6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That pink is terrible.:bad:

Why do you think I’m repainting it, despite the risk of getting more chips and flakes on it than a Lays and Doritos factory full of shaggy haired teens with dandruff?

It’s a damn good sculpt ruined by Sentinel’s insistence to make Houquet pink.

. . . Changing gears a little, seeing the unhelmeted head in the box, I wonder if pointing the chin up will help the face look more like Houquet?  The facesculpt looks a little more pissed from that extreme angle and it kinda shrinks the vertical gap between the eyes and the nose.

@Mog Can you confirm if the face with helmet is better looking than the one without? Thanks! :hi:

Also, for those who missed it the first time or just wants their seconds, thirds and forths, etc. HLJ and HobbySearch still has some Houquet in stock. :good: 

https://www.hlj.com/1-12-scale-riobot-genesis-climber-mospeada-1-12-vr-038l-bartley-houquet-set88053

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10830043

So, this is what I meant about the face looking a little more pissed, depending on the angle:

F26EF403-4739-47DF-A19B-0FF42430F6B9.jpeg.ef6ab534a16d12bc1216311df0568f64.jpeg

Similar angle for the helmeted face:

3813A269-14E6-4A58-BB7B-D3ABAF65A798.jpeg.80ae13692cd7c338390a8e795ae37b8e.jpeg

Not sure how much we can tilt the head back to get this angle though.

Miss Magenta arrived today and, to be honest, I find that the color isn't nearly as obnoxious as some pictures and comments made it seem; to be sure, if it were redder in hue and a bit less saturated it would've been a whole lot better, but it's not bad and I'm just glad to have a large scale, complete set, of Ride Armor figures.

not able to pickup my package until the weekend , but comparing other videos and photos it looks like the reason why the Bazooka is aiming up instead of straight is because the front of the bike headlight area is not facing straight.    not sure if its after transforming it or it came out like that from the factory , but many of the photos and videos have the headlights tilting up a bit. 

image.png.3557eeae56393dbf879a66b3099e3eaf.png

image.png.ee53a968d9e7483e65aacb80e5b15108.png

The other thing to watch out for is that the windshield and grey instrument panel may not be completely pulled out all the way for bike mode.

Mine came out of the packaging looking gappy, because the windshield was partially pushed in.

Everything should look flush like that first prototype pic in your post @F360.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

The other thing to watch out for is that the windshield and grey instrument panel may not be completely pulled out all the way for bike mode.

Mine came out of the packaging looking gappy, because the windshield was partially pushed in.

Everything should look flush like that first prototype pic in your post @F360.

Good to know . thx.  

7 hours ago, F360 said:

the reason why the Bazooka is aiming up instead of straight is because the front of the bike headlight area is not facing straight.

The front fairing is attached with ball joints, so there's actually a great deal of freedom there...

fairing.jpg.45286467caa44186d5e1de1956c93e2b.jpg

Nothing.

Her bazooka actually can clip into that little indent right above that spot.  But that actual grey spot doesn’t do anything.

My guess?  They’ll probably clip on some weapons in those various slots for those Genesis Breaker figures they’re planning for the future.

. . . Which Sentinel can do AFTER the Tread, NOT BEFORE. <_<

14 minutes ago, Mog said:

Nothing.

Her bazooka actually can clip into that little indent right above that spot.  But that actual grey spot doesn’t do anything.

My guess?  They’ll probably clip on some weapons in those various slots for those Genesis Breaker figures they’re planning for the future.

. . . Which Sentinel can do AFTER the Tread, NOT BEFORE. <_<

Thanks @Mog. Looking at it again, I think Ley has that too on this left arm armor. Yeah, probably it's just for nothing.

2 minutes ago, enphily said:

You can swap missiles between Stick and Houquet, i think

PXL_20220428_065346630~2.jpg

Oh. That's so cool! I didn't know that you can just pull Stick's missile pods out from the armor. It wasn't glued or something? Thanks for sharing this pic, @enphily! :good: :hi:

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh. That's so cool! I didn't know that you can just pull Stick's missile pods out from the armor. It wasn't glued or something? Thanks for sharing this pic, @enphily! :good: :hi:

At least on my copy it's not glued, but a little bit scary to remove

Got her yesterday, and...

Yes she is Pink... but... I still love her aesthetics... Its not perfect for the price, but not that bad either that i have regrets of getting her at all, quite happy actually, but yes, red would have been better.  I would still pick it again if having to decide between this version and the black camera girl version when choosing only one.  Ideal would have been flat red or flat metallic (sparkly) red.

Yes, its not the best facial expression or eyes size on helmetless head... but... I still love her aesthetics with it...  it is quite usable still, and happy to at least have the extra head.  I may get eye decals if i can find any eventually, not sure where to look, but if not, no biggy, just that i would have liked a more happy and joyful face expression with bigger funny eyes.

Yes, its glossy surface vs prefered flat... but... I still love her aesthetics... not perfect at all for the price, but, damn its still very nice.

Havent transformed her yet, not sure i will or when i will, just going to enjoy posing and playing in bike mode and using the display stand for a while,, with different head options.  It's quite good for posing as is.  Not sure how much it will add to transform her, but will decide later..  Still very happy with my purchase, unless i break her while transforming 😛

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I just shipped mine out along with my 31AX so I'm just now catching up on this thread.

What do you guys use to strip the paint off the inside of the helmet visor?

Same here. My Houquet and Mirage now are in HLJ PW. Just waiting another item mid-May before I will be able to ship everything.

Also regarding the visor, I saw this on Twitter, in which I posted the photos a couple of pages ago. He used IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) to remove the paint.

To remove the paint in the helmet visor, just use a few rubbing alcohol pads, a q-tip (or 2 or 3), and a crap-ton of elbow grease.  Eventually, the silver paint will rub off.

From what I remember, one guy used Tamiya Smoke Clear and whatever Tamiya Clear color to make the visor a little more opaque.

Regarding painting the bike, there's a few spots that are just ball-and-socket joints that are relatively easy to pop off.  The front/chest assembly, the forearm armors, and the hip guards are fairly easy to pop off.  Makes it a little easier to paint.

The red paint I'm using is P3 Skorne Red.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. My Houquet and Mirage now are in HLJ PW. Just waiting another item mid-May before I will be able to ship everything.

Also regarding the visor, I saw this on Twitter, in which I posted the photos a couple of pages ago. He used IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol) to remove the paint.

Its not tinted enough though.  Would have been nice to have another accessory set by @captain america.

5 hours ago, Mog said:

That’s some fast work, @tekering:good:

Nah, that's just a Photoshop mock-up.  I'm far too busy to actually do anything more than swap faces on Houquet for the time being...

Ms. Emrose’s other bike is still undergoing improvements here at Moggy’s workshop:

Are you repainting the bike by hand😶