2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

I just concluded that it was an economy of scale thing, so the price would be the same for either version.

That would be a valid interpretation...

50 minutes ago, JB0 said:

at 800 preorders the toy gets bigger.

That's an entirely different (but equally valid) interpretation.

Unfortunately, his text is misleadingly vague -- and his images are no less confusing -- so further clarification is required either way. :unsure:

Here's my understanding from looking. For $150:

If there are 200 POs, get the smaller shocktrooper- that's it.
If there are 400 POs, you get the smaller shocktrooper, a cockpit is built in, and you get two static driver figures (a standing and a sitting).
If there are 800 POs, you get the larger shocktrooper, with cockpit, and two (now larger) static driver figure (a standing and a sitting).
If there are 1000 POs, you get the larger shocktrooper, with cockpit, and a single articulated pilot figure (no need to have different poses now, because articulated).

The picture makes it a bit confusing, but for less than 800 POs, they will only make the smaller version (about the size of the old Matchbox "scout" (which was actually a small trooper, but anyway). At 800 POs or more, the figure will be the size of the old Matchbox shocktrooper.

Edited by vladykins

Confirmed from looking at followup discussions that what I posted above appears to be the situation. Two month window to get in to PO, it is number of units POed and not number of backers, and at 800 POs the figure gets larger for the $150, with the only difference at 1000 is the articulated pilot or two non-articulated pilot figures.

Note: This is separate from the 1/48 scale ones that are already being built and is only for the "oversize" version.

Edited by vladykins

His work is definitely improving, but those are going to be much bigger (and more expensive) than his "oversized" Grub...

...and the Gamo doesn't appear to have any articulation whatsoever. :huh:

20 hours ago, vladykins said:

Confirmed from looking at followup discussions that what I posted above appears to be the situation. Two month window to get in to PO, it is number of units POed and not number of backers, and at 800 POs the figure gets larger for the $150, with the only difference at 1000 is the articulated pilot or two non-articulated pilot figures.

Note: This is separate from the 1/48 scale ones that are already being built and is only for the "oversize" version.

I have even more questions now.. What if you want BOTH sizes (the medium and large ones) provided they hit their PO quantities? What scale is this and where are the 1/48 scale ones that are in production?

55 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I have even more questions now.. What if you want BOTH sizes (the medium and large ones) provided they hit their PO quantities? What scale is this and where are the 1/48 scale ones that are in production?

I think it is either or on the two "oversized" ones. So the options will be:

1/48 scale $50

Oversized $150 (though MEP notes if it only makes enough POs for the 167mm one that he'll likely drop the overall price/refund any PO cash in so far). There is no option for getting both a 167mm and a 209mm, only the small 1/48 ($50) or the larger ($150).

I'm trying to figure out how many I want of these based on display space. 

Am I correct that this is the 1/48 Scout vs the 1/48 Sentinel?

FB_IMG_1621436006329.jpg

I can't find anything that shows how the standard size $50 Shock Trooper scales.........or even a measurement of how tall it is. Did I miss that somewhere back in the thread? Thanks guys.:good:

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

I'm trying to figure out how many I want of these based on display space. 

Am I correct that this is the 1/48 Scout vs the 1/48 Sentinel?

FB_IMG_1621436006329.jpg

I can't find anything that shows how the standard size $50 Shock Trooper scales.........or even a measurement of how tall it is. Did I miss that somewhere back in the thread? Thanks guys.:good:

If I read sh9000's second last post correctly the 1/48 gurab is a mere 102 mm tall.

3 hours ago, Podtastic said:

If I read sh9000's second last post correctly the 1/48 gurab is a mere 102 mm tall.

Is a Shock Trooper and a Graub the same thing?

Yeah, my RT is sowing though.:lol:

51 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice, I'm tempted to get at least one of each. 

Do you have to Pay Up Front for this Pre-order? 

Yep, pay up front. Even for the oversized Graub.

There is the option of four payment installments using PayPal. I think it was over two week periods. :unsure: