While I appreciate LEKs talent which I think we can all agree is incredible, I just don't think the Mospeada planes lend themselves well to his skillset. Macross Valks and especially TF'ers seem to my eye to look the best. That being said....I wonder what the old 1/10 Toynami/Beagle Cyclones would look like if he did a pair of those???

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

While I appreciate LEKs talent which I think we can all agree is incredible, I just don't think the Mospeada planes lend themselves well to his skillset. Macross Valks and especially TF'ers seem to my eye to look the best. That being said....I wonder what the old 1/10 Toynami/Beagle Cyclones would look like if he did a pair of those???

I was looking at the previous page at those red an blue ones and in smaller pictures, I get what you guys are saying. But as soon as I expand the pictures a bit the effects work really well. The outer dark lines tie in the paint job and these aren’t super small toys, so I bet in person they look impressive. I really like how they had turned out

Just like I pointed out from the last page, the cel-shaded effect on the Legioss felt too much against the VF-1's. I did some a quick mock-up on how the Legioss will look besides LEK's VF-1S. This is based on their height measurements. VF-1 is 26.5cm. Legioss at 16.5cm.

LEK_vf1s_legioss.jpg.8cb836f5c236411ab3118570599fc8bd.jpg

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I agree 100%. Where I gush over the VF-1's. The Legioss are doing it for me. Certainly not for what they cost!

I think the 1/10 Ride Armors would look absolutely incredible! If I could get some nice "pajamas' for mine (yeah, I know they can be "fixed") I would even consider having LEK do one.

VF-1 incredible. Legioss........meh.

LEK_vf1s_legioss.jpg

Edited by sqidd

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just like I pointed out from the last page, the cel-shaded effect on the Legioss felt too much against the VF-1's. I did some a quick mock-up on how the Legioss will look besides LEK's VF-1S. This is based on their height measurements. VF-1 is 26.5cm. Legioss at 16.5cm.

LEK_vf1s_legioss.jpg.8cb836f5c236411ab3118570599fc8bd.jpg

I’m looking at this and the pictures are even smaller now, but to me if you increase the size of the picture it looks great and doesn’t have to be real life size. When I increase the size to a real life size of the toys they look great together 

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m looking at this and the pictures are even smaller now, but to me if you increase the size of the picture it looks great and doesn’t have to be real life size. When I increase the size to a real life size of the toys they look great together 

Understood. But what I'm just pointing out is that for the VF-1, he did a simple cel-shade approach. Not all surfaces have it. Whereas with Legioss, the cel-shade effect is busier.

Would be nice to see another take on the Legioss cel-shade approach in-scale with the VF-1. Like they popped out from the same show or something. ;) 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Understood. But what I'm just pointing out is that for the VF-1, he did a simple cel-shade approach. Not all surfaces have it. Whereas with Legioss, the cel-shade effect is busier.

There are less facets on the VF-1 too which makes it look far less busy.

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There are less facets on the VF-1 too which makes it look far less busy.

Yup. I pointed that out as well as one of the reason why it felt too much on the Legioss on the previous page.

While there is no doubt that LEK is very talented, I must say that choice of light green is very distracting, it has to much of a yellow hue to it (how it looks on my screen). It looks much more like a camouflage pattern than what was intended.

A lighter bluish or mint shade of green would be a better choice if it were my custom request. Hopefully the customer is super happy with the results.

Edited by 505thAirborne

dont mind me, just waiting on news / release of RED Cyclone...

been dry for me personally on any purchases of collectible for at least 8 months now, awaiting this one basically... yeah, feels long even for an "ex" plastic addict such as myself ;)

Edited by Arthurius

1 hour ago, Arthurius said:

dont mind me, just waiting on news / release of RED Cyclone...

been dry for me personally on any purchases of collectible for at least 8 months now, awaiting this one basically... yeah, feels long even for an "ex" plastic addict such as myself ;)

That's ok. I think everyone is just anxious for this release. But what's exactly a 'Cyclone'? :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, most online Japanese shops still says April release. With all the things that's going on lately when it comes to productions and schedules, hopefully this one will not get delayed anymore. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Kidding aside, most online Japanese shops still says April release.

Amazon.jp says April 30, meaning it'll ship at the beginning of May... and international shipments will likely be delayed until May 6th, after Golden Week.

So expect to wait another six weeks or so (unless you ordered from a US retailer like BigBadToyStore, of course). ^_^

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Amazon.jp says April 30, meaning it'll ship at the beginning of May... and international shipments will likely be delayed until May 6th, after Golden Week.

So expect to wait another six weeks or so (unless you ordered from a US retailer like BigBadToyStore, of course). ^_^

As long that it's not going to pushed back anymore the April release, I'm fine with it. I mean, we've all been waiting for Houquet's bike to be made, so what's another month in terms of logistics. ;) 

42 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

Do you guys think Riobot would consider making the Bubblegum Crisis MOTO-SLAVE?

*Is it logical; considering their close relationship to Aramaki Shinji ??

P.S. Counting the days until the Bartley's arrive woohoO!!(waiting for 30+ years)

Probably they can. But it depends on the studio/licensor who owns Bubblegum Crisis. Having a relation with Aramaki might probably add to their favor. But then, you also have to see if there's a demands for it too. ;) 

39 minutes ago, Mog said:

So after we finally get Houquet and the Bartley, how long of a grace period do we give Sentinel before we start asking about the Tread? :ph34r:

After they receive their 2nd Booster shots. :lol:

:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Glasswave said:

Do you guys think Riobot would consider making the Bubblegum Crisis MOTO-SLAVE?

*Is it logical; considering their close relationship to Aramaki Shinji ??

P.S. Counting the days until the Bartley's arrive woohoO!!(waiting for 30+ years)

Personally, I would LOVE to see this happen (I have a shelf for CMs ride armors and Yamato Motoslaves, since it's all Aramaki at roughly the same scale, and the same for some model kits that are close).

I feel like, ability-wise, they could do it fairly easily, when you look at the different designs from Sentinel and Riobot. However, it would probably depend on if there's any market for it.

I want to say that they tend to go for things that will allow a lot of uses for the same mold, and where there is a current market (i.e. the Marvel stuff), but then again, they've been doing some very random one-offs too, so who knows?

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's ok. I think everyone is just anxious for this release. But what's exactly a 'Cyclone'? :rolleyes:

Kidding aside, most online Japanese shops still says April release. With all the things that's going on lately when it comes to productions and schedules, hopefully this one will not get delayed anymore. ;) 

So currently May 2022, huh, ok, good to know that is sort of original expectations, which may get delayed.  I have my preorder up with HLJ, but wondering if i should switch to a China located one like Show Z, to avoid Tax / Duty, as i live in Canada.  It will probably be a few extra months of wait though...lol.   Also, there is mandarake that may have one available at release, and not caring about boxes, that might work for me.  Lets see, who knows, i might not be patient by then... ;)

I stopped all collection of my 3rd party Transformers until i can get my Hooket, as it was the 1 figure I wanted back when 3 - 4 companies were making these and they almost all stopped when they got to Hooket...

Edited by Arthurius

• 2 weeks later...

^^Same here:  I've had a space ready for the rouge girl for a few years now.  I have a few ideas I'll do with the Ride Armors first.  But gonna wait until I have all four of them together to see how I want to get the final display done up.

The Tread?  I got an idea in mind, but have to see what the final dimensions of the big burly bastard turn out to be, in order to see if it's even possible.