59 minutes ago, captain america said:

I realize we're talking about transforming motorcycles here, and left realism in the rear view mirror, but I just... Why does the pilot's helmet have a crash bar right in the pilot's line of vision?!?  Shameless plug: there are ways to design a helmet that offers impact/crash protection without obscuring visibility... if only they'd try a lil' harder.

005.jpg

Judging by second image, I think the crash bar was removed in the art below.

Had to pop open the second blowsperior since my first was missing a wheel. That one was giving me problems on the chest transformation. It’s like a hand grenade. If you don’t line up the parts just right it will launch the tiny head five feet in the air. With armor on, they’re definitely clunky looking. In bike mode the rider holds on to the handles really tight and sit well. I kinda prefer them on the bike. They get into pretty good poses, but the armor puts some limits, but not as bad as expected 

926FD674-74D8-43CB-B4F0-58705ED7276C.jpeg

E48BC321-845C-4985-9AD5-005CA65F68BF.jpeg

EC831D32-E4B3-4736-A937-797F0A6DAD79.jpeg

B18FEF98-259C-4264-8134-00A7A3B82B88.jpeg

360A39EE-57D0-491D-838A-32B092FE20EA.jpegIf you have ordered these make sure to watch the instruction video on the previous page, the included instructions are kinda confusing. The video will save a lot of time and frustration. Once you transform one, the next one is super easy.

Edited by Big s

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Video of MEP TOYS invid Scout

It was not the video itself, but the comments that surprised me:

Meiccoms E&P

Most of the references I found have the same color as the body

😨 Is MEP color-blind?  

I mean, apart from not even watching the anime, their own packaging art shows the cherry-red eye behind the maroon armor. 🙄

Edited by tekering

As much as there are clearly issues with the MEPToys products (which I have on order), and the b2five ones (also on order), and the Sentinel stuff (which, admittedly, I love, even though it is starting to look awfully fan-fiction-y)...

We have new stuff coming out for a relatively short-lived anime from almost FORTY YEARS AGO that I'm still kind of obsessed with.

The fact that we're getting all of this still, 4 decades later, makes me happy, even if I also have plenty of gripes about the details.

As long as Sentinel shows us a colored prototype of their Tread whenever the next festival/toy fair is, I’ll happily plunk down some more cash to them.

At this point, it’s all gravy for me on the Mospeada front.

Just one more holy grail left for me.

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

As much as there are clearly issues with the MEPToys products (which I have on order), and the b2five ones (also on order), and the Sentinel stuff (which, admittedly, I love, even though it is starting to look awfully fan-fiction-y)...

We have new stuff coming out for a relatively short-lived anime from almost FORTY YEARS AGO that I'm still kind of obsessed with.

The fact that we're getting all of this still, 4 decades later, makes me happy, even if I also have plenty of gripes about the details.

I'll gripe about the eyeball issues, but I also already plunked down cash for two, plus a shocktrooper (and was one of the few who plunked down for a larger shocktrooper but not enough people got behind that). 

11 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Doesn't invalidate what I said.  :acute: It's hovertanks or bust! :D

Well, Mospeada has gotten some pretty good attention lately, who knows what other older anime will get some attention. Vifam and Zillion have had recent items and on the American side classics are coming back as well. Maybe you’ll get your Hovertank one day soon

13 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

WTF.

Toynami has no bounds. They actually polish turds. Wasn’t Evolution Toys Legioss a hot mess of problems right out the gate, just like the VF-2SS?

image.jpeg.9d48cc20219ab402a28693c9db870d65.jpeg

I can only hope that Sentinel never entertain any engagement with HG or Toynami. Riobot Legioss is such a great toy, that it should not be tarnished by those two companies.

Maybe it is a good thing that the Riobot Legioss is a pricier toy, I doubt HG/Toynami could convince Robotech heads to actually invest that money in a proper toy.

16 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

WTF.

Toynami has no bounds. They actually polish turds. Wasn’t Evolution Toys Legioss a hot mess of problems right out the gate, just like the VF-2SS?

I only ended up with the Shadow version, and that only so it could hang with the old 1/35 Gakkens. 

I really hope Sentinel focuses on the Tread first before these . . . umm . . . designs.

How exactly does this latest design work against the Inbit?  Do those giant hands have scissors and a shell cracker (don’t know what else to call it) to crack open the Inbit?

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

From Facebook:

93B045E9-D67A-4253-B5F8-BCCF28F6A21C.jpeg

Yeah. Abit too over the top by now.

Still, I used google translate and I was right about one “robot” being Samuel from Doom reboot. At least robot with human brain.

Not sure if the dead soldiers meant damaged ships carrying fallen ones on board or someone scavenged the floating wreckages orbiting Earth.

11 hours ago, Mog said:

I really hope Sentinel focuses on the Tread first before these . . . umm . . . designs.

How exactly does this latest design work against the Inbit?  Do those giant hands have scissors and a shell cracker (don’t know what else to call it) to crack open the Inbit?

83E9ACA7-0593-4771-9ABB-C9839ABDC921.gif.f699f5b4f0c66d784f42ff95766bdce2.gif

On 11/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, Mog said:

I suppose it isn't unreasonable you'd need a "power loader"-like mechanism for construction/etc... as well.  And strapped to a bike you can have heavy lifting equipment on the go quickly.  And if you've got massively strong robot arms you can also do massive damage in hand-to-hand

On 11/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

WTF.

Hmmm, the Zeta in this HG picture has a slightly different paint job, more white on the wings vs. the Evo Toys release. 

Genesis Climber MOSPEADA: LEGIOSS ZETA (Robotech Red Alpha Fighter) - EVOLUTION  TOY - Hobby Spirit

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 10:01 PM, RavenHawk said:

Maybe it's a MotoSlave type of thing going on, trying to honor another Aramaki work (without, you know, as graceful of an approach)?

Rereading this, you've hit the nail on the head as far as my distaste for these designs go.  They are everything BUT graceful! :blink: