21 hours ago, Big s said:

Maybe this deal with harmony gold is for the best.

😲😲😲

I'm not sure I've ever seen those words written together anywhere outside of RT.com message boards before... and I haven't been on there in 20 years...

Quick 5 minutes unboxing, Fighter mode impressions:

1. Tolerances seem unsurprisingly, similar to the red Zeta. No loose wing flap. To unfurl the vertical stabilisers for the first time & avoid breakage, hands need to be partially transformed out of the way. Didn't transform the figure to Soldier yet, but won't be surprised if there are no further tolerance tweaks compared to the Zeta.

2. The head fin, just like the Zeta, is also very pointy and sharp & can cut fingers easily.

3. Yellow figure's joints stay well together, just like Houquet / Fuke.

3. Still not liking the base. Such a drab, almost featureless cheap shiny black plastic.. 

Yeah, based on the pics, it looks like the Toynami greenie was more military/olive-drab green, while Sentinel went for a more bright green.

Which is odd. . . considering the Toynami Red Alpha was a bright red while the Sentinel Zeta was a darker red.

🤷‍♂️

Oh!  And Sentinel, please make Houquet red like a rose. 😉 #HouquetRouge

Bottom line:  Toynami had a darker green, but the Aoshima’s green is closer to the green used by Sentinel.

On another topic, it’s too bad they didn’t add some different clear pieces to change the head sensors’ colors.

23 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

So who does one have to commission to produce a VRML file of a non-transforming Tread attachment for a Sentinel Legioss? 😉

I only ask since there is that chance that Sentinel just might not make Treads at all, in Riobot or Plaiobot forms. 

I have one printed if you want it.

Got my Iota today from the front desk. It was delivered yesterday by Amazon JP via DHL

It is what I was expecting and yeah I'm still a lil meh about the green. Gonna have to paint the yellow figure later

20210904_102859_HDR.jpg.346d5b9b171982e0e560af9be4a561e6.jpg

Sentinel added two pylons for the wings, but outside of being in the content list they are listed nowhere in the instructions. Future stuff in the works?

20210904_103802_HDR_2.jpg.726ec567e0391e37aff26ed52aa56e0e.jpg

2 hours ago, Duymon said:

Got my Iota today from the front desk. It was delivered yesterday by Amazon JP via DHL

It is what I was expecting and yeah I'm still a lil meh about the green. Gonna have to paint the yellow figure later

20210904_102859_HDR.jpg.346d5b9b171982e0e560af9be4a561e6.jpg

Sentinel added two pylons for the wings, but outside of being in the content list they are listed nowhere in the instructions. Future stuff in the works?

20210904_103802_HDR_2.jpg.726ec567e0391e37aff26ed52aa56e0e.jpg

Mount Mospeada riders to the wings for extra firepower?  😁

40 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Finally got all three on the shelf, now if Sentinel will only release a TREAD. 

IMG_5593.jpg

That pink, though.  Ugh.....

*edit* Your display looks great.  Love how these look. Personally, I even love the shade of green.  It's just the pink....

Edited by mantisfists

You gentlemen just gotta get those Malcolm Gladwell 10,000 hours in. 

The tools and materials aren’t that hard to acquire.  And from there, it’s just practice and experience.

. . . And being sufficiently annoyed at staring at a hot pink pilot helps too!

Finally got around to unboxing and transforming my Iota... never tried with the previous two and they remain is fighter mode; it's a fiddly little beast but between scorchedearthtoys on YouTube and the instructions manual, I was able to all-thumbs my way through it.  And you can't argue with the results.  I also found that I rather like the green; its nowhere near as saturated and "overly green" in person as pictures make out to be; I still somewhat prefer Toynami's choice of a more militaristic Army Green (looks close to FS34102), but Sentinel's is far more anime-esque; and not owning an old Gaken, or Aoshima, or CMS's, or Evolution version to compare in person, I can't say which looks better color-wise.

IMG_0023.jpg.5aa0d776c5de771bbc49963ea42687b2.jpg

One thing is for damned sure, the old toynami is a heavy, unwieldy, barely poseable gorilla by comparison.

IMG_0021.jpg.86017377734505933c1c4c7679a8c968.jpg

14 minutes ago, Mog said:

Yeah, I’d prefer to call the Toynami an arthritic horse with glass for bones that can barely hold a pose and will collapse into a brittle heap at the slightest breeze.

Yeah couldn’t agree more, that Beta/TREAD is a beast though, very solid.

Edited by levzloi