2 hours ago, jenius said:

The Super Legioss is an unused design from the show, there's also an armored Legioss. Both involve forearm embellishments. The forearm slots give Sentinel the option to make these... Or maybe Trex the option to do WF exclusives in the future like the Arcadia YF19 advanced parts.

So, forearm embellishments and extra armor and ammo. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . Like a TREAD?! :spiteful:

So basically, the Legioss’ wings would become canards for the the combined fighter, right?

Wonder where we’ve seen a fighter with canards angled differently than the main wings. . .

938CF0B4-3202-4E4B-8167-016CE46A056C.thumb.jpeg.be0803fe607fff174e8de3c79e045448.jpeg

Pic courtesy of Macross Mecha Manual.

Yeah, it’ll be different from what we’ve usually seen with previous Legioss/Tread or Alpha/Beta combos.  But let’s see what Sentinel comes up with.  For all we know they may design the Tread’s wings with the same slightly downward angle as the Legioss.

11 hours ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

New pics of B2Five's Ride Armors at TagHobbybh06.thumb.jpg.e82ab8bce4856feb3136340af9c52a02.jpg

Woah Thanks for the link!

I did a triple take when i saw the Zillion Tri-Charger !!!

I'm lucky enough to have the 1987 Sega Tri-charger toy, But o m g  this prototype is blowing my mind! A true "unicorn" dream Toy imho

*Anyone have any info on this*?

Screenshot_20210207-173934~3.png

Screenshot_20210207-174003~2.png

18 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

I'm lucky enough to have the 1987 Sega Tri-charger toy, But o m g  this prototype is blowing my mind! A true "unicorn" dream Toy imho

Nothing yet, but I'm stoked for it as well. I put the pics up in my Zillion thread too. Any more info I find will be in there.

Dumb musings:  I think the Sentinel version will probably sink deeper into the Tread.  The fact that the feet don’t extend so far past the boosters allows them to squeeze the two birds closer together.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if the potential Sentinel Tread is a little “fatter” from top to bottom than the Beta.  The Beta looks a little too flat when combined with the Sentinel Legioss.

Got a red one out too (I don't watch the Superbowl). I hate to say it, but I just don't like Sentinel stuff. Not just MOSPEDA toys. I have some Super Robots too. In the whole toy landscape Sentinel stuff seems too small, too fiddly, too fragile and therefore too expensive. Am I glad to have some decent Legioss toys? Absolutely. Would I rather have the quality of a Bandai/Arcadia? Absolutely. 

IMG_8388.thumb.JPG.b517c08c73b5ee541cb1da84b2532293.JPG

After handling multiple Toynami Alphas, I really don’t have too many complaints about Sentinel’s rendition.

Articulation is off the charts, design is leaps and bounds over other toy companies’ versions, and it can hold poses solidly.

If they can stick the landing with the rest of their releases, we’ll have one company as the go-to for all our Mospeada needs.

30 minutes ago, Mog said:

After handling multiple Toynami Alphas, I really don’t have too many complaints about Sentinel’s rendition.

Articulation is off the charts, design is leaps and bounds over other toy companies’ versions, and it can hold poses solidly.

If they can stick the landing with the rest of their releases, we’ll have one company as the go-to for all our Mospeada needs.

Agreed. Compared to Mospeada toys they're great. Compared to toys in general............:pardon:

Except for the big glaring issue with the pin and stress marks on the Ride Armors, when something pops off on a Sentinel, I’ll freak for a second. . . and then realize it’s a quick fix to pop it back into place.

I have a few Bandai pieces, and they are quality.  But that preorder process is the absolute stinkin’ worse. :bad:

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Got a red one out too (I don't watch the Superbowl). I hate to say it, but I just don't like Sentinel stuff. Not just MOSPEDA toys. I have some Super Robots too. In the whole toy landscape Sentinel stuff seems too small, too fiddly, too fragile and therefore too expensive. Am I glad to have some decent Legioss toys? Absolutely. Would I rather have the quality of a Bandai/Arcadia? Absolutely. 

IMG_8388.thumb.JPG.b517c08c73b5ee541cb1da84b2532293.JPG

I agree on the expensive part, they're quite spendy... can't imagine what the Tread would cost if they make one. 

We can keep hoping that Arcadia or Bandai will acquire the Mospeada license & stick with the TV series Legioss designs since Toynami, CM's & EVO Toys dropped the ball. An Arcadia made Ride-Armor, oh yeah!! 

