19 minutes ago, troyness said:

can the arms slide along the torso at the hinge?

Well, it's more of a swing than a slide... as is typical of Legioss toys.

shoulder.thumb.jpg.d52d525fa7f2e9cf1e7dbe10df926af1.jpg

That's a thin hinge you don't want to put stress on, especially the shearing force required to rotate the arms at the shoulder:

pliers.thumb.jpg.1d72cc6382c0f951e537da5a35c6f5c4.jpg

I recommend stabilizing that joint with a pair of plyers so it doesn't get twisted the wrong way when rotating the arm.  You'll likely scratch up the paint on the joint, but paint scratches are preferably to a broken shoulder joint, right?  

1801443802_aquarter-turn.jpg.ae48681c48256923a276f8d0cfc0fa5c.jpg

Even so, this is as high as I managed to get the gun arm; about a quarter-turn was the best I was able to achieve.  :unsure:

7 hours ago, snakerbot said:

I just got a delivery date change notification from Amazon JP. Was 7/03-7/06, now 6/26-6/29. Be on the lookout, those of you who ordered there!

It's shipping DHL, I don't know why that will take over a week to get here this time.

3 hours ago, tekering said:

Well, it's more of a swing than a slide... as is typical of Legioss toys.

shoulder.thumb.jpg.d52d525fa7f2e9cf1e7dbe10df926af1.jpg

That's a thin hinge you don't want to put stress on, especially the shearing force required to rotate the arms at the shoulder:

The whole time I was watching the transformation videos I kept thinking "why isn't this joint metal?"

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The whole time I was watching the transformation videos I kept thinking "why isn't this joint metal?"

I don't think a metal joint is preferable. I'd think of a Metal Build and those metal joints get quite loose over time.

51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

TREX the designer claimed the shoulder joint is indeed metal. The painted grey makes it looks like plastic. I imagine the paint on the metal is making the joint tighter than it needs to be.... probably should have been toleranced better at the factory. 

3 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

TREX the designer claimed the shoulder joint is indeed metal. The painted grey makes it looks like plastic. I imagine the paint on the metal is making the joint tighter than it needs to be.... probably should have been toleranced better at the factory. 

I was just going to say that it looked metal to me in the close-up pictures posted above, but I don’t have one in hand yet. Glad my old eye’s aren’t  that off yet.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

stupid COVID, i want my Legioss NAO!

EbGOTDVVAAAaT9I?format=jpg&name=large

23 minutes ago, MKT said:

Yeah shoulder joint looks metal on 2nd glance..

I wonder if the landing gears are also the same painted grey metal. They looked like plastic in the previously posted first transformation video.

someone already broked his landing gear EbFZORhVcAEKXgY?format=jpg&name=large

I'm actually curious what broke on that leg, it looks like the screw holding the leg to the hip sheared off.  The dark gray piece looks intact, and looks like he had to drill out and replace the screw.

All things considered, as terrible as breakages are, it's really encouraging to see that many screws being used in assembly, and how relatively easy it looks to disassemble and repair when necessary.

16 hours ago, Shawn said:

Did someone think the Bandai  DX SV 262 was just too easy to transform and we needed to 'up the game' ??
I literally was anxious watching this video seeing all the was needed to get it from one mode to the other, especially at this scale.
Every movement revealed another panel to open or slide or unhinge. It is an engineering marvel for sure, but I don't know if I have it in me to tackle this....

image.png.dd0589bba18157ee18e60c97574f498a.png

Definitely super complicated transformation! I dare not to buy it and transform it. It involves too many pivots. I doubt these pivots durability, especially from Sentinel.

4 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

I'm glad it's metal, as it should be, along with all the other joints, especially compact ones like this that are under stress from weight and torsion. My only critique is that it's not ratcheted, as these joints are going to loosen over time with any amount of handling, and probably just from gravity. I'm a firm believer in ratchets, so long as they have adequate strength to bear their load, and they have a high number of detents for better posing. 

