So kinda had topics

- Any idea on Mospeada Genesis Breakers, seems to be quiet 2 years after announcement?

- Also maybe discussion on how Houqet got her Cyclone (taken from crashsite? Stolen? Maybe initially planned to be Jupiter Base soldier?)

33 minutes ago, roboemo said:

- Any idea on Mospeada Genesis Breakers, seems to be quiet 2 years after announcement?

No new updates regarding Genesis Breakers.

33 minutes ago, roboemo said:

So kinda had topics

- Also maybe discussion on how Houqet got her Cyclone (taken from crashsite? Stolen? Maybe initially planned to be Jupiter Base soldier?)

From what I searched it mentioned she salvaged/found the Jupiter Base's Mospeada Bartley after she left the bike gang.

It was supposed to be for a new line of merchandise but COVID must have introduced enough production problems that Sentinel had to reduce the # of new products per year and things that weren't guaranteed winners got cut. They probably put some resources into it though so maybe if things get going really good again it will pop back up.

1 hour ago, roboemo said:

So kinda had topics

This has kind of bothered me every time I rewatch the original or even New Gen. I don't lose sleep over it, but it is a little annoyance. She showed up already extremely good with the bike, as though trained on it, but no mention of how. RT complicates it further by having Jupiter Base be the mission arriving AFTER she already has it. I don't recall any of the background info in the concept books covering it, but others probably are more familiar with all of that than I am.

13 minutes ago, jenius said:

It was supposed to be for a new line of merchandise but COVID must have introduced enough production problems that Sentinel had to reduce the # of new products per year and things that weren't guaranteed winners got cut. They probably put some resources into it though so maybe if things get going really good again it will pop back up.

Sentinel has re-ramped up new products in a big way, but they all seem to be things with mass appeal (i.e. Marvel stuff) or items where the same molds can get reused A LOT. I think we're only seeing Houquet because the base figure is already coming out for another line. Maybe when they get some profits back in, they'll look at things like Genesis Breakers and be willing to invest in the new molds.

I thought the Robotech novels or some other source made Rook's father one of the pioneers of the Cyclone mecha with the implication being that she somehow got her armor from him. 

Jupiter Base and Mars Base sent waves to assault Earth. With Robotech's squishier canon, it's easy to imagine Jupiter Base contributed troops and mecha to one of the early assaults on Earth. 

16 hours ago, jenius said:

I thought the Robotech novels or some other source made Rook's father one of the pioneers of the Cyclone mecha with the implication being that she somehow got her armor from him. 

Jupiter Base and Mars Base sent waves to assault Earth. With Robotech's squishier canon, it's easy to imagine Jupiter Base contributed troops and mecha to one of the early assaults on Earth. 

Not that it really matters, since this is RT we're talking about here, and not the original material, but I recently re-read all of the novels and don't recall any mention of that. The novels present Mars Base and Jupiter Base as not being literal bases that sent troops (which is how I always pictured it as a kid), but as the names for the missions. Therein, the final mission was named "Jupiter Base"... which makes no sense. Then again, re-reading those over a fairly short period a couple months ago, maybe I'm misremembering.

I think the concept art books for the actual MOSPEADA showed how divisions of Mars joined up with ones from Jupiter's moons, which made more sense, but again, memory is fuzzy.

Oh right, I was mixing up Mospeada and Robotech on the "base" stuff. REF is sending troops back rather than them being local in system. I can't find that bit about Rook's father being a Cyclone developer anywhere so I have no idea where I picked that up, probably old forum misinformation that should be disregarded, sorry. 

Hell, this thread will go bonkers as soon as painted prototype pics get posted to the Internets.

But first, Houquet and the Bartley will blow this thread up in late April or early May.

2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

We need a Mospeada related wallet getting blown up GIF for just this occasion. B))

Well, Stig isn’t known for being judicious with his RPG’s and missiles.  Should be a ton of gifs available.

24 minutes ago, Mog said:

Well, Stig isn’t known for being judicious with his RPG’s and missiles.  Should be a ton of gifs available.

Something like this blowing up a Wallet would be cool! 

mospeada | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Also LEK Custom toys is working on a Sentinel Legioss. 

No photo description available.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

The internet will explode 💥 when that PO is announced! :lol:

52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not just the internet. Our wallets as well. :lol: 

no-money-please.gif

41 minutes ago, Mog said:

Hell, this thread will go bonkers as soon as painted prototype pics get posted to the Internets.

But first, Houquet and the Bartley will blow this thread up in late April or early May.

^_^

52 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

We need a Mospeada related wallet getting blown up GIF for just this occasion. B))

25 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Something like this blowing up a Wallet would be cool! 

mospeada | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Roger! Will try to squeeze it in my schedule. :good: 

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Not that it really matters, since this is RT we're talking about here, and not the original material, but I recently re-read all of the novels and don't recall any mention of that. The novels present Mars Base and Jupiter Base as not being literal bases that sent troops (which is how I always pictured it as a kid), but as the names for the missions. Therein, the final mission was named "Jupiter Base"... which makes no sense. Then again, re-reading those over a fairly short period a couple months ago, maybe I'm misremembering.

I think the concept art books for the actual MOSPEADA showed how divisions of Mars joined up with ones from Jupiter's moons, which made more sense, but again, memory is fuzzy.

I remember that. Sadly no uniform color or equipment color though.

We did see a Mara Base uniform with green jumpsuit in Wolf episode.