Finally got mine.  Any tips on how to loosen the super tight shoulder joint?

And I got assembly error on the hip bar.  The error don't affect anything other than keep the leg from perfectly pointing forward in soldier mode.   I tried removing that screw but the part still stay tightly together.  Have any one disassembled this thing?

legioss.jpg.ea9e51e35ac46581eb8ca3a1a9cd8f32.jpg

Edited by CF18

On 8/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, vladykins said:

I'd get a blue tread for sure and would love a black/shadow version, so if that got made, I'd be all over that.

I recall seeing the Toynami Beta(Tread) Shadow “prototype” I guess and not realizing it was never released until properly educated on here. I think Sentinel is going to do the Iota next, then the Eta Tread and see how that sells. Point being I don’t think any shadow version of either the legioss or tread is even close to on their radar right now. 

8 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

I recall seeing the Toynami Beta(Tread) Shadow “prototype” I guess and not realizing it was never released until properly educated on here. I think Sentinel is going to do the Iota next, then the Eta Tread and see how that sells. Point being I don’t think any shadow version of either the legioss or tread is even close to on their radar right now. 

I definitely don't expect it for quite awhile, but would love it.

Hey guys, I need to ask for some help. I apologize in advance if this is not the right place. Anyway, i was considering selling my blue Legioss from Aoshima but i can't find a rational price anywhere around the web. The toy is used but in very good conditions, box is perfect, stickers are not applied and all the accessories are there. What do you guys think this piece is worth nowadays? Thank you in advance.

legioss aoshima.jpg

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

Hey guys, I need to ask for some help. I apologize in advance if this is not the right place. Anyway, i was considering selling my blue Legioss from Aoshima but i can't find a rational price anywhere around the web. The toy is used but in very good conditions, box is perfect, stickers are not applied and all the accessories are there. What do you guys think this piece is worth nowadays? Thank you in advance.

legioss aoshima.jpg

I don't know what the Sentinel release has done to secondary market prices but it was going for  between $100 and $150 depending on condition beforehand.

As to the dark Legioss, they could easily ditch many unique attributes of it as part of the "modern interpretation" theme. The head,  intakes, and lack of a sensor array are the most defining features and early retained. That said, sentinel has been pretty good about the details so far.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Is it that significant?

Yeah- the biggest one other than what @jenius mentioned above that I can think of is the hands, but while a different mold they are somewhat simpler. And, of course, the gun is different. I actually hope they stick with the Aoshima/Toynami method with the pop-up sensor on the gun rather than have it up all the time.

35 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't know what the Sentinel release has done to secondary market prices but it was going for  between $100 and $150 depending on condition beforehand.

As to the dark Legioss, they could easily ditch many unique attributes of it as part of the "modern interpretation" theme. The head,  intakes, and lack of a sensor array are the most defining features and early retained. That said, sentinel has been pretty good about the details so far.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Some of the elements are not consistent in the line art though, particularly the wonky shoulders.

I was going to say that I checked the lineart and the shoulders magically change shape from Fighter to Soldier.  In fighter they’re just like the others.

After looking at it a bit more, yeah the Dark Legioss' shoulders will be more a problem to capture accurately for both Fighter & Soldier.. but I'm hoping, as Sentinel have done wonders for everything else so far, they may just be able to pull off some solution.

The one-piece cockpit though, will not work with the current cockpit opening gimmick in Soldier mode..

On 8/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, Tober said:

Yeah, there hasn't been anything seen since Wonderfest. :(

I'm no economist, but I'm pretty sure profits are maximised by releasing the same mold in as many variations as possible*. ;)  Eg - VF-1Whatever

*Except for Bandai DX, Fuke knows what business model they use for those... :unsure:

In that case...are we getting the Col. Wolf and dark ride-armor variants??

10 hours ago, Glasswave said:

In that case...are we getting the Col. Wolf and dark ride-armor variants??

I'm not sure how Johnson, Shinobu, etc would work with their canon. Ie weather or not Sentinel's ride armors are reinterpretations or advancements of the original ride armors. Same for the Legioss.

Is there no love for the Legioss Drone? It seems to be completely overlooked now. I think only CMs did a version of it, :unsure:

13 hours ago, Tober said:

I'm not sure how Johnson, Shinobu, etc would work with their canon. Ie weather or not Sentinel's ride armors are reinterpretations or advancements of the original ride armors. Same for the Legioss.

Is there no love for the Legioss Drone? It seems to be completely overlooked now. I think only CMs did a version of it, :unsure:

Ah Good point, Well I hope it's possible - considering the core original series characters pilot the new ride-rmors/legioss. 

Also, It's quite  interesting that the new legioss is almost identical to the original line-art.. While much more of a (profoundly satisfying) departure for the updated rides. - They are Aramaki's master stroke! imho

23 hours ago, Tober said:

CM's is the only version out there that I know of and I would love to see Sentinel take a swing at it along with the Dark Legioss. 

IMG_4719.JPG

56 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

CM's is the only version out there that I know of and I would love to see Sentinel take a swing at it along with the Dark Legioss. 

IMG_4719.JPG

It's been so long since I've transformed mine to armo fighter mode that I had to go back to @jenius's site to remember how the arms looked as engines:

https://i0.wp.com/anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/CMs-Legioss-Tread-15-1024x576.jpg

Edited by vladykins

So the drones were taken from the episode where Yellow meets the old flame in the mountain town with the rich jerk boyfriend and then rich jerk bf sends the red/blue/green drones to make sure she gets away right?   Don't remember there being a Dark or "Shadow" variant? But I haven't watched Mospeada or New Gen in a long time...

No, the shadow drones are from the battle for Refless Point; I think it was probably put in to make our "heroes" not go and kill a bunch of human pilots to allow the Refless time to take the Inbit away- I'll grab better pictures in a minute but here were the first ones I found online for them:

Pair of Shadow DronesShadow Drone Fighters