3 hours ago, KFDzero said:

Resellers in Japan are fine. I'm not familiar with grey market/parallel import laws but generally, once Bandai (the distributor) have shipped to the Japan market, it's no longer a big risk for the onsellers...

It's also why certain Amazon jp resellers will not ship internationally to avoid the risk.

Maybe someone more familiar with the regs around this can chime in

You'd assume it's like Amazon US and Ebay. Most small sellers that use selling platforms just don't wanna deal with the hassle of international sales.

Also, Amazon itself is a reseller (buy from sentinel and sell from amazon webstore) and is no different from HLJ / HS/ Etc so there should be no issue buying from them.

Edited by Duymon

3 hours ago, F360 said:

Here's some photo from their pass events. 

DjS4kPuVAAADUCJ.jpg.0ae9c05c81825ea148ceb551271e2c98.jpg

EQXDyynU0AAX7EF.jpg.d0e362526fabb774829509fdd3fc831f.jpg

EQXDyy8U4AAPA3F.jpg.284abd4c389fc2395143a5cd4d6eebb2.jpg

EAwbKjtU0AArLqu.jpg.084c44747648c1fafbc314564f9878b3.jpg

EAwbKj4UcAEGMrB.jpg.a696181a596a08d59e55c7e0902b5a2d.jpg

EAwbKkAUEAAou9M.jpg.d082ab9becd877e1a366f8050713cfef.jpg

The key thing to remember is that the pics where Houquet and the bike are separate are the earlier prototype pics.

The pics where the two are combined are the more recent updated prototype from this past January.

The key improvement that I like is that the legs are more tapered and feminine on the updated prototype.

25 minutes ago, Mog said:

The key thing to remember is that the pics where Houquet and the bike are separate are the earlier prototype pics.

The pics where the two are combined are the more recent updated prototype from this past January.

The key improvement that I like is that the legs are more tapered and feminine on the updated prototype.

Aren’t those legs the same ?   If you look closer the combine version that looks more feminine is just the legs extended.

4 hours ago, Mog said:

So leaving off the whole hot pink vs. red issue, how many folks here would be willing to buy Houquet’s Ride Armor, based on the last updated prototype we saw?

Based on that last prototype, I’d be absolutely down to get one.

I'd buy one.

-It looks cool.

-It's a different design than the others.

-I like having color in my displays. Because of the military nature of a lot of these toys you sometimes end up with displays that don't "pop". It's nice to get some color in there.

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

Aren’t those legs the same ?   If you look closer the combine version that looks more feminine is just the legs extended.

The legs definitely look different. Feet are thinner and the tows went from fat trapezoids to thinner ones. Calfs also are no longer fat blobs and are now more defined with sharper edges and also got a taper.

Edited by Duymon

5 hours ago, Mog said:

So leaving off the whole hot pink vs. red issue, how many folks here would be willing to buy Houquet’s Ride Armor, based on the last updated prototype we saw?

I really liked blue one but sold mine quickly because of the stress mark on it (to a buyer with full disclosure of the stress mark). After some discussion here showing it has been an issue since the first release I didn’t have any confidence in sentinel fixing it, which is too bad. While I thought it was a bit expensive, for figure and motorcycle i could just about be okay with it. 

I’d planned to get the red one as well but at this point I’m not preordering anything. I’ll wait until they’re actually out and see if people are reporting the same problems or if it seems to be all clear. If it’s all good I’ll probably order one. If not I’ll see what comes out of these other Breakers releases, if any  

I’d be interested in the legioss too if it wasn’t so expensive. I just can’t wrap my head around a figure half the size of a DX VF-1 but for $50 more. 

Ones thing that has for me thinking about (rationalizing?) the cost of these figures, is that I build the model kits too. I haven't recently built a Mospeada kit.  But I am building an orguss Orgroid from the old convertible kit. The kit cost maybe thirty-fifty bucks on eBay I had to hunt for a while. Then we add several bottles of Tamiya spray primer 11 or $12 each. 10 sanding sticks and so forth. Let's say ten bucks. What are you up to 70 or 80? Okay now I buy like $80 mr color thinners and paint cetera lacquer. Cool. Then we add in a million hours of labor. Then we add in finishing coats. And suddenly the prices don't seem nearly as crazy. of course I do enjoy doing all the work, but still even if you leave out labor hours that's close to the same money

Edited by lavinrac

10 hours ago, Mog said:

I'm all in.