Concerning the leg and landing gear breakages, it seems an unfortunate trend with these modern highly posable toys that, even with metal being utilized, there's a certain fragility that's inherent, and to be expected . I wish they could give them the stoutness of the old Chunky Monkey while upgrading the articulation/transformation joints. Toy engineering is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was 30+ years ago, but the tradeoff of structural integrity for greater articulation seems like something that would be improving by now. Guess not. Hopefully material science will pave the way for the best of both worlds over the next few decades (hopefully before I'm pushing daisies).

Anyway, the caveat here is to handle this thing gingerly, and use pliers and other stabilizing tools, at least initially, to avoid catastrophic breakages. Thanks to those posting these cautionary pics and vids; it's good to be informed.

Edited by M'Kyuun

19 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

TREX the designer claimed the shoulder joint is indeed metal.

If you've got any of Sentinel's Mospeada ride-armor, you know what to expect here.  Lots of little metal parts interacting with plastic parts, and parts start popping off as soon as you touch it...

1382116940_immediateproblem.jpg.bcb58a64bef684ead331ee390d68341b.jpg

This winglet immediately popped off mine, and continues to do so EVERY time I touch it.  I'm considering actually drilling a hole through it and mounting a pin in there, so it won't keep falling off.

2 hours ago, Masked Aviator said:

Definitely super complicated transformation! I dare not to buy it and transform it.

There are some nerve-wracking moments, that's for sure...

scary.jpg.2ed952db84357ebd290c6301ff7c5ad0.jpg

Squeezing the clear plastic canopy with painted frame through that diecast-metal assembly is really difficult, and no fun at all.  It's even worse than the DX Chogokin YF-19 in that respect.

mashed.jpg.9637e2fc7572bf2c69eafe6e184583cc.jpg

You can see how the plastic nubs on either side of the cockpit module get mashed up really quickly.  

Basically, you're getting the same thing TakaraTomy (and comparable third-party products) provide with their latest Transformers Masterpiece line: a figure that looks proportionally-accurate in each mode, but re-invents the wheel in order to get it there.  :vava:

I almost wish some "fourth-party" Chinese company like (Wei Jiang) would produce an oversized knock-off, 'cause it's really over-engineered for such a small figure.

2 hours ago, sjoebarry said:

The mini figure is soooooooooo fragile

Well, yes and no.  It falls apart at the slightest touch, yes...

1985326267_fallsapart.jpg.84e38d2ad4b6e4beeffa79586675d288.jpg

...but breakage is an unlikely result, since the parts just pop back together.  It also makes the individual pieces easier to paint, and will probably fit together better after a few coats are applied, actually.  ^_^

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

If anyone needs the mini figs painted LMK 

I've got commissioned work that has to take priority, but I can't wait to paint all these guys in matching armor...  :p

458931394_pilottoscale.jpg.09efb82ed440ff864949522f71ef219c.jpg

...and I'm really happy the pilot figure is a consistent 1:48 scale, 'cause he fits right in with all the resin and 3D-printed fan-produced merchandise available.  :yahoo:

However...

1103840031_exhibitA.jpg.4c3c833000732b3aea1796c013b2dda8.jpg

In trying to follow the bogus official stats, Sentinel ended up with a totally-inconsistent Legioss scale.  :unsure:

See the Evolution Toys Legioss is considerably larger -- a more legitimate 1:48 scale -- yet their pack-in figures are closer to 1:60.  Sentinel errs in the opposite direction, with a Legioss about 1:60 and a 1:48 figure!  :huh:

1523129196_Toynamivs.Sentinelcockpit.thumb.jpg.8ae16f37e5dbcc81ab36e205ba4ec25e.jpg

Compare the similarly-sized Toynami Alpha, and you can see how absurdly different the pilot scales are...

660991163_Toynamivs.Sentinelpilots.jpg.472c1f82d67e8b3bd35118d6d98330d5.jpg

Sentinel's pilot BARELY fits into his cockpit.

