2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

The only Mospeada CM's I have are the Pilotless Legioss Drone version & that's only because no one else ever made it. Quality isn't to bad, however if you feel the Sentinel doesn't have enough locking mechanisms, the CM has none. Also, the Legioss/Tread combo is a total after thought on design... Toynami did it better in this case. 

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

How good IS the CMS? My experience with their products is so hit/miss and generally dated but I'd like to start adding more Legioss variants at very least.

The tread is easily closest to the line art and reviewed as a solidly manufactured toy.

The legioss has a cheep feel and wonky proportions...but def more durable than the toynami mpc abominations (with their disintegrating parts).

3 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

They're pretty bad... The Evoulution Toy Legioss isn't good but it's much better than the CMs.

1 hour ago, Glasswave said:

The tread is easily closest to the line art and reviewed as a solidly manufactured toy.

But to echo what @505thAirborne said, the fighter combo is shite.

And the yellow array on the Tread sticks up incorrectly in bomber mode.  None of the lineart ever showed the yellow array positioned the way CM’s has it.

14 hours ago, Mog said:

But to echo what @505thAirborne said, the fighter combo is shite.

And the yellow array on the Tread sticks up incorrectly in bomber mode.  None of the lineart ever showed the yellow array positioned the way CM’s has it.

I was speaking to the overall body proportions; as compared to the gakken prototype and the americanized and (imo) profane toynami mpc.

**Just my 2 cents as a religiously devoted fan of Genesis Climber Mospeada since 1985.

P.s. fully agree about the legioss and horrible hookup ;)

Finally the Legioss arrived to Argentina. From June until yesterday October 14.

Very slow for me (BBTS), but very well packed.

The figure is extraordinary!

I have not transform it yet, but I note that the reverse leg pivot problem isn't there. I'll see it when I transform the figure.

The only thing that I noticed so far is that this part came rotated 90° to the inside (See pic)

Regards!

image.thumb.png.2ab0b55164be5507f655638e3423d84e.png

IMG-3682.thumb.jpg.4cc38a89037325b3eae33ff044fd7017.jpg

On 10/13/2020 at 10:01 AM, Glasswave said:

Ok it's killing me : What are the odds that these B25's actually get produced??

*And no fuke in that line-up reminds me of megahouse (not in a good way) ;)

Screenshot_20201013-130420~2.png

Wait are those fully variable 1:48 ride armors?

4 hours ago, Perxion said:

Finally the Legioss arrived to Argentina. From June until yesterday October 14.

Very slow for me (BBTS), but very well packed.

The figure is extraordinary!

I have not transform it yet, but I note that the reverse leg pivot problem isn't there. I'll see it when I transform the figure.

The only thing that I noticed so far is that this part came rotated 90° to the inside (See pic)

Regards!

image.thumb.png.2ab0b55164be5507f655638e3423d84e.png

IMG-3682.thumb.jpg.4cc38a89037325b3eae33ff044fd7017.jpg

That part pops out for the stand so easy fix.

I just noticed something cool.  On the display stand "Tread Arm" adapter that you use for fighter mode there is a recessed area to stow that crotch vernier vent that you have to pop out to plug adapter in to so you don't lose it.  Pretty thoughtful...

1 minute ago, Kuma Style said:

Thank you guys for the input on the CMS. I think I'm just going to stick to disliking the Sentinel for the moment, lol.

Also, finishing up the gallery fort it and  got to the mini rider... man this thing is a travesty.

16-158.png

What makes you say that?  Looks pretty damn impressive to me for the tiny size.

Maybe all the people who love this Sentinel product are tainted by the experience of just about every other Legioss toy and Kuma hasn't been subjected to that so he's able to give a more unbiased opinion based on his experiences with other $250 toys. If you've handled the Evolution Toy, CM's, or Toynami lately, then you have a different definition of "trash quality" than he does. It says a lot when a toy has shoulders that are frozen in place and a pilot that falls apart easily is the BEST Legioss toy you can get. The bar wasn't very high. 

