1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Mine is on hold as well.  Though they're claiming they won't deliver until next Tuesday.

Mine was in that status for like 8 hours, now it's in a 'cleared' status so I'm guessing it will be back on the move tomorrow.

Like any responsible parent, I was patient but firm with my Sentinel Legioss:

"If you don't stop popping off that winglet, I'm gonna drive a pin through it!"

197205507_immediateproblem.jpg.817cd181150799d3e9307c65ea7a8e13.jpg

Alas, my warnings went unheeded, and the problem persisted...

consequence.jpg.795e6c82ee5b64643e4e59f2cef68a23.jpg

...so I made good on my threat.

694655125_problemsolved.jpg.1dd65fc0c21b5f88b9aaf6c0c10dbe06.jpg

Problem solved.  B))

1 hour ago, recon said:

Need your honest opinion if the riobot 1/48 alpha is worth getting in terms of design and durability cos im contemplating on getting one despite its pricy price tag

Oh, I'd highly recommend it.  The proportions, tampography, and clean paint work make it a highly-satisfying display piece in all three modes, and the transformation gets a lot easier once you know what you're doing.  :good:

Nice work tekering!! It seems that a pin was designed to be implemented but Sentinel decided not to for fear of breakages??

BTW what's your opinion on Armo-Diver mode in person. How's plastics holding up. Any signs of stress marks?

Edited by troyness

4 hours ago, troyness said:

BTW what's your opinion on Armo-Diver mode in person.

Same as the other modes: it's not perfect, but it's the best we could possibly hope for in a transforming toy.  :wub:

Armo-Divers.jpg.41368919e685bdba4309fa4cf8fedf63.jpg

4 hours ago, troyness said:

How's plastics holding up. Any signs of stress marks?

No visible stress marks, but that should be expected with this quality of plastic; it's a Sentinel toy, not an Evolution Toy.  <_<

@Tekering, a number of posts back, someone posted pics of some nubs on the sides of the cockpit getting a bit roughed up from passing it through the swing bars for soldier mode.  I don't recall who posted it, and frankly, I'm too lazy to reference it. But, I was wondering if you'd encountered a similar situation or is it a matter of positioning the thing just-so to avoid rubbing the sides? 

Nice fix with that pin; makes one wonder why that wasn't done at the factory level. 

Seems like you're handling your copy a fair bit; any improvement in the shoulder range of motion? I foresee the need for a pair of rubber tipped hobby pliers in my future, as I'll follow your example, but I'll try to preserve the paint if I can. It sucks that this is even an issue on a $200+ toy. Alas, the modern high end toy collector's dilemma.:( Damn the minor hardships of my privileged first world existence!  B))

As hoped my status went from "on hold" in Cincinnati yesterday to "with delivery courier" for delivery today this afternoon.  Hope you guys have the same results.  Can't wait to add this bad boy to my Mospeada display.  It so rarely gets any new additions... 

With the sale of the Legioss thus far I think the Tread is inevitable.  They need to announce it after the Zeta Legioss release to keep us all hooked and buying up all the Legioss variants in anticipation of it's release to link up with them.

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

41 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I was wondering if you'd encountered a similar situation or is it a matter of positioning the thing just-so to avoid rubbing the sides? 

The sides will experience a little rubbing, but -- since they're only visible mid-transformation anyway -- it's hardly worth mentioning.

If you study the instruction booklet and know what you're doing (instead of trying to follow the lousy YouTube videos that have been posted thus far), you shouldn't have any trouble.  :good:

41 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

any improvement in the shoulder range of motion?

No, I can't get it to budge past a certain point... and from my experience with Bandai DX Valkyries, I know enough not to force an uncooperative joint.  :vava:

34 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

As hoped my status went from "on hold" in Cincinnati yesterday to "with delivery courier" for delivery today this afternoon.  Hope you guys have the same results.  Can't wait to add this bad boy to my Mospeada display.  It so rarely gets any new additions... 

With the sale of the Legioss thus far I think the Tread is inevitable.  They need to announce it after the Zeta Legioss release to keep us all hooked and buying up all the Legioss variants in anticipation of it's release to link up with them.

Lucky you.  I got, “shipment arrived at incorrect facility.”

14 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

if you have some time, can you post some comparison pics of the Sentinel and the CM's in armo-soldier mode?

