Nah, this is the catch-all Mospeada thread.  So, it’s fine.

Regarding the series, to paraphrase a quote from Wreck-It Ralph, they gave Stick one of of the cruelest backstories ever.

His fiancé dies right after saying yes.  All his crewmates die.  His Legioss gets thrashed.  And after living on Mars all his life, he gets a literal thunder storm poured on top of him.

Unfortunately, there’s also more Mint side plots awaiting you.  I guess precocious kid was one of those tropes we just couldn’t avoid back in the 80’s.  And if memory serves me right, there are a few additional nude scenes.  :unknw:

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Reddish pink or red, we could argue about the animation color until the cows come home.

But I’d personally rather have the eventual Bartley ride armor be the same red shade as the Legioss than the pink color of the figure here and in the Zeta’s box art.

By definition pink is "reddish."  It has red in it.  You can easily look at a cell with both her armor and the Legioss in frame and she's clearly pink.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

By definition pink is "reddish."  It has red in it.  You can easily look at a cell with both her armor and the Legioss in frame and she's clearly pink.

Like I said, we could argue this forever.  

Hell, the color of her armor varies even from scene to scene.  

Most of these scenes I snapped below show the armor leaning more towards red, but you can find examples in the exact same eps where it’s more pinkish:

1E17D022-8B9F-4654-B1ED-48A9505D769A.thumb.jpeg.7448a3bc6a888f1fec8baa1f806310e4.jpegD1B9610C-3303-4873-B514-A1FA7269BE1C.thumb.jpeg.4e8a28ff3342d20f9e761de69c1878b9.jpeg9493D166-2DEE-4077-A2A5-F7C1DD403E7A.thumb.jpeg.039fbc76cc99f22a996558010ad217c1.jpegB50B6EF3-53DA-4FF8-9E0C-F7331119A020.thumb.jpeg.ea1fb418a2f756deb69d1480be4031e7.jpeg88F23A76-1B28-4D6B-9188-856F573EC6FF.thumb.jpeg.a35b947d5cce39d7139110f783c1aba8.jpegA3063E46-109F-40CF-99BE-F7034841BB83.thumb.jpeg.677fd0d0c47ab4515c91fc89c41e81d8.jpegA1849B72-54CB-4679-86BC-E18D5200A1E5.thumb.jpeg.eb9012f645da570eb221c8fcfc8f2d1d.jpeg97E4BABC-4AC5-46F0-80D2-5071E46FDE6E.thumb.jpeg.807c5e55a8c3d83e2da95e795e4a742f.jpeg

Bottom line:  I don’t think we can rely on the animation to say whether the armor is definitively red or pink.

PERSONALLY, I’d like for it to be definitively red.  But if we’re arguing whether the final product’s color is more red or more pink, I can live with that compromise position.

Just NOT that metallic or hot pink color in the poster above.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

you only get the poster if you preorder it from that 1 store that have lots of Mospeada items.  

The poster looks something like this.

EeJPBYTUYAIVCy-.thumb.jpg.cc34aad15b902c546945b4e9b033f49d.jpg

I think this video shows that store

Cool poster. Likely impossible to get. Browsed yahoo auctions japan and saw nothing.

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The question now is how many of us here are committed to repaint Fuke’s Ride Armor if it got released in that pink color?

Inquiring minds want to know because I don’t know if I can do it. :rolleyes:

I airbrush a lot, but no way am i repainting a $200-250 toy

^^Wouldn’t be the first time for me, considering how much I paid for a Matchbox SDF-1 and a 1/48 TV Max (and maybe a YF-21?).

But I’d rather not go down that road, and just have Sentinel go with the right color from the start.

I actually wish Yellow’s ride was a little lighter or a more faded shade of blue, but it was close enough.  If Sentinel gets Houquet’s color “close enough,” I’ll grumble a little and move on.

But seriously, that metallic pink color won’t mesh with these guys:

72DE9C68-88E4-47DB-9CAA-55827AD79577.thumb.jpeg.0507249f7d01c931629a776c0ab4678e.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mog said:

^^Wouldn’t be the first time for me, considering how much I paid for a Matchbox SDF-1 and a 1/48 TV Max (and maybe a YF-21?).

Now that you mentioned it I am going to have to paint my beagle stick figure cuz he yellowed like crazy just the white plastic though. I took him apart took pictures of the whole disassembly and put the pieces in numbered bags I had forgot I'd have to paint that until this conversation

Just got mine today. Ordered from Amiami and was originally set for Monday but I guess I got lucky. 

The toy looks amazing and so far I'm loving it. I waited on the Blue until I read some reviews but of course that was too late and now I'm just waiting for that reissue.

Tolerances seem really tight. Vertical stabilizer fell off the first time I tried to deploy them and I don't think I can deploy them just by pulling the little piece of plastic at the edge. Wing stabilizers seem to do nothing but fall off (flashbacks to Yamato VF-4 Missiles). Transforming it has been about as stressful as the first time transforming a new Macross toy. 

I also always remembered Houquet's armor as red. The color of the mini figure included with this guy is definitely too neon pink, but I'd still buy it. 

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

Sentinel gets to side step any discussion about "what it was in the anime" since they say these modern interpretations... 

So hopefully, their “modern interpretation” sticks closer to red.  Seriously, that pink just will stick out like a sore thumb in group shots.

I definitely enjoyed the improvements and tweaks they did from the initial prototype to the second one.

Just hope Sentinel can nail the colors next.

Edited by Mog

7 minutes ago, Perxion said:

On twitter, :cray:

DBD8F638-A2FF-4F4B-921E-4FBEC58E1D2C.jpeg

Everything man made has a failure rate. One failure is not evidence of a trend. Only when the failure rate exceeds 2% (it could be argued that the toy business will have a higher rate due to overall lower QC) do you have a “problem”. Unfortunatkey we don’t know the production run size so we can’t calculate the percentage.

Whoever was transforming that copy of the Zeta might have forgot to pull down the red panel that locks in the waist in place and then tried to force the waist to move resulting in the breakage. Not too worried here, Stiq's release had some folks breaking the landing gear because they tried to pull them straight out when you should pull them out at the angle of where the hinge is. 

10 hours ago, Mog said:

So hopefully, their “modern interpretation” sticks closer to red.  Seriously, that pink just will stick out like a sore thumb in group shots.

I definitely enjoyed the improvements and tweaks they did from the initial prototype to the second one.

Just hope Sentinel can nail the colors next.

Look at the box art for her fighter, the bike is VERY neon pink, NOT red. Sentinel is screwing this up for sure. Very disappointed. Very likely a pass.

So hopes of a full squad on bikes is out the window as far as I am concerned.

On 1/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, Perxion said:

My first time with amiami, I ordered a Legioss Z through DHL to Argentina.

Date say January 26 Tuesday. I can't believe it yet.:yahoo:

Desde acá te hacemos el aguante :good:Ojalá te llegue todo bien.

Post pics when it arrives :wub:

1 hour ago, Atomski said:

Look at the box art for her fighter, the bike is VERY neon pink, NOT red. Sentinel is screwing this up for sure. Very disappointed. Very likely a pass.

So hopes of a full squad on bikes is out the window as far as I am concerned.

I wouldn't call that box art Neon pink at all.

40 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Mine came in with a reversed hip joint just like my blue legioss. For those who need a refresher on how to fix, here it is. Page 248 of this very thread.

You can rotate it back without opening the leg as was said. It will rotate out of place every now and then. 

Edited by crackpot