14 minutes ago, Mog said:

If he’s only getting Houquet’s stuff, then the Toynami/Beagle would not be an option sadly.

I’d say get both, but if choosing between the two?  Go with the Ride Armor.  Almost everyone’s done a Red version of the Legioss.  

But CMs smaller version is the only modern version of the Bartley Ride Armor available currently.

Just pray Sentinel gets the color right.

Oops, I read that wrong. I thought he means one Mospead figure.:p

Not to :5: . . . BUT

Sentinel, please get Houquet’s and the Bartley’s color correct.

Pink doesn’t match with the rest of your earlier releases, but this color (or a slightly lighter red shade) DOES:

1275A799-F79C-401D-AF6A-2BCD82F9DCA1.thumb.jpeg.6441ba095e9815a80e43eabedb6bffef.jpeg

Edited by Mog

54 minutes ago, Glasswave said:

I Agree 100% 

Dear Sentinel : BARTLEY IS RED !!

*PLEASE : Respect Aramaki Shinji !!

THANK YOU !! ^__^ V..

Screenshot_20210125-045511~3.png

Sentinel's Mospeada Breakers project credits both Aramaki's and Kakinuma's involvement so I think it's safe to say there's plenty of respect there and it seems likely Aramaki has been consulted on the ride armor toys to date. Hey, is Kakinuma's involvement proof that there's a Tread coming? 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Sentinel's Mospeada Breakers project credits both Aramaki's and Kakinuma's involvement so I think it's safe to say there's plenty of respect there and it seems likely Aramaki has been consulted on the ride armor toys to date. Hey, is Kakinuma's involvement proof that there's a Tread coming? 

Wow cool I had no idea..a sentinel tread would be a 'unicorn' piece for the ages.

And lol I feel my Bartley comment may be ill-informed or even a tad immature..Yet I've waited ovr 30 years for a deluxe Bartley ride-armor...Preferably RED haha! :P

(The Beagle prototype still causes me physical pain upon seeing the images)

Also : The teased box art depicts her in red..unless It was somehow fan-made?

Edited by Glasswave

Got my pair of Zetas delivered today, and they're both in good shape.  Noticed that the shoulders rotate MUCH easier now, although I'm having more trouble getting things lined up and snapped together in general.  One had the hip joint twisted around, and that took a bit of work to get repositioned, but I was able to do it without any disassembly.

Far as the tails go, both felt really tight, and the tails tend to pop off, so I worked them back and forth so they loosened up a little.  I did notice that opening up the arms, and rotating the hands to the reverse of how they come from the factory did a lot to help.  If you orient the hands so the backs are toward the tails, the fingers don't interfere at all, and they seem to fit better.

One thing I have noticed is that things seem to line up better if you don't insert the tabs on the back of the calves into the black portion of the waist joint.  It's only a slight adjustment, but you can pull those tabs out, and then raise the legs before pushing them back together again, those tabs will sit in a cut-out just above their intended slot.  It reduces clearance underneath a bit, but it's still enough for the head fin, and it makes the arms seem to fit against the lower legs better.

Overall really liking this one, especially the updated rifle.  Funny thing, I've always wished the stock would unplug from the rifle so I could just mount the guns under the wings with nothing protruding.  Now that I know how the stock is attached, I might see if I can tug the ones on my blue versions out.  Don't want to break them, but I'm assuming they wouldn't make an entirely new part, and the others just have glue on the tab.

Edit: Confirmed, the stock on the blue ones does detach as well, it's just really tight.  Not sure it was even glued, just took a massive pull, but there's nothing to break if you want to try it yourself.

Edited by Chronocidal

Is the Zeta's headfin supposed to be angled forwards or backwards in fighter mode?

I find that if angled forwards, the fin will touch the ground. The whole head appear as though it can tuck up higher, hence giving more clearance for the fin, but it doesn't.

However, if the fin is swept backwards, then the fin is off the ground. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Is the Zeta's headfin supposed to be angled forwards or backwards in fighter mode?

I find that if angled forwards, the fin will touch the ground. The whole head appear as though it can tuck up higher, hence giving more clearance for the fin, but it doesn't.

It's backward in the line art

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by forward or backward. If I put the fin in 'flying position' and then park it on the landing gear, the front landing gear doesn't make the ground. It might touch at the same point as the fin. If I sweep into soldier position, the fin touches the ground at the same height as the front landing gear. If I rotate the front landing gear to its most upright position, I get some clearance.

I was able to get clearance for the fin with it facing either direction, I'll see if I can get a good photo of where the head is situated for that later.  You have to press the chin pretty deep into it's little space before everything fits into place.

Edit: Got pics of it, and both positions give me a little bit of clearance, with the rear-swept one actually giving more room.  There would be even more clearance if the legs were in the right position, but mine fit better with the legs tilted a little higher.

zeta1.thumb.jpg.2930327480a4377b072b273de75e2d0b.jpgzeta2.thumb.jpg.5e41292e5879b6d30f25b4e668a610cb.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I was able to get clearance for the fin with it facing either direction, I'll see if I can get a good photo of where the head is situated for that later.  You have to press the chin pretty deep into it's little space before everything fits into place.

Edit: Got pics of it, and both positions give me a little bit of clearance, with the rear-swept one actually giving more room.  There would be even more clearance if the legs were in the right position, but mine fit better with the legs tilted a little higher.

zeta1.thumb.jpg.2930327480a4377b072b273de75e2d0b.jpgzeta2.thumb.jpg.5e41292e5879b6d30f25b4e668a610cb.jpg

Very helpful. Yeah I had the head a little more level but if you dig that chin it, then you can create a hair of space in the flying position. That's cool. It's too bad the fin isn't on a slider so it can rotate to the far end and pivot closer to the body of the craft. 

After some wiggling of the head & neck joints, the fin clears the ground both ways. Although, when the fin points forwards, the clearance is really only a hair’s width. How’s that for tolerance? :D

Managed to achieve both with the front wheel in its proper rearward position, without rotating it upright. The front strut has a rather stiff locking position which lifts the front end just that bit more.

3095D007-109A-43F0-A53D-6BFA7261055E.jpeg

8E842073-9218-48BF-A0BE-9635B936F866.jpeg

Just pleased that nothing drags along under the fighter now, although it seems to be something that's nearly an oversight on Sentinel's part. In this re-imagined Legioss, the Zeta can only take off from billiard-table smooth tarmac.. 

Don't apologize for that, the shoulder fin deserves it. :lol:

If there wasn't any risk of utterly fouling up the head, I'd try lengthening the slot so the fin folds farther.  Having a sliding pivot like Jenius mentioned would really have helped it.

Edited by Chronocidal

I remember talking to Sentinel years ago when the Legioss was like a month before hitting shelves. I asked about a Tread and they indicated if sales were really good, the Legioss was designed so it would be possible. Then the person said "but the only one people would buy is blue right?" 

Peachy. <_<

Makes business sense, but still.

If they never do a red Tread, I guess I could always repaint a blue one.  But I suspect we’re still a few years away from even getting a Tread (with everything possible in their Mospeada pipeline).

I still don’t know what the slots on the Legioss forearms are for.  But it seems like obvious connection points for a Tread.

The Super Legioss is an unused design from the show, there's also an armored Legioss. Both involve forearm embellishments. The forearm slots give Sentinel the option to make these... Or maybe Trex the option to do WF exclusives in the future like the Arcadia YF19 advanced parts.