The CM's?  Are you kidding?

s-l1600.jpg

I've got mad love for Mospeada, but there's no way in hell I'd be buying that abomination.  :lol:

• Gakken?  Sure, I hung onto all three of 'em.  
  • Toynami?  Yeah, still got 'em, and the Betas.
  • Evolution Toy?  Absolutely, they're great-looking Armo-Soldiers.
  • CMs?  GTFO.  :angry:

40 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Lucky you.  I got, “shipment arrived at incorrect facility.”

I've been getting that a lot lately with DHL. WTF is going on with DHL's inability to send stuff to the right place?

Just shipped my PW with my Legioss. Chose Fedex over DHL because I don't want to receive my stuff two weeks later than expected and beat up all to hell.

9 hours ago, tekering said:

Like any responsible parent, I was patient but firm with my Sentinel Legioss:

"If you don't stop popping off that winglet, I'm gonna drive a pin through it!"

Alas, my warnings went unheeded, and the problem persisted...

consequence.jpg.795e6c82ee5b64643e4e59f2cef68a23.jpg

...so I made good on my threat.

Problem solved.  B))

Dafuq? Sentinel designed it with space for a pin but opted not to actually put a pin in there? :unknw:

18 minutes ago, tekering said:

The CM's?  Are you kidding?

s-l1600.jpg

I've got mad love for Mospeada, but there's no way in hell I'd be buying that abomination.  :lol:

• Gakken?  Sure, I hung onto all three of 'em.  
  • Toynami?  Yeah, still got 'em, and the Betas.
  • Evolution Toy?  Absolutely, they're great-looking Armo-Soldiers.
  • CMs?  GTFO.  :angry:

Hahahahaha, I have all of them except the Toynami's and Aoshima.

But it will be a long wait until I get the Sentinel shipped to Argentina.

I do like the CM's in armo-soldier mode :lol:

1301149969_Grubpursuit.jpg.1a83842db286ed6f491d638f97cadda1.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I do like the CM's in armo-soldier mode :lol:

I once knew an Irish pastor who used to flog himself until he bled...

I guess there are masochists in Argentina, too.  :unknw:

31 minutes ago, tekering said:

1301149969_Grubpursuit.jpg.1a83842db286ed6f491d638f97cadda1.jpg

I once knew an Irish pastor who used to flog himself until he bled...

I guess there are masochists in Argentina, too.  :unknw:

Hahahaha!!!

Your beautiful pics always remind me I have to build all of John's Inbit kits!!

Mine just arrived today as well, sooner than expected. Halfway through transforming, I both love it and hate it for the complexity. I'll probably love it once I have it figured out.
I haven't seen it mentioned yet (and I didn't take any pics before transforming), but you can also mount the Imai missle pod under one of the wings in fighter mode. Why you'd want to, I don't know, but it's nice to have the option.

I just received this a few hours ago. It took forever to transform. Its beautiful, but its very very fiddly. Not fun to transform. Same way i feel about some of the Transformers Masterpieces.. just too much. If you want anime accuracy, its great, and very nice looking. I wish it had more tabs to keep things in place like the 1/48 DX VF-1 for example..

I'm glad I got it, but at the same time i wish someone would do minopr improvement to the old Gakken Legioss.. or for that matter just re-issue the sucker.

On another Note, I have the much hated CM's.. it has the Tread so i like it a bit. They at one point came out with new chest pieces with larger circles but I never managed to get them. Wonder if anyone has done them in 3D for printing.

Mine just arrived, and I can second everything that's been said about the engineering..... WOW!  Somebody really earned their money designing this.  The good news is the TREAD "should" be much simpler, but I'm sure RIOBOT will figure out a way to over-engineer  it.  That said, I love it, for now I have him in Soldier mode sitting next to my DX VF-1A Max on my desk.  Not a toy by any means, but probably the best transforming LEGIOSS with as few compromises as we're ever likely to get. 

51 minutes ago, jenius said:

Well if they're going to want that same pilot figure to fit in a Tread, some over-engineering will be necessary.

You have one coming DHL from AmazonJP correct? Mine is coming from BBTS. I imagine and hope that you have a video up before I have mine in hand.:good::hail:

Damn I have never been as conflicted as I am right now about buying a figure. If it was a half an inch an inch bigger bigger it would be an insta buy. Having just bought the shitty Toynami less than a year ago and also having its Tread not to mention their superposable it feels like a really expensive trade in.