6 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

Nice, but someone please wake me up when the Dark Legioss comes along...

wouldyoukindlymakeausername - …somebody wake up Hicks.

As long as it’s AFTER we get Houquet and the Bartley.

So, new engine intakes, claw hands, synchro canon. . . any other differences I’m forgetting?

Be nice if they go with black instead of dark purple too for the main color.

And would Sentinel go with a bright violet pilot just to spite us? :p

4 minutes ago, Mog said:

As long as it’s AFTER we get Houquet and the Bartley.

So, new engine intakes, claw hands, synchro canon. . . any other differences I’m forgetting?

Be nice if they go with black instead of dark purple too for the main color.

And would Sentinel go with a bright violet pilot just to spite us? :p

Man, if they actually make it in BLACK, I swear upon the great Hory Froating Head himself that I will buy at least TWO. And I NEVER buy more than one of any particular release. Ever.

Whatever shade of red they go with, it’s gotta blend and complement with the the colors of the Ride Armors they already released.

And just to overstate the obvious:  that hot pink with the Zeta ain’t it.

On 4/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, Mog said:

No VTOL, no shoulder sensor, different shoulders/engines (but that is difficult to pull off to be anime accurate in all modes) and different head (but that difference is obvious).

I'll jump on a black one for sure. But hell, I'll jump on any version tbqh.

48 minutes ago, vladykins said:

No VTOL, no shoulder sensor, different shoulders/engines (but that is difficult to pull off to be anime accurate in all modes) and different head (but that difference is obvious).

I'll jump on a black one for sure. But hell, I'll jump on any version tbqh.

Since this is a modern interpretation, they can shrug off a lot of the original differences if they feel inclined.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

they can shrug off a lot of the original differences if they feel inclined

Not if they want my money. <_<

Ah, who am I kidding?  They could paint it Day-Glo orange and I'd still buy one. :unknw:

15 hours ago, jenius said:

Since this is a modern interpretation, they can shrug off a lot of the original differences if they feel inclined.

I will not complain if they put a vtol on a black one. I'm not entirely sure why it was left off of them in the first place.

Can't say I'm in love with the sculpt honestly, I like @captain america's take better, but I'll probably pick up two or three if the price is reasonable.  The troopers vary so much in the anime that you could totally argue either interpretation looks good on any given day. I'm just super happy to finally get Invids!!!!  

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'll probably pick up two or three if the price is reasonable.

That depends entirely on the scale.  I'd pay $180 each if they were 1:12 scale, or $120 each for 1:18... but I imagine they'll be a lot smaller, in which case we already have the superior Moscato crabs. :unknw:

9 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Can't say I'm in love with the sculpt honestly, I like @captain america's take better, but I'll probably pick up two or three if the price is reasonable.  The troopers vary so much in the anime that you could totally argue either interpretation looks good on any given day. I'm just super happy to finally get Invids!!!!  

True dat. Depending on what source(s) you use, the Inbits can look drastically different. That's why I always go to the animation model sheets: it's the standard that the animators use, however much they often deviate from it. That said, the MEPToys version looks kinda neat, if only because it's different. Sizing is the real issue though, because even the Legioss figures have varied considerably in size and it all depends on what figure(s) they're (the Inbit) intended to be standing next to on the shelf.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:27 AM, Convectuoso said:

Coming from MEP TOYS

IMG_20210406_002550.thumb.jpg.4045979ed4c08490626787613d767a99.jpg

By the same guy that did the Zentraedi warrior and warships 3d prints? I want at least 2.

5 hours ago, captain america said:

Sizing is the real issue though, because even the Legioss figures have varied considerably in size and it all depends on what figure(s) they're (the Inbit) intended to be standing next to on the shelf.

I'll probably have to make even my Revoltech Regults squat, I reckon.

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Cap's are definitely superior but I'm also crap at modelling.

These are supposed to scale with the Sentinels but until we see a comparison pic it will be hard to tell.

Are These new ones going to be relatively inexpensive? 

I aspire to someday build one of Capt. Americas kits, but I have done only one resin kit so far. and while happy with the results resin is still very challenging. Also I would not want to 'play' with resin for fear I would flake the paint off by looking at it sideways.

14 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The MEP Invids look cool.  Cancelled my preorder for the Iota at HLJ and preordered it with a 1/100 scale F-104J at Amazon JP to combine shipping.

OMG Second that! I got an item in on my HLJ private warehouse yesterday, and the shipping options were all over $22.. on a $35 kit. Not HLJ's fault but this pandemic hurts.

39 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Are These new ones going to be relatively inexpensive? 

I aspire to someday build one of Capt. Americas kits, but I have done only one resin kit so far. and while happy with the results resin is still very challenging. Also I would not want to 'play' with resin for fear I would flake the paint off by looking at it sideways.

No pricing yet, but MEPTOYS prices have been all over- the Breetai was relatively inexpensive for what it was at $18 (even if articulation was limited), the small scale (1/145) Invid/Inbit resin figures are $8 for a fighter scout/Iigaa to $15 for an enforcer/gamo. So it's tough to see what the final price may be.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, Convectuoso said:

Coming from MEP TOYS

IMG_20210406_002550.thumb.jpg.4045979ed4c08490626787613d767a99.jpg

Oh, HELL yes!!  And I don't have to paint it either!?  Count me in for 3 or 4.  Says they're going to be releasing the scout as well but I couldn't see any pics on their Facebook page.  Are there any images up for that?

7 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Oh, HELL yes!!  And I don't have to paint it either!?  Count me in for 3 or 4.  Says they're going to be releasing the scout as well but I couldn't see any pics on their Facebook page.  Are there any images up for that?

I have their prototype. It's missing its head cannons, though

DSC_3460.thumb.JPG.00051bd6132075112060deb5354922da.JPG

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

I have their prototype. It's missing its head cannons, though

DSC_3460.thumb.JPG.00051bd6132075112060deb5354922da.JPG

Ugh.....I like that a lot less than the trooper.  I hope that's not the final prototype, though I might get one or two just to have them. I'm definitely in for multiple troopers, though.  I dig that sculpt, not so much the scout.

Thanks for the pic, by the way.

Edited by mantisfists

On 4/9/2021 at 7:35 PM, mantisfists said:

Ugh.....I like that a lot less than the trooper.  I hope that's not the final prototype, though I might get one or two just to have them. I'm definitely in for multiple troopers, though.  I dig that sculpt, not so much the scout.

Thanks for the pic, by the way.

That was the initial prototype. They've refined the design a bit to make it look better. Here's a few shots from the FB page of the factory sample (unpainted). It isn't Cap awesomeness, but as I've said before, I can't make a model look good to save my life.

May be an image of insect

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

I posted a picture of the packaging some time back as well- I'll see if I can find it.