Somebody here mentioned something about looking at her face from the bottom… but I discovered that if the lighting comes from below, she loses the silly smile (upward curve on the sides of her mouth)… gives her kind of a scowling look. She’s actually growing on me the more I see her on display. But if someone successfully makes an accurate headsculpt, i hope they make it available for everyone who has a Houquet. 😊

B05D2397-6572-416E-9433-1B35B06ACDD5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I got Inspector97 to draw two fan arts this month.

df8z6ro-0364bcd3-eadd-4293-92c0-554e9c881cf6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQ3NTEwYWI2LTljMmMtNGFmYS1hY2JmLWNhZjMwMmE5YjIxNlwvZGY4ejZyby0wMzY0YmNkMy1lYWRkLTQyOTMtOTJjMC01NTRlOWM4ODFjZjYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.U7NzI0X90yUnCxWKVXCS22Dw3oLGj1VirCRRNDnG0jk

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/inspector97/art/Muslim-Officer-922071300 (The show didn't have one, but I just got an idea from Sci Fi Fashion Art book.)

df8z6yl-ed3b447d-f17d-4248-82b6-361f58a6ff23.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzQ3NTEwYWI2LTljMmMtNGFmYS1hY2JmLWNhZjMwMmE5YjIxNlwvZGY4ejZ5bC1lZDNiNDQ3ZC1mMTdkLTQyNDgtODJiNi0zNjFmNThhNmZmMjMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GbhE2M6e8PSPV4juTTC1_YO7kLKwD5kHJP0BBgwwMaU

Source: https://www.deviantart.com/inspector97/art/Technician-922071549 (Hat might need a bit of work, but Mospeada field cap fan art haven't been done until now.)

Edited by roboemo

Got a sweet deal from a local fellow collector on the Green Legioss. Brand new but with a very minor qc issue… missing one of the intake covers… which is why I ended up paying only $130 for this 😃Good thing I prefer displaying in fighter mode. Tried emailing Sentinel for a replacement but they only cater to Japan residents. 

Now my display is perfectly symmetrical. 

Can’t believe it’s been more than a decade since I’ve wanted to have a dedicated display shelf just for Mospeada stuff. Started with the Megahouse VRs and then the Toynami Cyclones… sold those off to fund these Riobot figures. I’ve been lucky with getting these… didn’t preorder anything and the most I paid for is $180 for Yellow/Lancer. The Zeta I just happened upon a small, local ToyCon while at the mall… chatted up the collector selling his stuff… bonded over 80’s stuff (Macross/Robotech, Voltes V, Transformers, Dragon ball…) and got a pretty good discount 😁

Plastic bliss…

0C888327-5811-4B49-998E-232C0B62D5D7.jpeg

Edited by m0n5t3r

51 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Got a sweet deal from a local fellow collector on the Green Legioss. Brand new but with a very minor qc issue… missing one of the intake covers… which is why I ended up paying only $130 for this 😃Good thing I prefer displaying in fighter mode. Tried emailing Sentinel for a replacement but they only cater to Japan residents. 

Now my display is perfectly symmetrical. 

Can’t believe it’s been more than a decade since I’ve wanted to have a dedicated display shelf just for Mospeada stuff. Started with the Megahouse VRs and then the Toynami Cyclones… sold those off to fund these Riobot figures. I’ve been lucky with getting these… didn’t preorder anything and the most I paid for is $180 for Yellow/Lancer. The Zeta I just happened upon a small, local ToyCon while at the mall… chatted up the collector selling his stuff… bonded over 80’s stuff (Macross/Robotech, Voltes V, Transformers, Dragon ball…) and got a pretty good discount 😁

Plastic bliss…

0C888327-5811-4B49-998E-232C0B62D5D7.jpeg

Congrats @m0n5t3r! ToyCon PH? Last time i attended one was way back in 2005 or 2006. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Congrats @m0n5t3r! ToyCon PH? Last time i attended one was way back in 2005 or 2006. ;) 

Thanks No3ljm.