Riobot's sculpt of the VR-038L is amazing.  I'm in, no matter what color it is.  I think I'd get it even if they came out with Fuke's red one.  I'm not a big fan of pink and I like red even less (sorry, Ducati). That being said, I firmly believe that Fuke's ride armor should still be red....as is her Legioss.  Was still really looking forward to the Bartley ride armor, especially after Beagle teased their amazing sculpt so many years ago, only to be denied.  That one still hurts.

Edited by mantisfists

DjS4kPuVAAADUCJ.jpg.0ae9c05c81825ea148ceb551271e2c98.jpg.8bcea1e07bf01106efc1e4112e3b87b9.jpg

EQXDyynU0AAX7EF.jpg.d0e362526fabb774829509fdd3fc831f.jpg.0ffe1a4c1443c2313e3654360f0c5c75.jpg

Here's where I'm guessing Sentinel drops the ball.... I'm fearing it will be more pink then red when released....

Their default color option for the micro version with the fighter release got me thinking, why would they pick that pink for it? Unless that is the prominent overall color of the larger one. 

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Did anyone noticed that the thrusters on Fuke’s ride armor in armor mode on the prototype is different from the others, plus they omitted the mud guard on the front wheel.

Yup.  

Not sure if the missing mud guard is something they just left off for now, like how the figure is missing the cloth inserts.

Plus, the hand guards (that cover up the shoulders) angle a little differently in the combined mode.

In regards to color, I could accept a faded pink that could pass for red, if you look at it funny.

But really, Houquet’s always had a red theme, even with her civilian clothes.

I hope Sentinel is listening and doesn’t cause us to start a cranky “Houquet Rouge” crew. :p:crazy::spiteful:

I'm all in for the 038L ride armour... Never cared for it before but the prototypes looks so good and different to the others.

I'm now a bit upset with myself for not getting Ray as at that time I had no need for something looking almost the same as Stick but without the forearm launchers. But if I pick up Houquet, then I'm only missing him for a set.... Like me regretting not picking up Nene's motoslave from Bubblegum Crisis but ended up with the rest of the crew (wasn't going to pick up Sylvia but it looked so good).

Also now considering picking up the Zeta to go with the 038L...

Thanks for the pics Gwyn!

I just saw this video (thanks xstoys!), and said 'hey that looks like Adrian'...and now I can confirm it :)

Next time someone is there, can they flip over the legioss cutout in front of the TV? geez!

3 hours ago, KFDzero said:

I'm all in for the 038L ride armour... Never cared for it before but the prototypes looks so good and different to the others.

I'm now a bit upset with myself for not getting Ray as at that time I had no need for something looking almost the same as Stick but without the forearm launchers. But if I pick up Houquet, then I'm only missing him for a set.... Like me regretting not picking up Nene's motoslave from Bubblegum Crisis but ended up with the rest of the crew (wasn't going to pick up Sylvia but it looked so good).

Also now considering picking up the Zeta to go with the 038L...

Weirdly, TFSource is listing Stick, Rei, and Yellow as "preorders" now due out Sept 2020 for $220. Not sure is up with this, but I passed on Stick and Rei the first time due to having the Beagle, but picked up Yellow and, despite the stress point, decided to go ahead in on a Stick. Anyone know the story on this?

https://tfsource.com/search/view/status/5/search_term/mospeada/

3 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Oooo a sequel.

i wonder if Robotech has the rights to it. but very excited about this. 

Seems legit. Its definitely pink next to the Legioss in Ep. 16. I just hope they dont make it Neon Pink in 1/12 scale

Rey is yelling at Sentinel about the colors ;)

houquet1.png

Edited by lavinrac

hmm... just noticed now, from the prototype images of Houquet, She has a different backpack booster system.
She has a splitting dual booster system (similar to the Genesis breaker design)

8 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

hmm... just noticed now, from the prototype images of Houquet, She has a different backpack booster system.
She has a splitting dual booster system (similar to the Genesis breaker design)

I can't tell what you're talking about?