I'm all in on the Sentinel line but I still got a lot of love in my heart for the Beagle/Toynami releases. I like the bigger scale and more anime-accurate style. Like pretty much everyone, my two big disappointments are that they never finished the set of main characters, and -the big one- quality of materials. Mine yellowed really fast and for several years I've been trying different de-yellowing options. I could get the white bits white again but they'd turn back yellow even sitting in a box in the closet. I bleached out some of the blue parts. So I finally decided to just paint them. Normally I want to leave my toys as original as possible but I figured in this case it's not going to get worse.
I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Vallejo Mecha Color green gray is a good match for the main bike. Krylon Fusion on the white bits. I started with Rand's bike because it's got fewer tampo markings. It was actually in worse shape than Scott's. (I didn't think to take any "before" pics.)
Looking forward to getting these guys back in the display where they belong.

BeagleB.jpg

BeagleA.jpg

32 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

I'm all in on the Sentinel line but I still got a lot of love in my heart for the Beagle/Toynami releases. I like the bigger scale and more anime-accurate style. Like pretty much everyone, my two big disappointments are that they never finished the set of main characters, and -the big one- quality of materials. Mine yellowed really fast and for several years I've been trying different de-yellowing options. I could get the white bits white again but they'd turn back yellow even sitting in a box in the closet. I bleached out some of the blue parts. So I finally decided to just paint them. Normally I want to leave my toys as original as possible but I figured in this case it's not going to get worse.
I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. Vallejo Mecha Color green gray is a good match for the main bike. Krylon Fusion on the white bits. I started with Rand's bike because it's got fewer tampo markings. It was actually in worse shape than Scott's. (I didn't think to take any "before" pics.)

BeagleB.jpg

Nice work!

I've got a couple of these. about a year ago. One MISB from @jenius and the other one opened/transformed/displayed from some rando. Neither of them had any yellowing. The red did come of Sticks suit immediately though. Anyhoo, I'm wondering if you have an environmental thing going on? You would think that the MISB one would be yellowing like yours all things being equal.

The yellowing during storage could, and I stress could, be a "run on" effect of them yellowing while on display. That's really the only thing that makes sense there though. Storage in Styrofoam has it's issues, but if I remember correctly they're in plastic clam shells correct?

So we're left with how they're being displayed. How are they being displayed? Are they getting any UV light at all? Any big temperature swings? What is the shelf made of that they sit on?

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

So we're left with how they're being displayed. How are they being displayed? Are they getting any UV light at all? Any big temperature swings? What is the shelf made of that they sit on?

Yeah, for sure there were some UV issues with my display space that I've since addressed with UV film (and keeping the dang blinds closed). Though these Beagle toys are especially susceptible to it, as the other items in the display cabinet didn't go all yellow like this.

48 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Nice work!... But I think the tread on the reworked bike is facing the wrong direction. Maybe the wheels need to be reversed?

Oddly enough, it looks like the tread on the front, reworked ride armor tire is facing the wrong direction while the tread on the rear, yellowed ride armor tire is reversed.  I'm guessing whoever assembles these just puts the tread on the same direction and isn't aware of the reverse patterns many motorcycle tires use.....or will use....in the future....on transforming motorcycle body armors....yeah.

Edited by mantisfists
everything

2 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

Yeah, for sure there were some UV issues with my display space that I've since addressed with UV film (and keeping the dang blinds closed). Though these Beagle toys are especially susceptible to it, as the other items in the display cabinet didn't go all yellow like this.

UV is probably what's killing you. With input from Master Tekering I set my toy room up to have zero UV light. I even went as far as to buy a UV light meter so I could know for sure.

What UV film did you get? I don't have it at hand right now but I found a film test done for a museum. It was shocking how many big name films performed way under what they were advertised to do.

Also curious what material the shelf is made of. I have a theory that shelf material is a factor too and have been collecting as much data as I can.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Dear Sentinel, make these when you're with the revamped Ride-Armor designs and you get my money! B))

BeagleB.jpg

Sentinel loves to make frustratingly small toys across the board. They make really good looking stuff. But come on guys, Charge me $50 more and make it bigger!

1 minute ago, jenius said:

Shelves are usually glass or wood right? Seems like they should be pretty inert. Maybe particle board shelves are a problem with glue outgassing... So maybe no repurposed Ikea bookshelves.

Exactly. Off gassing liniments/glue or off gassing polish used on wood or wood laminate.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Sentinel loves to make frustratingly small toys across the board. They make really good looking stuff. But come on guys, Charge me $50 more and make it bigger!

Sadly they'll probably keep in the same scale. "IF" and that's a big "IF" the TV version Ride-Armors ever get made, the same scale as the Beagles is what I would want, that was the perfect size IMHO. 

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

What UV film did you get? I don't have it at hand right now but I found a film test done for a museum. It was shocking how many big name films performed way under what they were advertised to do.

Also curious what material the shelf is made of. I have a theory that shelf material is a factor too and have been collecting as much data as I can.

It's been awhile since I put the film up so I don't have any brand info anymore. I'm looking to get my hands on a UV meter to see what inside vs outside numbers I get.
Using Detolf cabinets. Mostly glass.