^^There’s room for design improvements on the Tread (looking at you, cockpit/sternum chest area!).

But the transformation process is relatively simple.  So hopefully, that’s one factor helping to keep costs down.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

The Beagle basically is an Arcadia made ride armor. Yamato employees made Beagle.

I think a Tread would be the same price as the Legioss... They seemed to have found a price point they like.

Well in that case Bandai can take a swing at it. B))

As for a Sentinel Tread, again if they make it I am very curious what it'll look like. Their chest section will be a massive improvement to Toynami's design in Soldier mode. 

10 hours ago, Mog said:

^^There’s room for design improvements on the Tread (looking at you, cockpit/sternum chest area!).

But the transformation process is relatively simple.  So hopefully, that’s one factor helping to keep costs down.

When I did the line art comparisons for the existing toys, it was obvious that a proper Tread would need a more sophisticated transformation. Still not Sentinel Legioss level, but I would guess it will have a lot more going on then expected... Especially if they're going to have a working cockpit... Done big hurdles there.

I really like the look of the Sentinel stuff, it's pretty darn perfect IMHO.  Knowing Sentinel, they would engineer the crapola out of a TLEAD, even incorporating the I believe only once ever seen on screen small passenger compartment that a couple of characters were hitching a ride in at one point...then tell us the price would be $450ish

Eh, give Toynami credit for taking a shot at a new-fangled design.

They made a working cockpit and included a pilot that still scaled correctly with their Alpha (looking at you CMs Legioss and Tread!).

The cockpit/chest design is not the most elegant of solutions, but they made up for it with the poop-ton of rock-solid, ratcheted joints all over the place.

I’ll always have a soft spot for Toynami’s big burly bastard Beta.

But I’m curious to see what 10+ years of advancements can improve upon a Tread/Beta toy.  Now that I have a Sentinel Legioss in hand, I’m wondering if Sentinel will design a slide-in/slide-out Tread cockpit that gets covered up in solider and fighter combo by more accurate chest plate.

I don’t think a variation on Toynami’s fold down method will work with Sentinel’s Legioss design.  But the fact that the Legioss feet are so compact already should allow Sentinel to make the Tread’s bomber mode less gappy than Toynami’s version.

16 hours ago, Shawn said:

Anyone know if the upcoming Mospeada art book is going to have anything new?
https://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Visual-Archive-Genesis-MOSPEADA/dp/1772940259

I haven't heard anything one way or the other, but assume there won't be anything new, unless they add some of their own artwork which will be... unlikely to be anything special.

Still, the completist in me has it on preorder.

23 hours ago, Glasswave said:

Screenshot_20210207-173934~3.png

Screenshot_20210207-174003~2.png

I feel very fortunate to have two of the Sega Tri-Chargers (though no RidingScepter, since the only ones I found were so overpriced, and in such terrible shape, that I just couldn't bring myself to buy them).

While I truly love those toys, it's more the idea behind them than the execution.

I really hope this new one comes to fruition, and at a decent scale for display.

8 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I feel very fortunate to have two of the Sega Tri-Chargers (though no RidingScepter, since the only ones I found were so overpriced, and in such terrible shape, that I just couldn't bring myself to buy them).

While I truly love those toys, it's more the idea behind them than the execution.

I really hope this new one comes to fruition, and at a decent scale for display.

Indeed, I totally agree in regards to the concept vs. execution. The toy itself is quite a strange beast(the front wheel for example)..yet I still find to be one of my favorites!

I mean, a legendary video game company makes a Aramaki ride-armor toy...whats not to love?

P.s. Good luck with the Scepter + fingers crossed on the new Tri-Charger!! *I think CM's was planning one that never happened.

On 2/9/2021 at 1:47 AM, Glasswave said:

Indeed, I totally agree in regards to the concept vs. execution. The toy itself is quite a strange beast(the front wheel for example)..yet I still find to be one of my favorites!

I mean, a legendary video game company makes a Aramaki ride-armor toy...whats not to love?

P.s. Good luck with the Scepter + fingers crossed on the new Tri-Charger!! *I think CM's was planning one that never happened.

From what I remember, there was a sort of blank profile pic of the Tri-Charger that CM's was supposedly working on. I was really looking forward to it, since I was one of the few that actually liked the CM's ride armors, and was excited to have a Tri-Charger at the same scale to display with it. I keep all of my in-scale Aramaki stuff (MOSPEADA and BGC) displayed together.