3 hours ago, vladykins said:

I just found a Beagle Stick ride armor at Mandarake for 32,000. I *almost* bought it, but since I just bought the Sentinel version of Stick and I know the look I would get if this showed up right now right after my Sentinel Stick.  :lol:

Box has "some" damage which they call heavy damage, but toy looks excellent. Cloth doesn't even look disintegrated yet.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1140330710&ref=list&keyword=mospeada&lang=en

Please buy this before I change my mind.

I bought a MISB unit from Jenius a year ago. The suit looked mint...............................until I moved it.:rofl: Not his fault/problem obviously.

Someone was asking at one point if people were interested in replacements. Too bad that was vaporware. Jenius has a great video of how to fix your existing one with RIT dye (I think). Yeah, I'm way too lazy/busy to do that.:D Boiling water!?!?!?! That's like effort level 9000!!!

Well, gotta get out of here and go to the gym.

16 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I've been on the fence about buying a Beagle for a while and that's probably the best price I'm gonna see (certainly better than the $1k I saw at Frank & Sons before the pandemic started). Thanks for the heads' up vladykins! 

Glad you picked it up. It was tempting me for a bit!

On 9/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, sqidd said:

Someone was asking at one point if people were interested in replacements. Too bad that was vaporware. Jenius has a great video of how to fix your existing one with RIT dye (I think). Yeah, I'm way too lazy/busy to do that.:D Boiling water!?!?!?! That's like effort level 9000!!!

I did the dye job on my Scott's jammies just this weekend. I'm pleased with the result. Now I don't have red flakes coming off every time I look at it.

IMG_20200920_101556.jpg

Edited by magicsp00n

19 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

I did the dye job on my Scott's jammies just this weekend. I'm pleased with the result. Now I don't have red flakes coming off every time I look at it.

IMG_20200920_101556.jpg

Looks great! Even though he doesn't look very happy about it.:p

guys, I'm looking to try and get the larger base parts for the Riobot bases (so the 4 pieces that clip in around the base that comes with the Ride armour) does anyone know where i could get or who I could buy them off of, or a forum I could ask in?

My dual order just showed up from Anime Export finally, their courier wasn't too bad, but did take a couple weeks to ship.  I waited for a Kakizaki to arrive, and shipped that together with a pair of VF-1 missile sets, and the two Legioss, so the box was a bit cramped.  They didn't pad it badly, but the Legioss boxes got a little crumpled on the corners and edges from the tight packing.  Both arrived in fine shape though. ^_^

First impression.. Riobot saw Bandai's Sv-262, and said "hold my beer."  This thing is a complex mess of tiny parts, and I do wish it was bigger, but it functions very well.  Ankles are a bit loose, but seems to stand up decently anyhow.

Overall it's really pretty, and definitely satisfies that promise I made myself to finally pick up a Legioss if anyone ever managed to nail the proportions.

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

My dual order just showed up from Anime Export finally, their courier wasn't too bad, but did take a couple weeks to ship.  I waited for a Kakizaki to arrive, and shipped that together with a pair of VF-1 missile sets, and the two Legioss, so the box was a bit cramped.  They didn't pad it badly, but the Legioss boxes got a little crumpled on the corners and edges from the tight packing.  Both arrived in fine shape though. ^_^

First impression.. Riobot saw Bandai's Sv-262, and said "hold my beer."  This thing is a complex mess of tiny parts, and I do wish it was bigger, but it functions very well.  Ankles are a bit loose, but seems to stand up decently anyhow.

Overall it's really pretty, and definitely satisfies that promise I made myself to finally pick up a Legioss if anyone ever managed to nail the proportions.

My copy's ankles were fairly loose, too- not to the point of floppiness, but to the point that they won't tolerate too many dynamic poses where any sort of weight is unevenly distributed between the legs. We're at the point where it should be a commonplace technique to have ratcheted ball joints; essentially the ball has divots like a golf ball, and the socket has a nub or nubs to give a ratcheting effect and strength to the ball joint. It's a compromise to the freedom of movement offered by using ball joints, but if the ball has a lot of divots, it can still offer a good range, but with additional bonus of maintaining its position better. In lieu of that, even a durable coating over the ball that provides more friction would be extremely helpful. 

I transformed mine back to fighter yesterday for the first time since I got it (I usually keep it in Armo Soldier mode, as that's my favorite), and had a heck of a time trying to get the main gears out. Those things are tight. I used a pair of tweezers, as I was going to rip my thumbnail off try to get it that way. Even with tweezers, it was a challenge. I finally got them, but it probably took me close to an hour to get both of them out. Not sure why they made them so tight, but I'm hoping that little joint will loosen a bit for the next time. Love the ground clearance this thing has, as opposed to pretty much every other Legioss toy that's ever been made. Just overall, I love the engineering, and the look of it. It's a thing of beauty, and the Legioss toy I waited for for years (the only other toy I own is the Toynami Stick version, and the issues with that toy are well known).

I don't have an issue with the small parts, but I will echo Chronocidal's wish that it was a little bigger. As it is, though, I'm super pleased with it.

I opened one of mine and left it in Fighter mode until last night I finally had the time to transform and mess with it a bit.  Definitely my favorite Mospeada toy to date.  I have the Evolution Toy Legioss', all the CM's variants and had (threw out after it finally had too many breakages and parts fall off) the Toynami Zeta "Masterpiece?".  It is amazing to me how off their tolerances are on this toy though.  Every single moving piece on it is either way too tight or too loose (mostly too tight).  I spent a good 20-30 minutes alone massaging and rocking parts back and forth to free them up before transforming completely.  Still haven't braved the rotation at the shoulders.  I'm considering using a little heat and pliers but will likely just leave that joint alone.  This thing is toy origami man..  I'm really impressed at how solid and durable it feels while still being fiddly and having so many moving parts.  Just genius..  I score it a 9 out of 10.  If they can dial in the tolerances for future releases I'd up it to a 9.8.  I'm fine having the moving parts fall closer to the tight end of the spectrum as opposed to loose but I was certain that the left knee joint and right shoulder where you cant it upwards to free up clearance for the arms to swing forward in Soldier mode were somehow glued into place or something.  Took me 15 minutes alone to get those to move at all.  If this were just 5% upscaled in addition to getting the joints and landing gear to proper stiffness I'd give it a perfect 10.  I'm really hoping the scale of this was to be able to make a properly scaled yet still affordable Tread to go with it.  I'm salivating at the possibility...  As flawed as the CM's lot were my ETA/Tread combo (with upgrade parts) linked up in fighter mode is one of the centerpieces of my Mospeada display.  I would love to replace it with a Riobot combo. With how quickly these sold out and the Zeta already inbound I think Sentinel would be fools to skip a Tread.  I really believe the display stand adapter for fighter mode is their way of saying "stay tuned".