Edited by magicsp00n

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Sadly they'll probably keep in the same scale. "IF" and that's a big "IF" the TV version Ride-Armors ever get made, the same scale as the Beagles is what I would want, that was the perfect size IMHO. 

Agreed and agreed. 

1 hour ago, F360 said:

The 1/12 scale is very popular due to Figma and Sh-figuarts along with all those 1/12 accessories.  It makes more sense to stay at 1/12 scale if they decides to make it. 

Figma and Sh-figuarts aren't $200+

They do it with stuff like Super Robots too. Beautiful figures ........for all the money ......that are too small. They don't even do the Metal Build thing to make you feel like you got something special. They're lightweight plastic. I stopped buying Sentinel for the most part.

Look at this thing. Looks great. But it's all plastic and only 6.3" tall!!!! For $300 retail!!!!! That needs to be 10" minimum. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/product/variationdetails/101307?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvOLcgb_E6wIVEvDACh0zlgJhEAYYAyABEgJeVvD_BwE

This is the last Sentinel I bought. It's only 7.5" tall (without the wings). Just the figure retailed for $300. The wings/tail were another $100. I absolutely love the design. I had to get it. I'm done with them though.

DjGIUmiUwAAHP33.jpg

Edited by sqidd

31 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

It's been awhile since I put the film up so I don't have any brand info anymore. I'm looking to get my hands on a UV meter to see what inside vs outside numbers I get.
Using Detolf cabinets. Mostly glass.

You also have to be careful that your light meter tests in the correct range. Nothing is ever easy. Check out this link:

https://cool.culturalheritage.org/waac/wn/wn30/wn30-2/wn30-204.pdf

14 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

That's a pretty nice restoration job you did there. I wouldn't have thought that a green gray color would work so well. It looks more on the blue side.

Too bad Beagle never got around to making Yellow's bike. There'd have been a joke somewhere in there about Yellow's bike being yellow.

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

This is the last Sentinel I bought. It's only 7.5" tall (without the wings). Just the figure retailed for $300. The wings/tail were another $100. I absolutely love the design. I had to get it. I'm done with them though.

Totally agree with you.  I've only got the wings in the black version but it makes that figure even better than it already is.  That was a great find on the red version wings! Everywhere I look costs an arm and a leg.   Unfortunately, aside from the Mospeada releases, I've had to avoid Sentinel due to the cost of their figures.  I had a couple breaks in some of my figures but thankfully Sentinel replaced it for me.  They did inform me though that once the product is no longer in stock, you're pretty much on your own if anything breaks or needs to be replaced.

3 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

That was a great find on the red version wings! Everywhere I look costs an arm and a leg.   

They were an arm and a leg.....and my left nut.:rofl: I was happy just to ind them period.

It's embarrassing how much I paid for those. They're just soooooooo good though. Oh well, I've done dumber things.:unknw:

14 hours ago, sqidd said:

Agreed and agreed. 

Figma and Sh-figuarts aren't $200+

They do it with stuff like Super Robots too. Beautiful figures ........for all the money ......that are too small. They don't even do the Metal Build thing to make you feel like you got something special. They're lightweight plastic. I stopped buying Sentinel for the most part.

Look at this thing. Looks great. But it's all plastic and only 6.3" tall!!!! For $300 retail!!!!! That needs to be 10" minimum. 

When I say 1/12 scale it's not so much as the price of figma or SH-Figuart.  It's just that there's already tons of these figures and accessories so it will easily fit in to display will as much compatibility as possible 

You can display a bunch of Figma race girls next to these Mospeada Cyclone or have other figures ride the bikes and it will look just right.

The Kid concept figures are also at 1/12 too.

1/12 scale is just very popular so it makes perfect sense for Sentinel to make a figure with a bike in this scale.   Imagine a SH figuart Hulk lifting up a Cyclone or some Avengers riding it or make fun of it. :lol:.  Or maybe a racing Miku next to it like part of a racing event.    They can even put this next to the 1/12 akbranger toyota prius.   or Even a girls und panzer tank..  :lol:

Figmas are not that cheap either.  Some figure can run close to $100 and a 1/12 Motor Bike is around $50.  Non transformable by the way.  

Sentinel's msrp is normally high so I only buy certain items from them on preorder.  And the rest I will wait for sales which does happen here and there.

riobot anubis for 8000 yen, , Riobot Sahelanthropus for 19,000,, those Getter Robo Metamor-Force for over 60 % off.

Jenius "On my phone but I'm pretty sure I put the measurement in a pic on anymoon."

Got it. Thanks Jenius. 3.8cm, 38mm, 1.5 inches. Wow that's small and they'd have to be even smaller as they'd be without armor. Let's see what I can do as those joint would be tiny. Much appreciated bro.

Sentinel-AFC-01H-Legioss-13.jpg

Edited by adankree

8 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Speaking of 1/12...

Such terrible paint scheme, though

Interesting....

Its too big to go sensor-eye-to-sensor-eye with my HMR Regults…..but maybe just the right size for my 3D Zentraedi warrior prints.

And yes I am using my own non-cannon scale system so nobody correct me on scales here:p