4 hours ago, Dobber said:

Good review but you skipped Showing the chest/torso rotation step. Also the intake panels on the back rotate up onto the back sealing up the cavity.

Chris

Thank you again for pointing out the missing section! I also reshot the last two clips to get those intake side walls higher up in the back. Should be good now

7 hours ago, jenius said:

LMK if anyone sees any screw-ups :D

Well, you still keep saying "Lee-jee-ohs" instead of "Legg-ee-ohs," but I guess you'll never learn how to pronounce that properly.  :p

2 hours ago, tekering said:

"Legg-ee-ohs,"  :p

Add a couple of ee's to it and that sounds like a kids breakfast cereal made of Lego's.:D

Kids come running for the great taste of Leg-eeee-ohs!

New BPA free formula!:p

Edited by sqidd

On 7/5/2020 at 1:22 AM, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Edit: Can anybody tell me what's the current status on those little Ligaa toys? I've been away for some time.

@captain america re-released most of his Crab collection.

MEPTOYS release is delayed do to manufacturer being shut down due to COVID, so no word on when those will get released.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Thank you again for pointing out the missing section! I also reshot the last two clips to get those intake side walls higher up in the back. Should be good now

Glad I could help, your reviews are always a great help. 

Chris

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Watching that gets me even more excited for mine to *eventually* show up. Thanks for the video, as always!

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Well, you still keep saying "Lee-jee-ohs" instead of "Legg-ee-ohs," but I guess you'll never learn how to pronounce that properly.  :p

Is Legioss a Japanese word or a made-up word? 'Cause if it's made up, I'm not budging. 

6 hours ago, Guyffon said:

Just a quick question, are you supposed to bring the knees to a lower position in diver mode?

You know, I bet you're supposed to, but I don't see it in the instructions anywhere and it's not at all necessary... but I don't know why the knees have a lower position if it's not for that mode.

21 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

What's the purpose of the kneecaps being able to fold out upwards?

I'm pretty sure the ability to fold out is a result of the pivot point that allows them to move to the lower position.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Is Legioss a Japanese word or a made-up word? 'Cause if it's made up, I'm not budging. 

My friends and I were just having a discussion on how facts rarely change anyone's mind, and people only bother "thinking" in order to justify their pre-conceived conclusions.

Also, all words are made up.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Hah! I don't like to get too pedantic when it comes to cartoons, but the Japanese katakana characters do make it clear that Legioss is intendended to be pronounced with a hard "G" -> レギオス (le-gi-o-su). A soft "G" would be レジオス. (le-ji-o-su)

That's in Japanese.

For English speakers, it's pronounced "alf-ah".

Thank you for the video!
I wonder why is the hip section need to be so complex? I get it...to put in optimal position, but man.

I just realized we need a tool. Know how iFixit has the plastic spudgers to separate phone screens from the back cases and whatnot?
We need a plastic thimble set with a variety of little tabs at the end to slip on your finger tips to get access to all the little crevices and tab.
Comes in a 5 pack, made of material that won't scratch your toys. We can even sell custom sets (or finger plugins on the finger base) for various toys if they need special sizes/angles.
Patent Pending. :)

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Thank you for the video!
I wonder why is the hip section need to be so complex? I get it...to put in optimal position, but man.

I just realized we need a tool. Know how iFixit has the plastic spudgers to separate phone screens from the back cases and whatnot?
We need a plastic thimble set with a variety of little tabs at the end to slip on your finger tips to get access to all the little crevices and tab.
Comes in a 5 pack, made of material that won't scratch your toys. We can even sell custom sets (or finger plugins on the finger base) for various toys if they need special sizes/angles.

I broke a cell phone once and thought I'd repair it on my own. The repair set was less than $10 an came with some little plastic prying tools that I use very frequently with toys.... never did fix that cell phone though. 

4 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

Japanese katakana characters do make it clear that Legioss is intended to be pronounced with a hard "G" -> レギオス (le-gi-o-su).

Who needs to read katakana?  They say it, like, a hundred times in the show...  Don't you guys actually watch Mospeada?  ;)

6 minutes ago, magicsp00n said:

For English speakers, it's pronounced "alf-ah".

Exactly.  If you can't figure out Japanese phonetics, just use the pre-established English name.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

'Cause if it's made up, I'm not budging. 

