On 9/30/2022 at 6:35 AM, Perxion said:

Me again😉
This time I wanted to share this project. As soon as I paint it I'll upload new photos!

Thank you and enjoy!

Mekanimuss.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

That looks fantastic, and it looks like you've got your printer dialed in really well. I haven't used any of my resin ones in a few months, but it might be time to get back to it.

Love to see something like this available some day.

Got the Hobby Japan Vintage #8 this weekend, very good issue. Lots of good pictures and information and nice to see the Imai/LS/Gakken model pictures.
Pick it up-definitely worth it (install Google translate on your phone and go to town)

1 hour ago, enphily said:

I like it more than previous. But i still want bigger foots for female characters

That's it!  One of the things that's bothered me most about these "modern" designs is how all the figures are wearing high heels and stilettos.  Dumb, dumb design decision.  Gimme the bigger feet of the OG every day.

9 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

That's it!  One of the things that's bothered me most about these "modern" designs is how all the figures are wearing high heels and stilettos.  Dumb, dumb design decision.  Gimme the bigger feet of the OG every day.

モスピーダ外伝-2 Seems that it wasn't the female with heels.
Seems that all Armor had heels in new design as well.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:10 AM, roboemo said:

モスピーダ外伝-2 Seems that it wasn't the female with heels.
Seems that all Armor had heels in new design as well.

Blocky heels I don't mind.  It's the pointy high-heeled look that even Sentinel gave their female rider.  Yes, she's a girl, no need to give her high heels in combat armour.

On 10/16/2022 at 3:11 AM, CoryHolmes said:

It may not be as dumb as it looks. While the older design with big feet was aesthetically pleasing in its own 80s way, big feet really do hamper mobility. If you've ever tried walking with snowshoes, or oversized boots, you quickly realize how easy it is to trip over your own feet, so in that sense, smaller is preferred: better dexterity, quicker, more precise movement The other interesting aspect of the MOSPEADA boot design is that in either version, the driver's foot doesn't extend all the way down into the foot of the boot: the latter is itself almost a prosthetic that elevates the wearer and affords him/her important protection from mines or other types of IEDs. Like a better version of these.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 2.29.16 PM.png

42 minutes ago, captain america said:

It may not be as dumb as it looks. While the older design with big feet was aesthetically pleasing in its own 80s way, big feet really do hamper mobility. If you've ever tried walking with snowshoes, or oversized boots, you quickly realize how easy it is to trip over your own feet, so in that sense, smaller is preferred: better dexterity, quicker, more precise movement The other interesting aspect of the MOSPEADA boot design is that in either version, the driver's foot doesn't extend all the way down into the foot of the boot: the latter is itself almost a prosthetic that elevates the wearer and affords him/her important protection from mines or other types of IEDs. Like a better version of these.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 2.29.16 PM.png

Gene Simmons had some of those, but his were armored for better protection 

1B972445-C3E4-4791-9E9B-DCA5B1F0CDE4.jpeg

On 10/21/2022 at 11:32 AM, captain america said:

The other interesting aspect of the MOSPEADA boot design is that in either version, the driver's foot doesn't extend all the way down into the foot of the boot: the latter is itself almost a prosthetic that elevates the wearer and affords him/her important protection from mines or other types of IEDs. Like a better version of these.

I've always head-canoned that as the boots being part of the power suit when in Battloid mode.  So the human's squishy feet aren't bearing all the weight of the mecha on his back.

1755552867_mospi_vr0381l_web7-800x800(2).jpg.efe7e5a09966000d7ef10c176a91d421.jpg

But these?  These aren't anywhere near that kind of style.  This is as bothersome to me as exaggerated bust lines on Arcee toys.

Edited by CoryHolmes

Well, the legs get extended for Ride Armor mode in both the male versions and female versions.

So, there would be some oddball voodoo magic going on with the lads’ and Houquet’s legs and/or feet if their actual feet were in the foot part of the armor.

19 hours ago, danth said:

This makes me wish CMs would re-release their ride armors with the problems fixed.

If it weren't for the breaking windshields, forearm plates not attaching in bike mode, and non-spinning wheels, they would have been near perfect.

Still definitely enjoy all of mine. Never had any issues except for the chrome parts (chrome versions) being ridiculously fragile, and I think one  of my female character had a break where the "female" sizing made the plastic too small.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ff6dkWjUcAAPwYo.jpg.3a32cb8364ba5128ed5769eac1000042.jpg

Was this posted before? Just saw someone commenting on the old mospeada series but looking forward to the new series...pic is from hobby japan it seems. 

Haha the arm missiles looked like it came off Macross Delta Armored before, now the shoulder missiles look like it got pilfered from the VF-1 GBP.. :p

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Haha the arm missiles looked like it came off Macross Delta Armored before, now the shoulder missiles look like it got pilfered from the VF-1 GBP.. :p

ok got it....judging from all the comments here, its a new pic not shown before! 😅

design is kinda all over the place..haha....

i suppose from a heavy unit point of view, the design would fit the role...

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, Big s said:

His face has a roll bar

1 hour ago, sketchley said:

Yeah... what's up with that?  How can he even see out of the helmet as it's right at the eye line?!?

1) emergency eject all handle bar?

2) handle bar to pull the heavy helmet back to the front?

3) deodorant/ornament hanger.