals on hand just in case.

I used Vallejo Mecha Color 69 014 Grey Green, and found it to be a good color match.

For the fabric suit I scraped off all the flakey bits and dyed the cloth with Rit.

Beagle01.jpg

Beagle02.jpg

Beagle03.jpg

Edited by magicsp00n

So a page from new issue of Hobby Japan shared from Facebook. I think they decided to include psychic, which they planned but never fruition in production. Still fewer sketches or art on Mars Base accesories, regiment uniform colors, and uniform, but at least it was something (like beret, dog tags, and t-shirt).

Spoiler

May be an illustration of text

11 hours ago, roboemo said:

So a page from new issue of Hobby Japan shared from Facebook. I think they decided to include psychic, which they planned but never fruition in production. Still fewer sketches or art on Mars Base accesories, regiment uniform colors, and uniform, but at least it was something (like beret, dog tags, and t-shirt).

Hide contents

May be an illustration of text

Can anyone translate that text under "Grizzly_Sidecar"? Very curious about that.

(Making me think of Biomega, the bear, the young girl, and the AI motorcycle)

On 12/24/2022 at 12:13 PM, magicsp00n said:

Great progress! I went through this whole process with my Beagles as well. Tried the peroxide approach to whiten the yellow bits, which looked great for awhile but then they just turned yellow again (even stored in the closet). So I bit the bullet and repainted them, and am much happier with the result. Disassembly of the bike can be a little terrifying, as the back end is glued together. But if you take it slow you should be all right.

As far as the rider's legs, I never got them apart, but you shouldn't need to take them apart if you just mask carefully. Likewise I was able to preserve the markings on the bike and rider with masking, though I had some IMAI model kit decals on hand just in case.

I used Vallejo Mecha Color 69 014 Grey Green, and found it to be a good color match.

For the fabric suit I scraped off all the flakey bits and dyed the cloth with Rit.

Beagle01.jpg

Beagle02.jpg

Beagle03.jpg

Fantastic repaint & restoration, It's a shame these Ride Armor's yellow like that but at least there's a paint color that matches. B))

On 12/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, MKT said:

Nice restoration, and great pics @no3Ljm:wub:

Original Beagle still looks really good, and I didn't know the springs are that detailed in the last pic. :good:

Thanks @MKT! Yeah, the spring is a nice touch actually. :good: 

On 12/23/2022 at 6:46 AM, captain america said:

You may not need to completely disassemble the figure to paint it, just be very patient with your masking. The printed stuff you'd have to reproduce as decals, but still very much worth it for the end result.

Thanks @captain america! I'll probably still try to disassemble the easy parts as I can. And leave the others as is if I can't pry it open and just do heavy masking. ;) 

On 12/24/2022 at 10:13 AM, magicsp00n said:

Beagle01.jpg

Beagle02.jpg

Beagle03.jpg

Thanks for sharing, @magicsp00n! Really appreciate it. It's nice to know that there's already an available paint color that I can use. :good: 

Also to be honest, I didn't know that even the bike's blue plastic can yellowed like that. I know the whites are. Did you airbrush yours or it's mostly hand-painted? Also, any advice on how to remove the visor in case you also painted the helmet? Thanks! :hi:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Also to be honest, I didn't know that even the bike's blue plastic can yellowed like that. I know the whites are. Did you airbrush yours or it's mostly hand-painted? Also, any advice on how to remove the visor in case you also painted the helmet? Thanks! :hi:

Yeah, I was really unhappy when I noticed how discolored the blue plastic had become. I had other items in the same display case which didn't yellow at all, so I don't know what kind of plastic Beagle used that made it turn so much.

No hand-painting on mine. I airbrushed the blue areas. I found the Mecha Color to be a bit thick for spraying right out of the bottle, but a bit of Vallejo Airbrush Flow Improver worked great. For the white parts I used Krylon Fusion. I couldn't find a good way to disassemble the helmet so I just masked off the visor and face really well before spraying.

Edited by magicsp00n

On 12/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, RavenHawk said:

Can anyone translate that text under "Grizzly_Sidecar"? Very curious about that.