I think it was on the same dates as ToyConPH but it was not at the main venue, some other SM Mall near us. Haven’t been to that mall in ages and was just gonna buy some home stuff and there it was, an MISB Riobot Legioss Zeta on the bottom shelf no one was paying any attention to. Everyone was busy ogling at the DX Voltes V and Carbotix Voltron. I was literally cradling it in my arms all while chatting up the owner for around 30 minutes before paying for it  😂🤣

Edited by m0n5t3r

4 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Thanks No3ljm.

I think it was on the same dates as ToyConPH but it was not at the main venue, some other SM Mall near us. Haven’t been to that mall in ages and was just gonna buy some home stuff and there it was, an MISB Riobot Legioss Zeta on the bottom shelf no one was paying any attention to. Everyone was busy ogling at the DX Voltes V and Carbotix Voltron. I was literally cradling it in my arms all while chatting up the owner for around 30 minutes before paying for it  😂🤣

Correct. We always go to Voltes V first. Technically disregarding the other gems laying around it. ;)  Again, congrats on the score. :good: 

4 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Anyone saw this? It looks like they tried to copy Sentinel's idea, but looks much worst

I like the modern take.  It's also larger at 9.5-10inches tall. I'm in if the quality is good and is more durable than Sentinel's.

26 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Anyone saw this? It looks like they tried to copy Sentinel's idea, but looks much worst

IMG-20220720-WA0022.jpg.8d686006f2e1cf640c95c3675f155d9a.jpgIMG-20220720-WA0021.jpg.0f274cd6ad3724fe98a032c7a6902a97.jpg

Wow, HG & Toynami being a bit a more crooked than normal. (Not unless they're working with Sentinel) 

I'm not thrilled with the Sentinel/Genesis Breakers designs all that much but what ever the hell that is looks bad, like really bad. 

13 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

It looks like they tried to copy Sentinel's idea, but looks much worst

Actually, applying the Gundam aesthetic makes more practical sense than Sentinel's redesign (particularly the boots)... but with a significantly larger bike design, the pilot is quickly getting lost in the mecha.

Regardless, "Robotech" and "Masterpiece" don't belong in the same sentence. 😒

Was just gonna say that the Gundam-esque feet immediately stood out..

I'm all for redesign, but part of the Ride-Armors' appeal to me are the simpler lines and blocky 80's mech aesthetic. Sentinel seem to have struck a nice balance between that with some nice choice updates (or rather, the Mospeada Complete Art Works book cover they were based on). 

MoShow's redesign seem to have swung a bit too far off.. If may work better if they did this based on some hypothetical new ride armor. But doing it as Stick's just looks weird. It's recognisably Stick's, but it doesn't feel like Stick's..

Edited by MKT

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Regardless, "Robotech" and "Masterpiece" don't belong in the same sentence. 😒

Oh hush, you :p

8 hours ago, MKT said:

I'm all for redesign, but part of the Ride-Armors' appeal to me are the simpler lines and blocky 80's mech aesthetic.

This is a very good point.  It's almost like this new redesign is trying too hard.  But I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

No lengthening of the legs in armor mode?

And the head greeblies look like someone trying to evoke a VF-1J feel. :nea:

I have a bad feeling the kewl add-ons may muck things up on the design end, along with trying to upscale Sentinel’s design.

3 minutes ago, Mog said:

^^It probably will “go” (break off) when going between bike mode and armor mode! :ph34r:

If its made by Moshow, that may not be the case. Their releases are solid. Some of their most recent figures are bangers. Now if we have the option to remove them I may be in for one as I missed the previous Sentinel releases.

Edited by Alphahorizon

I’m not going to buy these since they’re so far from the look that I want from a Mospeada toy, but I’m still curious about them. How has Moshow handled transformable toys?

I know they’ve done some ripoff gundam stuff that’s non transforming, but I really haven’t paid that much attention to them, so I was just wondering about their transforming toys, or if they’ve had any.

Taking a break from the Toynami news, it’s still a minor miracle we got nice renditions of the full Ride Armor crew in a larger scale.

Especially, considering the we got this crazy inflation/economic nuttiness going on now.  (Looks back at the Beagle Houquet prototype and the recession that hit soon after, and wonders what if).

And despite Sentinel’s insistence of sticking Houquet with that hot pink color.

#HouquetRouge!

F1E7D0AF-9A37-4A79-8AF0-E1377BDD76B9.jpeg.3309e77ecd486c76f1cd916da0c7434b.jpeg