For my part, I have really high hopes. Almost all my issues with this toy are fit/finish related and could easily be rectified in a reissue to make it an amazing toy. No reissue was ever going to make the CM's or ET toys better than bad. 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Maybe all the people who love this Sentinel product are tainted by the experience of just about every other Legioss toy and Kuma hasn't been subjected to that so he's able to give a more unbiased opinion based on his experiences with other $250 toys. If you've handled the Evolution Toy, CM's, or Toynami lately, then you have a different definition of "trash quality" than he does. It says a lot when a toy has shoulders that are frozen in place and a pilot that falls apart easily is the BEST Legioss toy you can get. The bar wasn't very high. 

I actually went over people bringing up older variants of the figure as justification for this thing being so poor in my review, lol. It never fails and it never registers as a valid excuse for me. You nailed it, here.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:54 PM, jenius said:

For my part, I have really high hopes. Almost all my issues with this toy are fit/finish related and could easily be rectified in a reissue to make it an amazing toy. No reissue was ever going to make the CM's or ET toys better than bad. 

heh, i wanted to love the sentinel too...i wanted it to be finally "that legioss" that one could just mess with and hav fun with and look good.  its far away the best overall (althogh i prefer the overall aesthetics of the evolution toys one more except he lack of detail on it), but it needed some massaging before release that it never got.  the shoulder issue is so ridiculous.  the pilot figure is basically trash compared to what 3P TF people are doing with headmasters etc. that size.  someone needed to go over the tolerance stacks a bit better in design and assure the quality at the production end too.   it didn't happen well enough.  hopefully the next release will fix all those issues.

Yeah.. So far I've also been a bit disappointed with most of my Sentinel made figures with exception of the the Devolution Getter and Grendizer. The Mospeda stuff is nice to look at.. and that's about it. I hated transforming and posing the ride armors and I'm too scared to transform my Legioss. I'm not that hopeful that they'll do better on the Red Zeta Legioss since I saw virtually no improvement in the ride armors. I broke my windshield off on Yellow's bike on my first transformation and have left it alone since. sigh..

25 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Yeah.. So far I've also been a bit disappointed with most of my Sentinel made figures with exception of the the Devolution Getter and Grendizer. The Mospeda stuff is nice to look at.. and that's about it. I hated transforming and posing the ride armors and I'm too scared to transform my Legioss. I'm not that hopeful that they'll do better on the Red Zeta Legioss since I saw virtually no improvement in the ride armors. I broke my windshield off on Yellow's bike on my first transformation and have left it alone since. sigh..

Agreed. Having a fair amount of other stuff from Sentinel I wasn't expecting much from the Legioss aside from it looking good and hopefully not completely falling apart.

I've considered selling my Sentinel Ride Armors (x4) and getting one more Beagle/Toynami so I can have two in armor mode and one in bike (forgive me, I don't know what the modes are called). The Sentinels look good. But they're just too small IMO. And also IMO the Beagle/Toynami's are more toon accurate.

I love my Getter Devolution too.:D

Edited by sqidd

36 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I'm a Sentinel completist and I'll say they've been on this downward slope for years with these random gems... like the products are amazing or a travesty with no in between and an 80/20 split. 

History-wise they don't really do improvements on repaints/retools so odds are slim on the upcoming Legioss being a single percent better than what you see here.  I warned people about the armors as well.

It's not just the Riobot line though. I was really hoping their Metamor-Force Bariation line would be 'premium' based on the $$$ price. I was expecting to get blown away by the newly released Final Form Dancouga and Sol Gravion. My copy of Dancouga looks great but doesn't feel very premium. The red foot robot (dunno it's name) has a glued in place right arm that I couldn't move and the left arm of the elephant looking one tends to come off at the joint. It's not broken, but doesn't feel like quality. I was really hoping for metal joints like the KO but no improvements here. The Sol Gravion feels like a floppy mess when combined and is difficult to pose let alone just to have it stand on it's own two feet. I even went into it knowing the shoulder movement was limited. I was hoping the style of it would win me over. Anyways, sorry to rant and derail the topic.

18 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

It's not just the Riobot line though. I was really hoping their Metamor-Force Bariation line would be 'premium' based on the $$$ price. I was expecting to get blown away by the newly released Final Form Dancouga and Sol Gravion. My copy of Dancouga looks great but doesn't feel very premium. The red foot robot (dunno it's name) has a glued in place right arm that I couldn't move and the left arm of the elephant looking one tends to come off at the joint. It's not broken, but doesn't feel like quality. I was really hoping for metal joints like the KO but no improvements here. The Sol Gravion feels like a floppy mess when combined and is difficult to pose let alone just to have it stand on it's own two feet. I even went into it knowing the shoulder movement was limited. I was hoping the style of it would win me over. Anyways, sorry to rant and derail the topic.

Wonderful. I was just about to pop this out of the box. Looks like I'm going to have to arm myself with a bottle of KiKi.

35 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I don't know who said it was just a specific line so I feel like maybe I'm missing a response but yea; is universal with their produced products.

The Dancouga mold is one of their best products and they actually changed out the shoulders which was the universally reported flaw so I think you should be good there.

Edit: caught that you're saying is the Dancouga you own; got it!

I didn't have any problems with God Gravion so unless something happened to where Sol is worse then I dunno. It wasn't great but I didn't spot any blaring q.c. issues so thanks for pointing this out.

Damn..  that really sucks. Guess the MMX Falcon armor gets my last shred of Sentinel excitement.

Edited by Kuma Style

9 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I don't know who said it was just a specific line so I feel like maybe I'm missing a response but yea; is universal with their produced products.

You're right. No one said it. I'm just bad at English even though it's my first language. :)I was just comparing issues found in both the Riobot and Metamor-Force Bariation line and because of the price I expected better from the MFB line in terms of fit/finish/materials used. I'm a little disappointed with the Dancouga because of the two QC issues I have but it's still an amazing piece and makes my SoC Dancouga look silly in comparison. It's not even a bad figure. The accompanying Black Hawk feels a bit like garbage but I expected that after reading your review giving it a 7 on your website. I'm not at all pleased with the Sol Gravion. Maybe my expectations were too high for $400+ I expected better.

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

You're right. No one said it. I'm just bad at English even though it's my first language. :)I was just comparing issues found in both the Riobot and Metamor-Force Bariation line and because of the price I expected better from the MFB line in terms of fit/finish/materials used. I'm a little disappointed with the Dancouga because of the two QC issues I have but it's still an amazing piece and makes my SoC Dancouga look silly in comparison. It's not even a bad figure. The accompanying Black Hawk feels a bit like garbage but I expected that after reading your review giving it a 7 on your website. I'm not at all pleased with the Sol Gravion. Maybe my expectations were too high for $400+ I expected better.

I just unpacked my SOL Gravion. It's good. Maybe if I was really nit picking the feet/ankles could be a bit tighter. That would be really nit picking though. And some KiKi would fix it right up. Score one for inconsistent QC?:lol:

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Thanks for clarifying and I completely agree. If it weren't for completism at this point I would've stopped buying their products some time ago.

I need to rebuild/fix 1 arm; the metal linkage for the head is busted, so I need to see if it's replaceable and source a part if it is;  do a deep clean of the whole toy, and hopefully find repro labels for after the cleaning.  I've decided to not address the yellowing.

PXL_20201021_012447792.jpg

1 hour ago, SailCat said:

I need to rebuild/fix 1 arm; the metal linkage for the head is busted, so I need to see if it's replaceable and source a part if it is;  do a deep clean of the whole toy, and hopefully find repro labels for after the cleaning.  I've decided to not address the yellowing.

I haven't had much luck sourcing replacement parts, other than the occasional part out on ebay. I've also had no luck finding replacement stickers. 

I've had to replace the metal linkage on a head and replace an entire hip ratchet assembly, but  was able to repair the black shoulder hinge using pin nails and epoxy. Maybe a small screw could be used to replace the peg on your busted arm.