And yet, you're such a stickler for those made-up mecha stats...  :lol:

10 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I LOVE this idea.  :good:

My AutoArt Bugatti Veyron came with a little rounded on one end tiny metal tip on the other end little smudger thing for opening the doors on the car. It was PERFECT for helping flip out landing gear doors, tiny flaps, doors etc on Valks, I don't know what I did with it though! 

:cray:

I'm sticking to the 'television' analogy here. In Japanese it may very well be "leggyohs" but that has almost zero bearing on how English speakers would pronounce it. That's like saying it needs to be pronounced "TLEAD" because... that EVER would happen in English. 

Real life example: "Tornado" fighter plane. I bet the Brits don't pronounce it the same as the Italians or Spaniards. That doesn't make the Italians or Spaniards wrong... it means they're speaking a different language. 

Edited by jenius

52 minutes ago, tekering said:

Who needs to read katakana?  They say it, like, a hundred times in the show...  Don't you guys actually watch Mospeada?  ;)

Well, TBQH, they spend most of the time sounding like they say reg-ee-os, so maybe that's not the best example for how to pronounce it here?

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

In Japanese it may very well be "leggyohs" but that has almost zero bearing on how English speakers would pronounce it.

Based on the "Legioss" romanization, you mean?  If you want to apply English phonetic rules, then I agree with your pronunciation... but you're deliberately mispronouncing the name, just because of the spelling.

25 minutes ago, jenius said:

That's like saying it needs to be pronounced "TLEAD" because... that EVER would happen in English. 

Wait... you're deliberately mispronouncing this name despite the spelling?  Now you're contradicting yourself.  :p

The only way to be consistent is to follow Japanese pronunciation (or just use the Robotech nomenclature).  It's foolish to try and pronounce "Fuke Eroze" as it would be read in English, simply because of the romanization; we know better, because it's not an English name.  

Similarly, the Brough Superior is an English motorcycle, and the Japanese bastardization "blowsperior" is wrong.  We know better, because it's an English name.

Now there's some wiggle room there, based on impoverished Japanese phonetic pronunciation: I consider "Invid" and "Inbit" to be equally accurate transliterations, and there's no significant difference between "Brough" and "blow" in Japanese, just as "Stig" and "stick" would sound the same.  However, we know Stig is a common Scandinavian name, whereas a stick is merely an object... just as we know Raymond is commonly shortened to Ray, and that "Ley" is another obvious misspelling.  These mistakes are due to Japanese ignorance and apathy, and we know better.

4 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Well, TBQH, they spend most of the time sounding like they say reg-ee-os, so maybe that's not the best example for how to pronounce it here?

Another excellent point!  If Japanese marketing had decided to spell it "Reggaeos" instead of "Legioss," we wouldn't even be having this conversation.  There are so many blatant errors in romanization, it's pointless to insist on English phonetic readings.  We have to apply a consistent standard of some kind... and shouldn't it be based on the show itself?

My intention was merely to provide @jenius with the constructive criticism he'd asked for.  I respect his choice to pronounce it however he likes... but he knows it's wrong.  :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, tekering said:

My intention was merely to provide @jenius with the constructive criticism he'd asked for.  I respect his choice to pronounce it however he likes... but he knows it's wrong.  :rolleyes:

Asking for constructive criticism then ignoring it and digging in with a clearly wrong viewpoint? What did I say earlier about humans and facts?

He knows it's wrong, but it's a made-up word, so who cares. Right Jen-nye-oos? :p

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Asking for constructive criticism then ignoring it and digging in with a clearly wrong viewpoint? What did I say earlier about humans and facts?

What is this clearly wrong talk? There are SOOOOOO many words that you say differently in one language than another. If I were speaking Japanese and used my pronunciation, I would be CLEARLY wrong. However, I'm speaking English. Again, Television, Tornado... there are so many of these.... not sure what the problem is. Saying "Oh you can't trust the Romanization" seems like a cop out... that's what would be painted on the plane, that's what people would read in their language.

Don't mean to sound ungrateful for the feedback on the video. Just seemed a good point for this conversation because I've gotten some comments on it before. Someone even told me the proper English pronunciation was "Lee juss" which blew my mind.