(Making me think of Biomega, the bear, the young girl, and the AI motorcycle)

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisBreakerMospeada/posts/pfbid036Bx6s8ZwSezpSM69VSPJBxm4GeCWQhrFYVQkLmJtKph2Z88cvuoQH1LHRPw3Levol
Sorry if it took long, but here is the translation from the page.
Grizzly and Side Car
The Grizzly is an Armor Cycle for soldiers who underwent minimal brain and brainstem non-biological mechanization.  In Ride Armor mode, rather than a powered suit that traces and amplifies human movements, it functions as additional reinforcement to expand the capabilities of mechanized soldiers.  Of course, the legs and arms are mechanical, and moreover, in order to operate additional weapons, each of the four arms can be moved independently.  It’s also bulletproof, has the hovering ability and protective functions of the original Ride Armor system, so it has the potential to be an even more powerful weapon.  Along with the Grizzly, a sidecar container can be attached to safely transport and protect Foresight, the important "equipment" for the military.  When the Grizzly changes to Ride Armor mode in a battle, the sidecar has a wheel section that opens on the left and right and flies off as a drone and evacuates the battle area to keep Foresight out of danger.

New updated image teaser from MoShow Toys on their 'Cyclone' figure.

https://www.moshowtoys.com/newsinfo/4906504.html

image.jpeg.40b36918c63cf8a188603064b590d9ec.jpeg

MOSHOWTOYS 至臻X级·太空堡垒·旋风摩托车 实体化确定!  

【产品信息】
至臻X级·太空堡垒·旋风摩托车 合金涂装完成品
产品尺寸:24-26 cm
材质:合金材料、ABS、POM
上市日期:2023年~2024年  

1985年,美国公司Harmony Gold(金和声)将三部日本动画作品《超时空要塞》、《超时空骑团》、《机甲创世记》重新编辑成为85集的长篇电视动画,取名太空堡垒“Robotech”。旋风摩托为《太空堡垒》第三部《新生一代》中斯科特搭乘的机甲。  

作为MOSHOWTOYS 至臻X级又一款全新重量级产品 [至臻X级·太空堡垒·旋风摩托车]将延续至臻级的制作工艺,进一步强化实体化产品的精密感和机械感,同时保留了原设变形功能,一定会给各位带来不一样的把玩体验!  

注:产品上市时间及产品信息请密切关注微博等官方渠道的最新消息!

MOSHOWTOYS Supreme X Class - Space Fortress - Cyclone Motorcycle Physical confirmation!  

[Product Information]
The perfect X-class - Space Fortress - Cyclone motorcycle Alloy painted finished product
Product size: 24-26 cm
Material: Alloy material, ABS, POM
Release date: 2023~2024  

In 1985, the American company Harmony Gold re-edited three Japanese animation works "Super Space Fortress", "Super Space Cavalry" and "Mecha Genesis" into 85 episodes of a long-running TV animation named "Robotech". Cyclone Motorcycle is the mecha that Scott rides in the third part of Battlestar Galactica, "The New Generation".  

As another new heavyweight product of MOSHOWTOYS X Class, [X Class - Battlestar Galactica - Cyclone Motorcycle] will continue the production process of X Class and further strengthen the sense of precision and mechanics of the physical product, while retaining the original deformation function, which will definitely bring you a different playing experience!  

Note: Please pay close attention to the latest news from Weibo and other official channels for product launch time and product information!

On 1/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Lensman has a very old history compared to Mospeada.

I didn't realize the 1984 film was directed by Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Wicked City/Ninja Scroll/Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust). I never heard particularly good things about it, but I do love dumb '80s anime sci-fi, haha. Maybe I'll give it a watch.

Back on topic, man, I wish I liked any of the Genesis Breakers stuff. The fluff is so incongruous with the original show.

17 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Whoa. How are moshow's quality v price point? 

So far, MoShow is doing great on their own Progenitor Effect line of mechas. It's big and sturdy. MoShow did the first 1/72 Strike Gundam and Buster Gundam. Regarding price, they're mostly playing between US$150-200. You can think of them like Metal Build releases only sturdier. ;) 

If ever, this is going to be their first transforming release. I'll probably wait to see the bike design first and decide from there if I'm going to get one. At this point, based on the image, it looks too mecha-ish instead of an exo suit for me. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

On 1/14/2023 at 1:56 PM, no3Ljm said:

So far, MoShow is doing great on their own Progenitor Effect line of mechas. It's big and sturdy. MoShow did the first 1/72 Strike Gundam and Buster Gundam. Regarding price, they're mostly playing between US$150-200. You can think of them like Metal Build releases only sturdier. ;) 

If ever, this is going to be their first transforming release. I'll probably wait to see the bike design first and decide from there if I'm going to get one. At this point, based on the image, it looks too mecha-ish instead of an exo suit for me. :rolleyes:

True, would like to see the bike design. From the looks of it bike mode is going to be quite chunky.

Not to mention what scale would this be..