Thanks guys.. I'll give it a shot. So far I've managed to transform mine once but I haven't figured out how to rotate this hip in order to move it to the back yet. So far the thigh piece seems to get in the way any direction I turn it. Does anyone have a link to a video or have screenshots on how that's done?

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Thanks guys.. I'll give it a shot. So far I've managed to transform mine once but I haven't figured out how to rotate this hip in order to move it to the back yet. So far the thigh piece seems to get in the way any direction I turn it. Does anyone have a link to a video or have screenshots on how that's done?

I initially opened it up to rotate it back but from then on, it still kept going out of place when I transformed it to different modes. I ended up forcing it back but I can't remember if I had the tab rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. I remember rotating it to one direction with some force allows it to go in compared to the other way. 

Edited by crackpot

Its nice that the left wing doesnt pop out this time, but I have issues with the vertical stabilizer popping out a lot and the right intake side cover pops out very easily

Other than that, this is yet another beauitful piece.

FE187CAA-0AA4-4B9E-9183-900B81DB84E9.jpeg

EDDF56E5-06BE-4F9F-8FEE-7D68E31CC2C4.jpeg

23CF5D7E-57CB-46EE-ADC2-9F96B7F01FCF.jpeg

Edited by Guyffon

On 22/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, Perxion said:

My first time with amiami, I ordered a Legioss Z through DHL to Argentina

Good luck with that. Here in Chile, apart from the expensive DHL shipping, they also charged me with the same amount in terms of customs and service fees. So, at least for the Zeta, I'll just wait till post services return to normal operations.

17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's scary how they transform an expensive figure. It's like I'm seating on the edge of the seat waiting for something to crack. It's like handling a $30 transforming toy. :ph34r:

I think he just transformed enough toys that his touch is already very sensitive to when to stop and when to go full power on force.  

I cant do it, not for a Sentinel toy :ph34r:.  

It's a fair and unbiased review, and he specifically addresses the improvements made to the Houquet figure (who doesn't fall apart like Stig does); he even acknowledges that picky fans will want to repaint her.

He is correct on all counts. B))

Houquet_repainted.jpg

My apologies to Sentinel, to whom I intend no disrespect...

Houquets_back.jpg

My apologies to Sentinel Stig, who has been waiting for the same treatment since last summer...

Houquet_piloting.jpg

...and a special apology to Jason, who has been extremely patient and understanding with me, despite how I selfishly put his commission aside long enough to paint up Houquet.  :sorry:

I just couldn't stand seeing her in that unfinished state. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, tekering said:

It's a fair and unbiased review, and he specifically addresses the improvements made to the Houquet figure (who doesn't fall apart like Stig does); he even acknowledges that picky fans will want to repaint her.

Houquet_repainted.jpg

Houquets_back.jpg

My apologies to Sentinel Stig, who has been waiting for the same treatment since last summer...

Houquet_piloting.jpg

...and a special apology to Jason, who has been extremely patient and understanding with me, despite how I selfishly put his commission aside long enough to paint up Houquet.  :sorry:

Now that is a jaw dropping paint job.

33 minutes ago, tekering said:

Houquet_repainted.jpg

Houquets_back.jpg

Houquet_piloting.jpg

That’s purty and just about the shade of red I wouldn’t get too miffed about, if the 1/12 ride armor wound up being that shade.

Just a slight hint of pink, but still falling on the more red side of things.

Nice job! :good:

Just had a thought.

Was it me or Mospeada should have arts or at least background extras being female Mars Base pilots?
Just a thought based on a female soldier in form-fitting jumpsuit, either 2nd or 3rd liberation fleet*.

* I know Robotech dub had deviations, but was the 3rd fleet part of Mars Base or Jupiter Base. Other than Houqet's armor (probably the first fleet and she might have done custom paint job), not sure how she got it, we don't see much of Jupiter Base or maybe other colonies.

I know the red Legioss usually has Jupiter Base markings (not sure about Houquet’s Ride Armor).

But no clue about your questions.

Maybe Mospeada and The Expanse are the same universe, and Jupiter Base sides more with the Belters, and the Martians just wanna go to war with anyone! :ph34r:  Would explain why Jupiter Base didn’t get more involved after awhile.

To be serious though, perhaps that’s why that Genesis Breakers story has a female armor too (to add more females into the mix . . . and to milk that female mold Sentinel did up for Houquet).

Edited by Mog

Amazing paint job on Houquet, Tekering. Looks beautiful.  I'm with 505th- she should come like that OOTB.

It's nice to see Sentinel addressing some of the weak points of Stick's Legioss. I noticed he didn't show the shoulders, so I wonder if they're still as scary tight as Stick's. It's nice to see the pilot not fall apart with a whisper, or floppy ankles, which were two of the biggest issues with Stick's. Hopefully they'll continue the trend as they work on Yellow's ride. All things considered, it's still the best Legioss toy ever made, and I love my Stick Bernard version; other than the Toynami, I've passed on every other Legioss toy until Sentinel's, as I knew the next one I bought would probably be the last one, and I wanted it to be a well done fig. Sentinel went beyond well done, IMHO; it's a thing of beauty, both aesthetically and engineering-wise. Not perfect, but light years ahead of its predecessors, and just a fine attempt at a challenging design.

