Thanks for that.  I don't begrudge them going with that scale -- the CMs, Toynami, and Sentinel Legioss are all the same size, so that's where the largest demand is likely to be -- but having already sunk thousands of dollars into Moscato Invid kits at that size, I was hoping to have Invid toys that would at least scale with my CMs ride-armor figures (if not the MegaHouse or Sentinel figures)...

CM'sMospeada.jpg

Even a Scout/Eager at 1:18 would be a big toy (a little bigger than the Matchbox/Playmates, at least), but the size would certainly justify the cost. ^_^

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Thanks for that.  I don't begrudge them going with that scale -- the CMs, Toynami, and Sentinel Legioss are all the same size, so that's where the largest demand is likely to be -- but having already sunk thousands of dollars into Moscato Invid kits at that size, I was hoping to have Invid toys that would at least scale with my CMs ride-armor figures (if not the MegaHouse or Sentinel figures)...

CM'sMospeada.jpg

Even a Scout/Eager at 1:18 would be a big toy (a little bigger than the Matchbox/Playmates, at least), but the size would certainly justify the cost. ^_^

I will always love my CM's ride armors, and the ideal for me would be to keep filling out those display shelves with more in-scale figures. Sadly, looking at the newer offerings from a variety of lines, I think those of us with collections at that scale may be moving into the minority.

Yeah, 1/18 scale is good for displaying huge group shots and for those massive troop line-up displays.

It’s still my go-to scale for most of my action figure collections.

I think the main knock on the CMs Ride Armors though was that they were a little fiddly and fragile.

On 4/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, Mog said:

Yeah, 1/18 scale is good for displaying huge group shots and for those massive troop line-up displays.

It’s still my go-to scale for most of my action figure collections.

I think the main knock on the CMs Ride Armors though was that they were a little fiddly and fragile.

Indeed..The CM's Bartley types have broken joints right out of the package -

It's as if our universe refuses to allow a variable version to exist!! (I own 5 copies and they all have at least 1 cracked joint)fml :/

P.S. Anyone  know of any replacement knee or hip joints that would possibly work? 

Edited by Glasswave
Mis-spelling

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

MEP TOYS was just showing his Invid Shocktrooper:

IMG_20210416_001058.thumb.jpg.061523e18cd73ec3cb91546eba2a9a25.jpg

It's about the same height as a Toynami 1/48 Legioss

This is the paint master, so it's an upscaled prototype. In his FB video he says the actual toy will be much smaller. Although he joked that it would be cool to keep it at this size!

9 hours ago, Tober said:

Cool! Does it come with the pilot figure pictured?

He said he made the pilot figures but it wasn't clear if they are included or if he is going to make them available separately.

He also had a color variation (he notes he is color blind) so the first color was more pinkish. You can see it here:

image.thumb.png.392ca606991371604717ed74dcf5acf9.png

MEPTOYS is going to do preorder on the scout, trooper, and an cougar inorganic from the Sentinels at the same time in the near future.

No photo description available.

On 4/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Mechapilot77 said:

an in scale invid shock trooper is what...half the height of a legioss?  maybe a bit more i think?  that samples is a nice size (out of scale but i like that size better).

Absolutely. I want the larger version, so my Regults don't get knee cramps trying to shoot at them.

Actually to be in my scale both the Gurab and the Regult should be around this size:

1683734393_128820036_1036165006887727_2927509634454982557_n(1).thumb.jpg.f13f10d2d9155fadd6559139ef946094.jpg

128438407_1036164806887747_9150964008651153036_n.thumb.jpg.541d159f2038849cd3057c5c56a415b3.jpg

On 4/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, derex3592 said:

I'm SO IN on all of these!!!

I'm joining this queue.

Edited by Podtastic

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

More reference pics:

Thanks, that's very helpful.  :good:

It looks like the "oversized" Shock Trooper will scale nicely with B2FIVE's upcoming 1:28 ride armor figures. ^_^

EQUsDyVU4AEcnpv.jpg:large

1 hour ago, jenius said:

It doesn't seem close.

Ugh that blows! Do you have any insight into why an established company goes through the laborious and expensive task of creating a line of painted prototypes only to promptly mothball them for all eternity?

*On a side note sometimes I feel doomed to be a mospeada addict..we get precious little respect and the aftermarket is smoldering barren hellscape!! :/

46 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

Ugh that blows! Do you have any insight into why an established company goes through the laborious and expensive task of creating a line of painted prototypes only to promptly mothball them for all eternity?

*On a side note sometimes I feel doomed to be a mospeada addict..we get precious little respect and the aftermarket is smoldering barren hellscape!! :/

I work at a company that does heat treatment for injection molding tooling. The cost of producing a prototype is insignificant compared to the cost of the tooling to mass produce it. And then you have the cost of training workers and setup costs for the actual production line. You stand to loose much more than the money invested in a prototype if the product fails to sell some multiple of 10,000 units.

54 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

I didn't mean to imply they're vaporware like the Figma releases. I just don't recall hearing about a release date so we're probably a way out. The supply chain is completely screwy right now so a lot of companies are being forced to sideline projects and wait for things to simmer down. To be clear, I don't talk to B2Five, but I see this elsewhere. If you have a project that you weren't certain was going to be hugely successful, then any attempt to gouge you by your shipper or manufacturing company would get you to put a project on hold. There's a lot of inertia out there so when 2020 slammed the breaks it made for a mighty big task in 2021 to get things moving again. Hopefully we see shows starting to happen again in the Fall and we get a lot of clarity on release expectation from companies as things inch closer to normal. 

All that said, B2Five originally planned to have their second round of Votoms merch hit stores next month. If that happens, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with Mospeada stuff before the year end. 

I was definitely curious about the release date since I hadn’t heard anything for a bit. I miss those spring and summer conventions where they would tease these kind of products a bit more. Hopefully some news pops up sooner than later 

color me impressed with the invid shocktrooper (tbh i've never regarded MEP's products as highly).  the OVERSIZED one looks way better to me...i know they aren' t supposed to be that big but the 1/48 is not a good sparring partner with the legioss sets out there and are even WAY WAY WAY too small to do battle with the mospeada (cyclones) they actually fight on the show.  as tekering pointed out the OS might be look ok (too small to be in scale but looks wise) with the new smaller mospeada coming out (at some point hopefully) from B2five too.

Random question.  

Did anyone ever translate the Genesis Breaker section in the last MOSPEADA File artbook?  I've been skimming it to answer some questions on another site and was wondering if I'm duplicating effort or not by doing a translation.

(I'm very amused to see that we've all apparently been spelling the aliens name wrong this whole time... oh well.)