198786697_barelyfits.jpg.6fe3f2b0faa27d0b8a894475cd0f10cb.jpg

If this figure is supposed to be an average-sized soldier, like Stig or Ray, there's no way a tall guy like Yellow would be able to fly a Legioss...!  <_<

3 hours ago, enphily said:

someone already broked his landing gear 

Well, they're really difficult to extract.  Don't even attempt it, without appropriate tools.

extracted.jpg.3fdefc6bf3ee07b9d60ec0edc05182d3.jpg

They've got actual rubber tires, though!  :wub:

9 hours ago, troyness said:

How are your ankle/hip  joints?

How's base/stand?

Both are robust and very-well articulated.  :good:

132629029_imminentlysuitable.jpg.a597ea9772f7449faf58a1b753dbdda0.jpg

They're likely to loosen up over time, of course, but this is not a figure you'll want to play with much.  It's the most insanely posable Legioss ever, of course, but it's such a nightmare to transform that you're likely to just keep it on the shelf in a pretty pose, and avoid touching it as much as possible.

Especially if you want to display it with a Toynami Beta/Aoshima Tread...

1928108932_withMasterpieceBeta.jpg.1cc17d708b43f317b2d3c7297929b5e9.jpg

Since it's pretty much identical in size to the Toynami/Aoshima toys, it works just as well... but it's even more precarious.  :mellow:

2082431629_ToynamiconnectionwithBeta.jpg.a0678f09f5479a151f4c65656c312341.jpg

My Toynami Alpha and Beta fit together a little better, since there's enough space to fold the Beta cockpit between the Alpha's legs there...

1961771933_SentinelconnectionwithBeta.jpg.f603a028919a5ed17277fce136d9bb4f.jpg

The Sentinel's a little tighter, though, meaning the arms gets forced apart a little.

Plus, the royal blue on the Sentinel doesn't match the slate bluish-grey on the Toynami toys (but would probably match the Aoshima paint pretty closely).  I'm sure jenius will provide a proper comparison.  ;)

In the meantime:

1533135593_Toynamivs.Sentinel.thumb.jpg.5c743023764555467f87bacd4bc55d0c.jpg

I expect to see a flood of Toynami "Masterpiece" Alphas on the secondary market soon.  :lol:

The scale looks perfect to me. It's supposed to be 10.25 meters long in fighter which would be about 21.5cm long. Soldier should be 8.75 meters tall or so like 18cm tall. The Evolution Toy is the funky one, that thing is like 1/40 in soldier and 1/30 in fighter.

54 minutes ago, tekering said:

Especially if you want to display it with a Toynami Beta/Aoshima Tread...

1928108932_withMasterpieceBeta.jpg.1cc17d708b43f317b2d3c7297929b5e9.jpg

Since it's pretty much identical in size to the Toynami/Aoshima toys, it works just as well... but it's even more precarious.  :mellow:

1961771933_SentinelconnectionwithBeta.jpg.f603a028919a5ed17277fce136d9bb4f.jpg

The Sentinel's a little tighter, though, meaning the arms gets forced apart a little.

Plus, the royal blue on the Sentinel doesn't match the slate bluish-grey on the Toynami toys (but would probably match the Aoshima paint pretty closely).  I'm sure jenius will provide a proper comparison.  ;)

In the meantime:

1533135593_Toynamivs.Sentinel.thumb.jpg.5c743023764555467f87bacd4bc55d0c.jpg

I expect to see a flood of Toynami "Masterpiece" Alphas on the secondary market soon.  :lol:

Thanks for the pics and comments.

So, based on what I’m seeing here, it looks like Sentinel’s Tread will be “thinner”/skinnier between the two white circles in the chest.

That will probably allow the gaps between the legs and center fuselage to be smaller in bomber mode and allow there to be less of a gap between the center yellow array and the leg boosters in bomber mode.

However, I wonder how that’s gonna impact the Tread’s cockpit size.  I’m speculating that cockpit will rotate so that a proper Armo-Soldier chest can be displayed.  But the Legioss’ arms look like they’ll go in pretty deep into the Tread.

As far as selling off the MPC’s, I sold my greenie and Shadow years ago.  But I’ll probably still hold on to the two blues I got (and the red I got I fighter mode).

Believe me, I know how sucky the Alphas are.  But I waited way too many years for the Betas, and you can’t have the Betas without sporting the Alphas with ‘em.

Edited by Mog