Cool- I was curious because of the split up the middle and didn't have an immediate reference to Cap's version (which I would still love to have but I'm so shitty at painting and model making that I'd be embarased to destroy his beautiful kits).

On 5/14/2021 at 5:54 PM, tekering said:

Are they working for you now?

MEP's prototype is on the left side, with my suggested fixes on the right.

Yep it's working.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:01 AM, pengbuzz said:

Agreed; I would say the only  time it wouldn't is if they were telling the story of how they got to that status, complete with bad mistakes, high-cost failures, monumental screw-ups, and other such things that made sure their position was earned rather than just "a kewl club" as it were. Those skills need to cost much training, pain and injury, the lethality needs to have been learned through rigorous discipline and enduring the consequences of not heeding that discipline, and the secrecy must come with a high price (loss of friends, loss of family, loss of identity, etc.)

There's a reason Master Chief in HALO is a bada$$ and his story is replete with tragedy, failure and sacrifice. If the "Breakers" are to be that kind of special, then that kind of horrible must await them, IMO.

Yeah, pretty fan-fic alright. Although if they wanted to be authentic, that tech was probably built by the lowest bidder and breaks down every other mission or two.

(not to mention the black paint was watercolor and even the first good humid or foggy day will ruin their camo. O.o :lol:

Well, mostly I am more interested in hairstyle since I tend to make fan arts or at least commission them, but like your insight.

Plus it would be great if they show us how things are on Mars since Lunk joined the fleet to feed his family along with rebellions and piracy before the event meant that it might not be rosy.

Or maybe potential cloning and artificial births--assuming if Breakers are latter--due to starting a military with low population along with developing unmanned fighters.

But as you have said, not much a good start for potential...assuming if it's just a toy lore, like descriptions on back of the package or equivalent.

Edited by roboemo

On 5/14/2021 at 3:25 PM, roboemo said:

The comic by Wildstorm.

I was referring to one of the series pre-Wildstorm; I think it was by Academy or Antarctic? Sorry, this last week has been too busy to dig through them to find them, but I'm happy to find what it was when I have a little free time.

59 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I was referring to one of the series pre-Wildstorm; I think it was by Academy or Antarctic? Sorry, this last week has been too busy to dig through them to find them, but I'm happy to find what it was when I have a little free time.

Appreciated. Also I am thinking Invid War for similiar premise.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:11 AM, tekering said:

C'mon MEP, quit photographing that same flawed prototype and take the time to fix the sculpt.  You're so close! 

b4.jpg

Just take a second look at the line art, and tweak the proportions appropriately.  The "cockpit/head" needs to sit lower and widen as it tapers back, and the cannons have to sit higher up:

aftR.jpg

It's not like you had to make concessions for transformation or anything... <_<

i can't now unsee the canons being super low now.  ugh.

6 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i can't now unsee the canons being super low now.  ugh.

Think of it this way. It's this generation of Gakken Ride Armors or the Takatoku's 1/55 Valkyries. Not 100% lineart/anime accurate but it brings joy to the people who loves the show and loves any toy form coming out of it. ;) 

9 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i can't now unsee the canons being super low now.

It didn't bother you before...? :huh:

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not 100% lineart/anime accurate but it brings joy to the people who loves the show and loves any toy form coming out of it. ;)

Are you that guy who keeps buying Super7's deliberately bad "ReAction" figure lines?

I mean, somebody must be buying that retro crap, 'cause they keep making it... <_<

7 hours ago, tekering said:

Are you that guy who keeps buying Super7's deliberately bad "ReAction" figure lines?

I mean, somebody must be buying that retro crap, 'cause they keep making it... <_<

I'd buy it- off someone's dollar tablre at a flea market. No way I'm paying more than that for those terrible figures. I don't know how anyone can pay those prices, but then I don't understand the appeal of Funko bobbleheads either.

10 hours ago, tekering said:

It didn't bother you before...? :huh:

i think i saw it and said...that looks WAY better than the old matchbox so it got a pass.  seeing it next to your photoshop where the canons REALLY reminds me of the feeling of the watching the show..like "thats what was off!".  haven't really examined the mospeada line art the same way others have i guess.  i hope they fix the canons.  if so i'll probably get multiple. 

13 hours ago, tekering said:

Nope, I'm more into mechas. :rolleyes:

Now I feel bad for those whose collecting them. Hahaha! :lol: 

24 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Assuming that will be the same time given MEP's previous statements but no formal announcement yet (though they have a placeholder on the preorders page for it):  https://www.meptoys.com/pre-orders

Thanks.

Sadly, just having visited the posts on  facialbook, I now realise that these are the tiny versions.

The long wait for the oversized barely large enough Gurab begins...

22 hours ago, vladykins said:

Looks like MEP is putting up preorders for the Scout/ligaa later this month. $45

I know the Robowreck label will kill some interest, but I'll likely get a couple to put with my Sentinel legioss.

May be an image of text that says 'INVID SCOUT 1/48 Scale PRE-ORDER May 28, 2021 meptoys.com USD $45 C EA00 11 Available December 2021 Harmony MEPTOYS BY FANS FOR FANS, 1985 2021, Harmony Gold Inc. AL Rights Reserved.'

21 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

The preorder for the Shock Trooper will be up the same day

FB_IMG_1621435428229.thumb.jpg.411357058584108e38b931ee6fef0b40.jpg

Ok, just so I'm not confused. These are painted and assembled toys correct?

Where does one PO a MEP toy at?

Thanks!

So, discussions are apparently underway with the factory re: pricing on the larger scale Gurab.

Possibly may have an opening cockpit and/or pilot mini.

If there is a cockpit what could one use as Invid Ichor?

Hmmm...this is the right colour.B))

20210520_165903_HDR.thumb.jpg.26b98d2519b0cd75c639e38fcefe4367.jpg

Probably not a good idea.:lol:

Edited by Podtastic

18 hours ago, sqidd said:

Roger that. Thanks!:hi:

Does MEP have a sales cutoff like Bandai or do they build to order like Arcadia?

I think I may have to get a couple of these dudes.:good:

He builds somewhat to order plus a number of extras- no PO madness or anything like Bandai.

For example, the 1/100 Breetai from a few years ago is still available on the website.

https://www.meptoys.com/product-page/6-zentradi-commander-breetai

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

IMG_20210523_155126.thumb.jpg.d2d448bb9652fd1d0c41e63bb6454e81.jpg

Am I the only person who doesn't understand how this works?:unknw:

-Which one is $150? 167mm or 209mm?

-If he hits the target numbers of 400 and/or 1000 the extra features kick in?