1 hour ago, Kyp Durron said:

Come to think of it, I only ever watched the Robotech version of this, I think I'll see about watching the original series. 

I also only watched the Robotech version, I'm currently watching the original mospeada now...
(im watching on www.thewatchcartoononline.tv , someone posted earlier)

Edited by Snake Eyes

Would it be dumb to bug Sentinel about getting replacement hands seeing as the first transformation broke mine? Do they have any sort of customer service for the US? Probably not...

EDIT: Emailed them through the Contact Us page on their website. Hopefully I'll get a reply!

Edited by danth

13 minutes ago, danth said:

Would it be dumb to bug Sentinel about getting replacement hands seeing as the first transformation broke mine? Do they have any sort of customer service for the US? Probably not...

EDIT: Emailed them through the Contact Us page on their website. Hopefully I'll get a reply!

I’m curious what they say. My pilot figure’s arm broke off right out of the box and I’d love a replacement. Maybe I’ll bug them too.

13 minutes ago, danth said:

Can't hurt to ask... worst case you just don't hear back. That said, they definitely did not go through HG. BBTS seems to have a relationship with them but probably not much help here. 

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

Can't hurt to ask... worst case you just don't hear back. That said, they definitely did not go through HG. BBTS seems to have a relationship with them but probably not much help here. 

Thanking myself for getting one through BBTS right now......;)

2 hours ago, danth said:

How did your hands break? I finally transformed mine a few days ago and my Legioss' right hand is just incapable of holding the gunpod because the thumb pops off its ball joint so easily. I can put it back on without too much trouble when the gunpod isn't on, but I couldn't get it to work with the gunpod for the life of me. My left hand seems fine though, so I guess my Legioss is just piloted by a left-handed pilot now.

12 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

post-1010-1267132897.jpg

I've seen several pictures like this that shows them angled downward, so I'm OK with their design choice. 

Being an 80s VTOL  design, maybe they got inspiration from the Harrier's wings, which are also anhedral to combat rollling moments due to sideslip.

I've always viewed the Legioss as a mix of Mig-29 and Harrier.

Edited by ghostryder
edit

1 hour ago, Rhubarbarian said:

How did your hands break? I finally transformed mine a few days ago and my Legioss' right hand is just incapable of holding the gunpod because the thumb pops off its ball joint so easily. I can put it back on without too much trouble when the gunpod isn't on, but I couldn't get it to work with the gunpod for the life of me. My left hand seems fine though, so I guess my Legioss is just piloted by a left-handed pilot now.

Trigger finger breaking at the base. Either the tailfin or the inner arm pushed against it during transformation and snapped it halfway off. It's still hanging on barely.

Small thin piece, multiple pinch points during transformation, no way too see what is going on when you close the arm up...seems bound to happen.

Yeah, I already doubled up on the blue Toynami Alpha-Beta combo.

So, I’ve been eyeballing the Sentinel Zeta for a while now.  The redesigned gun is just icing for the eventual purchase.

Sentinel already replied asking for photos of the broken pilot and a copy of my invoice, which I then sent. I wonder what they’ll do.  I had originally asked if I could purchase a new pilot to replace the broken one.

That Zeta looks amazing. I told myself I would just get the Eta and that would suffice, but now that I see the pic for it, I want that too...

I'm digging that gun as well.

Didn't they say something to the effect that if the legioss does well in sales, then they'd likely do the tread?

12 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That Zeta looks amazing. I told myself I would just get the Eta and that would suffice, but now that I see the pic for it, I want that too...

I'm digging that gun as well.

Didn't they say something to the effect that if the legioss does well in sales, then they'd likely do the tread?

The Zeta does look good (love the antenna on the head), but I think I'll hold out for the Iota, as I like the dark green and it has a completely different head design, with an antenna to boot. Head antennas are cool, what can I say. By the time the Iota releases, hopefully all the bugs that are present with the Eta will have been long addressed. 

IMHO, as I've stated before, I think it's a foregone conclusion that Sentinel very likely designed the Legioss and Tread simultaneously in anticipation that their Legioss would be a good seller. The issues with it thus far have been minimal by comparison with many other high end toys over the years, and on the whole, it's a very solid release. By anyone's standard, it's by far the best Legioss toy ever released. So, I'd say be patient, let Sentinel address the issues with the Eta, wait for the Zeta to release, and if sales are good for the Zeta, I don't think it'll be long after that Sentinel announces a Tread for the Eta. Just my two cents, but I have a feeling that's probably how it's going to go.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, Kyp Durron said:

Come to think of it, I only ever watched the Robotech version of this, I think I'll see about watching the original series. 

Good luck with it.  I couldn't get into it, since everything had changed from the what I knew growing up.  The sounds, the voices, the music..  just wrong, to me ^_^

3 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

Good luck with it.  I couldn't get into it, since everything had changed from the what I knew growing up.  The sounds, the voices, the music..  just wrong, to me ^_^

Same here. 

HERETICS!!  All of you! :p

So, is there any conventions or toy expos/shows coming up where Sentinel could POTENTIALLY show off a colored prototype of Houquet and the Bartley?

It's been so long ago for me since I've seen the Mospeada saga of Robotech back when it aired that I hardly have any recollection of it and even then, I don't think I caught all of the episodes back then. With the Legioss bringing some interest to me for Mospeada, I tried watching the original on Amazon Prime Streaming today. I can't say I was bothered by the music, voices, and such as I didn't have much attachment to the Robotech version. That said, I have to say, I found some of the characters pretty annoying and overall, it felt like it was lacking in the story department and the individual episodes were a bit disjointed. Like the inbit go straight to Earth from their home planet and invade... why? It wasn't because of the HBT energy source that was developed drawing them there like Robotech's excuse with protoculture the fuel bringing the Invid to Earth because it's made from the flower of life. They just happen to be able to detect it when something using HBT is active. It's not because Earth was particularly suited to them, they had to evolve their form to make the most of it. It just felt like they decided to try to kill off humanity and take the planet because they could like a bunch of bullies in school looking for someone weak to beat up and steal from. There many other issues I had with the series as well.

In the end, I felt a little let down and I decided I just really liked the mecha designs rather than the anime itself.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, Mog said:

So, is there any conventions or toy expos/shows coming up where Sentinel could POTENTIALLY show off a colored prototype of Houquet and the Bartley?

Yup. 24-27 July will be some event in Hong Kong

sorry, look like ACG has been rescheduled

Edited by enphily