4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Has anyone else tried the adapter that was available on Thingiverse?

IMG_20201031_225735_321.thumb.jpg.e8505721d5ce80320e96cdeee348b070.jpg

I just couldn't remember if the Tread's nose was supposed to be folded down or not

Theoretically, it would be down. I didn't get the adapter, really hoping for a sentinel tread.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:15 PM, ghostryder said:

I haven't had much luck sourcing replacement parts, other than the occasional part out on ebay. I've also had no luck finding replacement stickers. 

I've had to replace the metal linkage on a head and replace an entire hip ratchet assembly, but  was able to repair the black shoulder hinge using pin nails and epoxy. Maybe a small screw could be used to replace the peg on your busted arm. 

Q: Does EVERY one of these have the ratchets on each side of the chest slightly OFF from one another so both intakes' don't point exactly straight ahead? My Blue Gakken Legioss has that 'odd feature' and I'm just wondering if thats all of them.

On 11/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, lavinrac said:

Q: Does EVERY one of these have the ratchets on each side of the chest slightly OFF from one another so both intakes' don't point exactly straight ahead? My Blue Gakken Legioss has that 'odd feature' and I'm just wondering if thats all of them.

Pretty much all of them from my experience. My Red Singapore one is worse than my MIJ Blue and Green ones. Once locked into fighter mode, with that shoulder array flap clicked into place, the difference seems less noticeable.

Is anyone else beside me still waiting on their Sentinel ETA Legioss from BBTS? I can't imagine it taking nearly half a year for any sort of shipment to arrive even by the slowest method of shipping across the ocean. People have gotten theirs from BBTS months ago and I can't seem to get a helpful answer from them on if I should still be expecting to get one or not.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Is anyone else beside me still waiting on their Sentinel ETA Legioss from BBTS? I can't imagine it taking nearly half a year for any sort of shipment to arrive even by the slowest method of shipping across the ocean. People have gotten theirs from BBTS months ago and I can't seem to get a helpful answer from them on if I should still be expecting to get one or not.

I am as well. Last I was told they were waiting on the rest of their order but yes, this is unusual for them. Interestingly, it is not listed as "Sold Out" as it does normally when no more to be had. It shows as still "Pre-Order Sold Out" so clearly they expected X amount and only got in y so far. I am close to giving up and ordering at scalped pricing.

9 hours ago, Atomski said:

I am as well. Last I was told they were waiting on the rest of their order but yes, this is unusual for them. Interestingly, it is not listed as "Sold Out" as it does normally when no more to be had. It shows as still "Pre-Order Sold Out" so clearly they expected X amount and only got in y so far. I am close to giving up and ordering at scalped pricing.

What is scalper pricing on those?

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Is this a reissue? Looks familiar.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

I was wondering the same. I can't tell the difference with the previous Wave kits

I think it’s a reissue with 3 different heads so you can choose which one to build. So if you want all three, you have to buy 3 sets. 

Here’s some photos from the previous kit from HobbySearch:

5CC87E0D-EAA5-435E-B9C8-FFE137214019.thumb.jpeg.2ea7ae01eaf8e0122255835f7d5addcc.jpeg0230D592-5298-484D-8D1B-0F95B67EE809.thumb.jpeg.0e452fc1c2e4bd68633369344aeca351.jpeg

2BDCB480-63E8-445D-A32F-4962D01D7EB8.thumb.jpeg.d6f96044b119905b3069ffdbb761ddb0.jpegEEEBC960-AE7F-4E4E-911E-D7B8CEBF768A.thumb.jpeg.6a139f46afb927ceacf2f38663b52955.jpeg

D373841C-E2D7-4BD3-95D7-BA96637F7D30.thumb.jpeg.420b19b7e6bed461873d4b12ef89f43c.jpegE256AB49-02D9-4089-9C7A-A883B83CC192.thumb.jpeg.4d9b5d9ec60f68b89f26fe94e2f8f849.jpeg

Here’s from the new photos from the ‘Multiplex’ kit:

4212CD01-300D-4C5C-B49A-BD2D8676BBF3.thumb.jpeg.6f443d2947fb9086bc45b090042b9a98.jpeg

7969D0F1-E72B-40CB-8C1C-2F76BEFE2191.thumb.jpeg.82606d8b55e15cef477d1de318c44f4d.jpeg

B8B59495-0AD2-4022-BA18-A6355E7811BF.thumb.jpeg.1c542e06a6874561c17fed7df193e6a1.jpeg

The question now is if it comes with 3 different heads, will the kit comes in white and grey colored parts?

Edited by no3Ljm

16 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Haven't built a Wave kit yet, but I hear mostly good things about them.

Most Wave kits are awesome, which is why they fetch so much on the aftermarket.  :good:

I'd highly recommend this one, especially since it's the same scale as the old Imai kits.  You can mix-and-match parts to make a decent Armo-Diver, for instance:

bullshit.jpg

13 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

4200 yen for that tiny kit, ouch!!! Only 11cm. 

It's a tiny kit because they're working from the tiny measurements Tatsunoko provided (which we all know don't make a lick of sense).  What they call "1:72" is barely even 1:100 scale, based on the animation (or any other real-world model kit scale).

Note Imai's standing pilot figure would be exactly six feet tall at 1:72 scale, but there's no way he's gonna fit in that cockpit. <_<

Instead, Imai included an undersized seated pilot to fit in their undersized Armo-Fighter cockpit:

inconsistently-scaled.jpg

So yeah, they're tiny kits because they're 1:72 scale in name only:unsure:

The official measurements might be late game calculations. Like, the team had sizes in mind for the crafts, then the script was tweaked to make the Legioss more central to the plot line. Now the gang needs to be able to hide the jet under shrubs and float it on a raft instead of just blowing a new one up every other episode. So at that point, the creators are like "we should make it really small" and revise the dimensions down. Either that note doesn't go to the animators or the animators just went with what looked cool. The story does make more sense if the Legioss is tiny... though some things still remain pretty outlandish.

For those who's still looking for Sentinel Legioss Eta.

Mandarake has a used one for Y27000: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1150213050

If you prefer minty new, AmazonJP has one for Y33800: https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B081D3DZP8/

Or looking for Gakken Legioss Eta. There's a used one at Mandarake for Y25000: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1148283551

Edited by no3Ljm

On 11/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, jenius said:

The official measurements might be late game calculations. Like, the team had sizes in mind for the crafts, then the script was tweaked to make the Legioss more central to the plot line. Now the gang needs to be able to hide the jet under shrubs and float it on a raft instead of just blowing a new one up every other episode. So at that point, the creators are like "we should make it really small" and revise the dimensions down.

That would certainly fit their MO.  We know from Southern Cross (which they put into production immediately after Mospeada) that they tended to rush these shows through development in those days, and that half-formed and incomplete ideas sometimes made it into actual production scripts.

However, I suspect it's more likely that the series was designed and produced from model sheets without physical measurements established, and that concrete stats were only made up after the fact for merchandising purposes.

4 hours ago, Tober said:

At least they aren't pretending to ignore Hoquet. :unsure:

They're just scaled-down versions of the Megahouse ride-armor -- complete with the awkwardly high shoulders and stupidly small tires -- so naturally, there's no Houquet (since Megahouse never made her). <_<