14 minutes ago, Mog said:

RT’s from a copied and poorly translated language!  😜

In all seriousness, Mospeada is one of the few animes where some of the characters are from South America.

Back to the Tread, I hope I’m able to squeeze that combined fighter into a Detolf.  Gonna be tricky with the figures I already have in that shelf:

D4C2591A-DABB-47F5-B6E6-9939C42522F5.jpeg.1fae871057458d116e34f9982e7eba59.jpeg

On 9/4/2021 at 10:25 PM, levzloi said:

Finally got all three on the shelf, now if Sentinel will only release a TREAD. 

IMG_5593.jpg

If it's near the size of the Toynami, it might be possible if you fold the wings into the arms, but I wouldn't count on it.  This case is near twice as wide as a Detolf, and one of the wings has to be partially folded.   (edit) Once again, the Toynami is HUGE, if the Riobot is close to it's size, display in fighter mode may be very problematic for some. 

Edited by levzloi

Just took measurements of the Toynami Beta’s wingspan:  it’s a shade below 18 inches.

Assuming they’re close in size, it’ll be a tight fit and require some angling and tilting.  But it “might” be doable.

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say $350-$400.  Although it is size-ably larger the transformation mechanism doesn't seem as necessarily complicated as the Legioss either.

I wonder how soon this will go up for pre-order?  Unlike the Arcadia 5000 that is still taped together this looks like it's pretty solid now.  I could see this being a late 22/early 23 release unlike the 5000 which is earliest December 23.

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

I am from the end of the world, literal end of the world, take a look my city on the attached map.

and there if Robotech arrived in the 80's   (further south than Scott landed (Stick)😉)

I think that it is rather a generational issue and not one of location.

image.png.ec1b0f325d8aa444b6015d28cd3c164e.png

One day I want to go down there, what city do you live in?

48 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and say $350-$400.  Although it is size-ably larger the transformation mechanism doesn't seem as necessarily complicated as the Legioss either.

I wonder how soon this will go up for pre-order?  Unlike the Arcadia 5000 that is still taped together this looks like it's pretty solid now.  I could see this being a late 22/early 23 release unlike the 5000 which is earliest December 23.

I like this and the 5000 to be released next year. Since everything is slow nowadays, I don't mind the wait. As long that it's a lock-in product ready to be produced, I'll wait till next year. More time to save. ;) 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I like this and the 5000 to be released next year. Since everything is slow nowadays, I don't mind the wait. As long that it's a lock-in product ready to be produced, I'll wait till next year. More time to save. ;) 

What exactly is this 5000 you guys are talking about?

nm I just saw the thread.

Edited by Sandman

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

If you didn't grow up in the early 80's in the US (Robotech) or Japan (Mospeada) it would be really easy to miss it. I don't know if the show aired anywhere else.

Robotech aired here in South Africa and the Matchbox toys were in stores. 

I'd say Robotech aired pretty much everywhere in the 80's.

10 hours ago, Perxion said:

I think that it is rather a generational issue and not one of location.

Correct. 

9 hours ago, Mog said:

What's the "tip to back" measurement you're getting for your Sentinel Legioss/Toynami Beta combo, @sqidd?

For the all Toynami fighter combo, I'm getting 17 inches total.

Just curious.

Almost exactly the same. And the wingspan is almost exactly the same as that. So, unless the TREAD wings stick out half way down the length of them combined (which they're not even close to), it can't be angled across a Detolf.

52 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

Am I being greedy wanting to see a pic of the Legioss and this new tread actually connected?

That'll be at Sumer Wonderfest, as it is, it appears to have the connector piece integrated at least.

19 hours ago, levzloi said:

If it's near the size of the Toynami, it might be possible if you fold the wings into the arms, but I wouldn't count on it.  This case is near twice as wide as a Detolf, and one of the wings has to be partially folded.   (edit) Once again, the Toynami is HUGE, if the Riobot is close to it's size, display in fighter mode may be very problematic for some. 

those reds actually almost match....while i would LOVE a totally new TLEAD/TREAD/Beta, if its totally bonkers in price, maybe i'll just dig out my old red beta and do that.  haha.  was only planning on getting 1 of the sentintel's anyway.  from teh picture it looks just as big or maybe bigger than toynamis?  thats just my impressino though...no calculations made.

Probably equal in size to the Toynami or a shade smaller?

76A84C53-D02B-4E05-BBC3-B2E286FBAB35.jpeg.80ba42f4b2a13901eab58086af53a44a.jpeg

It might be the Sentinel Tread’s wings throwing things off, but that Tread soldier mode prototype looks pretty large.

EDIT:  I’m guessing the chest won’t be as wide as the Toynami, since their Tread won’t have to accommodate the over extended legs and thrusters of the Toynami Alpha.  If you look at the Toynami Beta’s hip areas, you’ll see they’re gappy as heck in bomber mode.

Edited by Mog

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

So you guys think it's bigger than the CM's? 

Lansay-Tread-18-1.jpg

Really hard to say without seeing them side by side like on your site.  In all the pictures I've seen the Legioss is closer to the camera, and they didn't pose it connected, soooo?  Given that these are all a slight reimagining, I wouldn't be surprised to seem them go big as long as it looks good, and I think the Toynami Alpha/Beta look pretty good at their scales, the CM look a tad bit diminutive even if it is animation accurate for the majority of the scenes.  Just my 2 cents. 

edit, also those wings are really really long, easily together more than the width of the body, really takes you by surprise when you handle it. 

Edited by levzloi

24 minutes ago, levzloi said:

edit, also those wings are really really long, easily together more than the width of the body, really takes you by surprise when you handle it. 

Let's just hope that it's just mis-transformed. Upon looking at the photo again, it looks like there's some space and hinge mechanism that's probably needed the wing to push down further(?).

tlead.jpg.5f8f7488efcbbc48c9dc309594b2f96e.jpg

This Tread is very big enough, so for me I really don't mind whether it's anime-accurate or not. As long that it's going to look great combined, displayed beside the Legioss Armo-Soldier mode, or just on its own and fits in our cabinets, I'm all for that. Besides Sentinel's Legioss and its Armor Bikes/Ride Armors is not anime-accurate to begin with, and doesn't crumble down the line, I'm not too picky anymore. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

The good thing is that there’s nothing really too disturbing in the design choices so far with this prototype.

They’ve shrunk the bomber mode gaps, look like they’ve solved the cockpit and sternum problem (that doesn’t look out of scale with the Legioss cockpit), and appear to have integrated the connecting boom into the Tread itself.

If they can make the connection solid enough for swooshing around, we may have a game-changing successor.

But let’s just hold off on giving the crown just yet.

. . . I am curious too if they’ll add missiles for the wings and a big honkin’ Gatling gun. :D

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

those reds actually almost match....while i would LOVE a totally new TLEAD/TREAD/Beta, if its totally bonkers in price, maybe i'll just dig out my old red beta and do that.  haha.  was only planning on getting 1 of the sentintel's anyway.  from teh picture it looks just as big or maybe bigger than toynamis?  thats just my impressino though...no calculations made.

Yeah, they work pretty well together, not perfect, but good enough that I don't have an issue displaying it that way.  The red Beta is the only one I have, so I'm not sure how close the other colors are.  One of my favorite purchases actually, only my third "Valk", picked it up new in box for less than $100 five years ago. 

Edited by levzloi