8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Thank you.

Just deciding if I should wait for a BBTS preorder, since the last ones were $199 on there (with essentially free shipping, considering how much I keep in my Pile of Loot) and I don't mind waiting a little, as long as I get it.

I ordered Houquet at AmiAmi.

8 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

Oh no, not until they finally release my shadow fighter! 😛

If it's just a new head, I'm not sure how interested I might be.  if its actually a redesign and re-imagining of the shadow fighter or drone with an updated sculpt, that might be interesting.

I think between the Shadow Fighter / Drones, Sue Graham or the Tread - I'm definitely the most excited about the Treads. But I would buy all of it. I've loved all the Sentinel Mospeada stuff so far but now that they're releasing Houquet they've earned enough goodwill they can pretty much make whatever they want. 

21 hours ago, Podtastic said:

As long as its unplanned this time we should be OK (barring giant meteor strikes).

NASA have announced Yesterday an Asteroid/Meteorite heading this way.  HAHAHA  You just had to jinx it.

My moreso concern Are the Politicians, as the world seems full of Very Dangerous Self important Politicians leading Nations to Disaster as it is.

Still Post May (in case slight delay) all goes "tits up", least we will Have our Houquet.

My Boys Are all waiting on her arrival.

Now she is done, hopefully Sentinel will start on reusing the figures with alt colour suits and paint jobs to give us other characters from Mospeada Genesis Climber.

21 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Did you get a 10 day arrival notice from them? I was going to order one from Japan but their price might be cheaper than importing. 

Yeah, I got the BBTS "This is almost here so be ready" notice on the Iota. Their price is usually around the same or slightly higher, but with $4 shipping, so it often ends up slightly cheaper. OTOH, you have to deal with waiting while you see everyone else get it, since it is shipped to them first by surface ship (and shipping has been totally screwed, so it's added a few months on to the normal 1-2month wait for BBTS).

I decided I could be patient for the Iota, but I can't be patient for this one. :)

On 11/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Perxion said:

I know this is not a good time to share this, but I leave it here anyway.

It is the model I was working on a few days ago.

(WIP-LowPoly for now)

Enjoy!

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

never a Bad time.

This planned for a 1/12 and 1/18th scale STL file release?  Or just personal?

Whatever happened to that Genesis Breakers announcement? I haven't heard anything for years... :unsure:

I kinda expected Sentinel to have shown something from Genesis Breakers by now seeing as their Ride Armors have the same aesthetic. 

37 minutes ago, Tober said:

Whatever happened to that Genesis Breakers announcement? I haven't heard anything for years... :unsure:

I kinda expected Sentinel to have shown something from Genesis Breakers by now seeing as their Ride Armors have the same aesthetic. 

Maybe waiting till this one was Released?  Covid slowed down a LOT of stuff this could be another casualty?

12 hours ago, Mommar said:

Why can’t they do both?

Fair point. 

12 hours ago, levzloi said:

If it's just a new head, I'm not sure how interested I might be.  if its actually a redesign and re-imagining of the shadow fighter or drone with an updated sculpt, that might be interesting.

I like the dark color scheme better than the Blue, Red, or Green. It's the only one I'm waiting on.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

The last actual news, AFAIK, was a bit over a year ago... back in August 2020 in Entertainment Archive Alpha: Genesis Climber MOSPEADA File.

That artbook had a featurette on it reprinting some of the 2007 Hobby Japan issue where Hideki Kakinuma reimagined some of the mecha from MOSPEADA and a two-page article on the setting which goes into more (and darker) detail about MOSPEADA's backstory than the series ever did and offers a (very) brief explanation of the title's significance and a little bit of additional detail.

Tatsunoko's website for it may offer more information, but it's region-locked well enough to defeat my normal VPN tool... 

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

The last actual news, AFAIK, was a bit over a year ago... back in August 2020 in Entertainment Archive Alpha: Genesis Climber MOSPEADA File.

That artbook had a featurette on it reprinting some of the 2007 Hobby Japan issue where Hideki Kakinuma reimagined some of the mecha from MOSPEADA and a two-page article on the setting which goes into more (and darker) detail about MOSPEADA's backstory than the series ever did and offers a (very) brief explanation of the title's significance and a little bit of additional detail.

Tatsunoko's website for it may offer more information, but it's region-locked well enough to defeat my normal VPN tool... 

Is that related? I thought Breakers was an Aramaki project. Basically, Sentinel invested a lot in these ride armor toys and wanted some help coming up with cool accessories and new variants so they teamed up with Aramaki for some new designs. I think the hope was that there'd be either a new art book or comic to go along with some new toys and accessories. Since the release schedule for the core team was stretched out much further by COVID, the add-on releases were pushed even further out. With all the production concerns right now, it's easy to imagine that this project will be back-burnered for a while. I would guess we'll see a Tread in 2022 and Breakers would be 2023 if at all. Would 2023 be the 40th anniversary? Maybe that's a good time for it.

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is that related? I thought Breakers was an Aramaki project. Basically, Sentinel invested a lot in these ride armor toys and wanted some help coming up with cool accessories and new variants so they teamed up with Aramaki for some new designs. I think the hope was that there'd be either a new art book or comic to go along with some new toys and accessories. Since the release schedule for the core team was stretched out much further by COVID, the add-on releases were pushed even further out. With all the production concerns right now, it's easy to imagine that this project will be back-burnered for a while. I would guess we'll see a Tread in 2022 and Breakers would be 2023 if at all. Would 2023 be the 40th anniversary? Maybe that's a good time for it.

In all honesty, I have no idea (WRT the toyline).  The article itself is absolutely about Genesis Breaker, though.  My intention was just to answer the "Whatever happened to the Genesis Breaker announcement?" question.