Thanks for the kind words, guys... and yeah, we shouldn't have to paint the pilots, should we? <_<

17 minutes ago, roboemo said:

Was it me or Mospeada should have arts or at least background extras being female Mars Base pilots?
Just a thought based on a female soldier in form-fitting jumpsuit, either 2nd or 3rd liberation fleet*.

Shinobu Takeuchi flew with the 36th Squadron out of Mars Base.

EXDhIT5UMAAlRER.jpg

44 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember, in the early 80s, women didn't serve front line military positions in most militaries around the world... 

Whachu talking bout, Willis?

aliens5.thumb.jpg.3ad4fa023ef14b7c54ae9bd8a3544fbd.jpg

Semper Fi

Wait....was that 1980s or 2180s?

If they color Houquet's ride armor close to what Takering painted his pilot figure, I'd be fine with it.  It's close enough that I don't think it would grate on my nerves.  I am, however, not digging the two tone color scheme on the Zeta.  I'm very happy I only went in for one of these.  

Edited by mantisfists

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Thanks for the kind words, guys... and yeah, we shouldn't have to paint the pilots, should we? <_<

Shinobu Takeuchi flew with the 36th Squadron out of Mars Base.

EXDhIT5UMAAlRER.jpg

Well, she was a reporter and her suit doesn't seem to be uniform (though like the black patterns on her red suit though). But yeah, thanks for unit numbers.
(To be honest, not sure when and how did Jupiter Base participated or just a random symbol to differentiate Houqet from other characters.

Consider that she had that before the first episode meant that she looted off from wreckages or robbed off from soldiers)

55 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember, in the early 80s, women didn't serve front line military positions in most militaries around the world... so shows were being progressive by putting women in non-combatant positions alongside men in many cases. 

Yeah, I got the point. Maybe we got used to attractive female pilots archetypes, and my imaginations of how female would look in Marsbase jump suits (skirt is cute and all, but jumpsuit is also nice with showing their trim and athletic figure and all).

The closest thing to Mospeada's female in skintight pilot suits is Shadow Chronicles, but this was Robotech canon and different design.

Also maybe being more knowledgable of Gundam--like having female pilots (Emma, Pharaoh, and Lila Rira) in futuristic sci fi setting, more so in Zeta Gundam--also had much in my thoughts.

11 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Semper Fi

Yeah, they are in futuristic and militarized society that might have leeway for female to serve.

Plus imagine female in skintight jumpsuit uniform before they suited up and head to hangar.

Edited by roboemo

5 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Semper Fi

Hudson:
Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez:
No, have you?

5 minutes ago, Snake Eyes said:

Hudson:
Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Vasquez:
No, have you?

In Mospeada case, Mars base jumpsuit seems to be skin-tight, so more curves shown to not be mistaken. (This is the fan art, but kinda wonder how she would look if she was given a uniform jumpsuit albeit with Jupiter Base symbol).

SueGrahamUniform.jpg

Edited by roboemo

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I know the red Legioss usually has Jupiter Base markings (not sure about Houquet’s Ride Armor).

But no clue about your questions.

Maybe Mospeada and The Expanse are the same universe, and Jupiter Base sides more with the Belters, and the Martians just wanna go to war with anyone! :ph34r:  Would explain why Jupiter Base didn’t get more involved after awhile.

To be serious though, perhaps that’s why that Genesis Breakers story has a female armor too (to add more females into the mix . . . and to milk that female mold Sentinel did up for Houquet).

The question being about the appearance of JB armor on Houqet and if their equipment color was red or Houqet had it painted over its original color.

Oh, I see. Thought they were different model with its story (like the old toys with storyline), but glad that they are making a side story (plus a chance to see female in Marsbase Jumpsuit, or maybe life on Marsbase).

I got my units today and gotta say compared to the Eta this one feels a little more solid. the wing flaps aren't dropping and the landing gear didn't cause a heart-attack when taking them out of the legs.

Only downer is the head-fin has almost no clearance when on the ground hehe

So yeah, one vertical stabilizer popped off when I tried to pull it out, and the back of one wing did pop off when I was messing with solider mode.

But can she pull of the Bond pose?  With legs in a nice A stance and arms parallel to the ground while holding a gun?

Damn straight!!

6DD94E67-91C1-4DE9-89EE-66E8B86A94B0.thumb.jpeg.13a8185cfd749055ed96b6be5a891e5c.jpeg
2AB78A75-1605-4284-88D6-EE967DAE3659.thumb.jpeg.4531213cedf0f3105e88795a153b26d6.jpeg

Regarding the Houquet figure, from far away, she looks hot pink.  But close up, it can almost pass for pinkish red.

More pics to come, when I get more free time.

5 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

Esaxh4FUYAIwuXR?format=jpg&name=largeRiobot AFC-01Z & Toynami "Masterpiece Beta".  The Aoshima is not a good match color wise but the Toynami is almost spot on.  

That looks great. I wish I had room for a second Tread.

Edited by sqidd

22 hours ago, tekering said:

Houquet_repainted.jpg

Great work, as usual! 

Do you mind sharing which paints/markers you used and how you applied them? :unsure: