11 hours ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I opened one of mine and left it in Fighter mode until last night I finally had the time to transform and mess with it a bit.  Definitely my favorite Mospeada toy to date.  I have the Evolution Toy Legioss', all the CM's variants and had (threw out after it finally had too many breakages and parts fall off) the Toynami Zeta "Masterpiece?".  It is amazing to me how off their tolerances are on this toy though.  Every single moving piece on it is either way too tight or too loose (mostly too tight).  I spent a good 20-30 minutes alone massaging and rocking parts back and forth to free them up before transforming completely.  Still haven't braved the rotation at the shoulders.  I'm considering using a little heat and pliers but will likely just leave that joint alone.  This thing is toy origami man..  I'm really impressed at how solid and durable it feels while still being fiddly and having so many moving parts.  Just genius..  I score it a 9 out of 10.  If they can dial in the tolerances for future releases I'd up it to a 9.8.  I'm fine having the moving parts fall closer to the tight end of the spectrum as opposed to loose but I was certain that the left knee joint and right shoulder where you cant it upwards to free up clearance for the arms to swing forward in Soldier mode were somehow glued into place or something.  Took me 15 minutes alone to get those to move at all.  If this were just 5% upscaled in addition to getting the joints and landing gear to proper stiffness I'd give it a perfect 10.  I'm really hoping the scale of this was to be able to make a properly scaled yet still affordable Tread to go with it.  I'm salivating at the possibility...  As flawed as the CM's lot were my ETA/Tread combo (with upgrade parts) linked up in fighter mode is one of the centerpieces of my Mospeada display.  I would love to replace it with a Riobot combo. With how quickly these sold out and the Zeta already inbound I think Sentinel would be fools to skip a Tread.  I really believe the display stand adapter for fighter mode is their way of saying "stay tuned".  

You're definitely not wrong about the tolerances, and it's something I wasn't thinking about when I posted earlier. For Sentinel, I guess it's a no-win situation concerning joint tightness, so better to err on the side of too tight over floppy. It's a shame they didn't employ some sort of ratchet for the shoulders, but the joints have to be so compact for the Legioss that the overly tight metal on metal joints was the best solution. I used needle nose pliers to work mine. I didn't apply any heat. I can get my arms to about 90 degrees straight forward right now, so I'll have to continue to work them until I can get more range of motion. Using a tool to loosen those shoulders is absolutely a necessity lest you bend them or break them off. The too-loose ankles are on the opposite end of the complaint spectrum-I would much rather they'd been super stiff.

But overall, it's a damned fine Legioss toy. The engineering elevates it above its predecessors. Going forward, it'll be the toy to better.

Given the little tab slots on the bottoms of the toes that seemingly have no purpose leads me to believe, as I have from the beginning, that Sentinel has a Tread in the works, likely from the beginning. It just makes sense, and I'm pretty sure they knew they had a financial and critical success on their hands. For its few flaws, which are inconvenient but neither insurmountable nor egregious, it gets more right than any Legioss toy or model before it, in terms of accuracy and articulation. It's beautiful. be patient; I'm sure the Tread is coming. I want one, too.

One little note about the rear landing gear, I actually had a rather coincidental piece of plastic become available as I was working on them.. the clip tab on a ball point pen broke, and I was able to slide it under the wheels to use as a lever.

After a few times pulling the struts in and out, I can get them out with my fingers now without much trouble, just using the little square nubs on the struts.  It's still a delicate thing, since it would be easy to chip a fingernail, but they open without too much force.

On 9/26/2020 at 8:30 AM, Chronocidal said:

One little note about the rear landing gear, I actually had a rather coincidental piece of plastic become available as I was working on them.. the clip tab on a ball point pen broke, and I was able to slide it under the wheels to use as a lever.

After a few times pulling the struts in and out, I can get them out with my fingers now without much trouble, just using the little square nubs on the struts.  It's still a delicate thing, since it would be easy to chip a fingernail, but they open without too much force.

Good to know I'm not the only one who initially battled with getting the landing gear out (without breaking them) . 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:16 PM, Snake Eyes said:

guys, I'm looking to try and get the larger base parts for the Riobot bases (so the 4 pieces that clip in around the base that comes with the Ride armour) does anyone know where i could get or who I could buy them off of, or a forum I could ask in?

anyone?

I got my Sentinel Legioss about a week ago. I put off opening it until today, since I had a few projects that I'd been procrastinating on. Finally opening it was my reward to myself for motivating to get off my backside and get some things done. Now that I've opened it and gone through all the modes, I have to say...

I'm a huge fan of this. This is definitely my favorite Legioss that I own by a long shot. The engineering on it is fantastic, everything clips nice and firmly into place in plane mode, the metal-to-plastic ratio seems just right, with a good, hefty feel, and this is pretty much exactly the size that I like these toys/collectibles to come in (though I dread the size and price of a potential TREAD). It also looks gorgeous in all modes, in my opinion, and has the right amount of paint and decal apps applied.

I will admit that I didn't even attempt deploying the landing gear. All of the tolerances on this are so tight (as in, REALLY tight) that I just don't want to risk breaking anything. Besides, I'll never be displaying it with the landing gear out. I also went straight to the instruction book for transforming it; usually, a big part of the fun for me is trying to figure out the transformation on my own, but, again, due to the tight tolerances and how you don't know if a part is about to release from a tab or is about to break, I just didn't want to risk it.

The little rider figure is super floppy and the arms fall off if you look at it wrong, but, as the owner of a very sizable number of different Megazone 23 Garlands, I've learned to appreciate ball joints that pop off instead of breaking (this is my view of the Sentinel ride armors, too).

Finally, and most importantly, a HUGE thank you to @Sildani who came to my rescue when my Amazon.jp preorder was canceled. Great to deal with, very helpful, and very very fair. I really appreciate it. Thank you!

5 hours ago, danth said:

So, no sign of my replacement hand from Sentinel. I think it's been a couple months since they said they'd send it. I assume it's not gonna happen.

Hmm, anyone know of good replacement hands in this scale?

If they’re sending it by boat, it seems like average shipping time has been about 10 weeks, based on everyone’s anecdotal experiences getting stuff from Asia.

I’m assuming you’re in the US?

4 hours ago, Mog said:

If they’re sending it by boat, it seems like average shipping time has been about 10 weeks, based on everyone’s anecdotal experiences getting stuff from Asia.

I’m assuming you’re in the US?

US, yeah. Hmm, maybe I'll give it another few weeks then, if it's on a boat.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:25 AM, Snake Eyes said:

that shot reminds me of when Scott burst through the door of that fortress in the mountain with the fireball behind him.

Awesome shot Kuma Style

Ty man.

10 hours ago, danth said:

US, yeah. Hmm, maybe I'll give it another few weeks then, if it's on a boat.

Did you get actual tracking? They normally send parts via ems/registered mail and not sea. I'd follow up.

So, I finally got my replacement hand from Sentinel!

I knew if I complained about not getting it, I would get it pretty much immediately after. That's just how my life works.

Now for the bad news! It was shipped directly from China in a paper envelope. So of course it arrived broken. Thumb snapped right off! So now I had a right hand with a broken thumb and a right hand with a broken trigger finger. Again, that's just how my life works.

Now for the good news! It wasn't hard to push the rod out with a thumbtack, swap the broken trigger finger with the good trigger finger, and replace the rod. Now I have one perfect right hand and one that appears to have been hit by an Inbit beam cannon.

Anyway my Legioss is now good as new, but I'm never gonna transform it again.

Seriously, how has nobody else broken a finger on this thing? How do you fold it up in the forearm and not crush it against the inner arm or slice off fingers with the vertical stab?

Edited by danth

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

Pretty good deal on a Gakken Cyclone. He sent me closer pics. Doesn't appear to be any yellowing. Also sounds like he will take a lower offer. I'm tempted. But I alreday have one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353224316793?ul_noapp=true

209046569_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.8e46b976117a667683fd50b791fd44e9.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.4337e7f24a2de5da626ddb4059a7a566.jpg

Ooh!  I've always wanted one of those...

(checks listing)

Robotech packaging that's an easy pass.

10 hours ago, danth said:

Seriously, how has nobody else broken a finger on this thing? How do you fold it up in the forearm and not crush it against the inner arm or slice off fingers with the vertical stab?

Disclaimer: I don't own a Sentinel Legioss, so this may not apply due to possible peculiarities in its transformation. From my ownership of the Toynami Legioii I learned to basically transform everything else (bicep/forearm collapse, tailfins, etc) prior to stowing the hands. When everything else is already in place it only became necessary to pose the fingers such that they could fit into the hand cavity in the forearm and be able to close the arm cover without resistance. Never had a broken hand on any of the Toynamis while following that procedure, even though those hands were notorious for breakage and their apparent construction from dessicated artificial cheese spread.

6 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

From my ownership of the Toynami Legioii I learned to basically transform everything else (bicep/forearm collapse, tailfins, etc) prior to stowing the hands.

Good idea. I'm sure I would have thought of it eventually...

Yeah, that will eliminate a few pinch points.

16 hours ago, Mommar said:

I think it’s cool looking.

It is!

I think that's part of why I find it funny. Most Robotech fan designs are laughably bad. This one is super ridiculous (Mospiigaa?) yet actually kind of works!

Seeing how the Inbit appropriated the human form, and the Armo-soldier idea, I could see them doing this!

1 minute ago, roboemo said:

So a dumb question.
What was the new Mospeada artbook again?
Not the Complete Works, the other?
Between that and the new one, which one should be better (but both of them are expensive)?

The Entertainment Archive Genesis Climber MOSPEADA File?

Neither book was particularly expensive... the new one is less than $30 US (not counting shipping).