The only mentions of Sentinel in the aforementioned article are one in the foreword, which states that [Genesis Breaker] is a "product project" inspired by the success of Sentinel's toy line and a few in the following interview talking about modernizing the designs.  It's also referred to as a "spin-off episode" (スピンオフ的エピソード) of the same work (MOSPEADA) in the preceding sentence.

There's a lengthy interview with Hideki Kakinuma about the development of the original designs, merchandising, and a bit about refinement of the designs for Genesis Breaker using modern art techniques and technologies, but not much that I can see about the actual status of the project.  Nothing that I can see about a release date or media.  The rest of the article after that is just a two-pager about the Genesis Breakers setting and story that paints a much darker picture of the setting than the original series did.

There's definitely some story here, but all we've seen art/design-wise is the same three pics of Gate/Breaker-1's riding suit and ride armor.  Nothing explicit about toys/models or timing for same.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I wonder if the box art for Houquet will tease Sentinel’s next release.

Like if we see Rey and/or the Tread in the background, that’s the hint.

Or if we see someone in black female armor with a big ol’ TV camera, we know what’s coming down the pipeline.

The right photo is not shown from the Ameblo link a few days ago. However, this is the first time we saw it from BBTS product image gallery. Seeing them together I prefer the face on the right. :wub: 

riobot_bartley_fuke_no3ljm.jpg.0005b19f8a9e934c923943a50b0c5b5d.jpg

However, I'm pretty sure the helmet face is the same, but from this angle below the face tends to look like the face on the left. Still hoping they will fix it a little bit. :rolleyes:

riobot_bartley_fuke_no3ljm_2.jpg.97313e1203ffca320adfeafb3bea499b.jpg

Also, seeing that they reversed the foot pedal on this version, I wonder if they're going to fix the others when it gets reissued down the line?

I’m curious to see a height comparison with the boys.  I wouldn’t be surprised if the feet rests were moved to accommodate Houquet’s shorter height (or the higher gap in her high heel boots).

I also think the strawberry blonde hair is throwing me off with Houquet’s look.  I’m so used to seeing it simply yellow blonde.

ok, this was the moment i was waiting for many years (at least 15 years since the project didnt go through for the figure i wanted most).... well, actually, it was to own the Houquet figure.  And some long time since Riobot announced their first mospeada figure, i was patiently waiting for Houquet to finally buy the mold.  Even skipped the Zeta.

So, i got a PO in a HLJ... but man, May 2022, that is 6 months (which will feel like 6 years).  I dont know where in life i will be by then... might be bank broke / no home by then... that is an eternity for me.  HLJ makes sense to me as i dont have to pay now.

The question is, will i actually hold this figure in hand and on my shelf....  who knows, but at least i got to have a PO for it, for now... :p. 

zfarsh signing off...

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Fixed for yah. :lol:  

Bro.... I want to say i am going to rip out that box and display her as soon as i get it, but...  maybe you have a point about keeping it in box,  if at time of release she is rare or something and everyone wants her and willing to $$$$$, AND i am in a situation needing $$$$$$$$$.

Edited by Arthurius

Welcome to pre-ordering.

I’m just thankful it’s been relatively easy to preorder.

. . . and wasn’t sold out in literally minutes (side-eyes Bandai).

. . . . or isn’t scheduled behind 900 billion other things that are on preorder AND have already been delayed and who knows when they’ll actually ship (LOOKING AT YOU, HASBRO!).

10 hours ago, teckno viking said:

My moreso concern Are the Politicians, as the world seems full of Very Dangerous Self important Politicians leading Nations to Disaster as it is.

We have nothing to fear but global communism and the loss of our individual property rights (aka freedom).

Death via giant meteor strike would be preferable, better dead than red lol.

10 hours ago, teckno viking said:

Now she is done, hopefully Sentinel will start on reusing the figures with alt colour suits and paint jobs to give us other characters from Mospeada Genesis Climber.

How about they give us some Inbit?

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

In all honesty, I have no idea (WRT the toyline).  The article itself is absolutely about Genesis Breaker, though.  My intention was just to answer the "Whatever happened to the Genesis Breaker announcement?" question.

The only mentions of Sentinel in the aforementioned article are one in the foreword, which states that [Genesis Breaker] is a "product project" inspired by the success of Sentinel's toy line and a few in the following interview talking about modernizing the designs.  It's also referred to as a "spin-off episode" (スピンオフ的エピソード) of the same work (MOSPEADA) in the preceding sentence.

There's a lengthy interview with Hideki Kakinuma about the development of the original designs, merchandising, and a bit about refinement of the designs for Genesis Breaker using modern art techniques and technologies, but not much that I can see about the actual status of the project.  Nothing that I can see about a release date or media.  The rest of the article after that is just a two-pager about the Genesis Breakers setting and story that paints a much darker picture of the setting than the original series did.

There's definitely some story here, but all we've seen art/design-wise is the same three pics of Gate/Breaker-1's riding suit and ride armor.  Nothing explicit about toys/models or timing for same.

Yeah, I was wondering since there is not more mentions of it for a year now.

1 hour ago, roboemo said:

Yeah, I was wondering since there is not more mentions of it for a year now.

If there's more recent news anywhere, it'll be on Tatsunoko's webpage for it... though it's inaccessible outside Japan and apparently to my VPN as well.

10 hours ago, Podtastic said:

We have nothing to fear but global communism and the loss of our individual property rights (aka freedom).

Death via giant meteor strike would be preferable, better dead than red lol.

How about they give us some Inbit?

Have to say INBIT.S would be Bloody Marvellous. However I have no idea if Sentinel Actually listen. 

48 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

Have to say INBIT.S would be Bloody Marvellous. However I have no idea if Sentinel Actually listen. 

depending on what scale they use, they might end up to be quite huge