On 6/12/2020 at 8:40 AM, jenius said:

Being a Legioss fan has been tough going (though I'm still fond of the old Gakken 1/35 toys). I've been let down so many times now, I'm trying not to get excited about this release. 

Those Aoshima releases were such a burn. The Toynami MPCs were good looking toys, just poorly built. Involving Aoshima with a few design tweaks seemed like a great way to salvage it... instead they made it worse! Ugh. 

Although I've never seen Mospeada in its original form or its Robotech makeover, I've had a serious soft spot for the Legioss design since picking up the old Monogram Leader-1 model set back in the 80's. It was the first robot model I ever owned, and it just blew me away with all the detail and its exceptional articulation. Bear in mind, all I had to compare it to was Transformers, a few Gobots, and any number of other Japanese transforming toys that were ubiquitous in the 80's, most of which without articulation below the shoulders. I thought the thing was rad- loved it. It suffered twin tragedies, first in the form of one of the leg mount pegs snapping off, and then at the mercy of my dog's jaws. I still don't know how she got it, but she left some nasty bite marks in the nose.  But the cool factor of it never left me. Fast forward to the Toynami MP Legioss release- like Jenius says, it's a lovely looking toy, and I bought the blue one (my fave color scheme). It's still on my desk, but after the crumblage of the hands, and something crumbling in the leg slider, I just leave it forever in soldier mode on my desk. I still think it presents very well; I just try not to touch it for fear of more degradation. I've kept my eye on other releases over the years, but none of them captured the aesthetic that Toynami did with the MP; IMHO, until the Sentinel, it's been the best looking Legioss toy, which makes its plethora of quality issues all the more dismaying. 

Judging by the promos, Sentinel have really taken the design leaps and bounds beyond any other toy version that I'm aware of, while nailing the aesthetic. I was never aware that the cockpit slid into the robot's chest. It makes much more sense than having the pilot facing the ground. It's nice to finally have a Legioss capable of taking an 'A' stance, and having the missiles in the arm and leg bays fully visible and clear of the doors. Even the shoulder cannon extends. If paint and tampo match the promos, this is going to be a gorgeous toy. I'm excited.  Here's hoping for a well-designed and engineered toy made of quality materials that'll stand up to time and handling. 

5 hours ago, iKnight said:

Some old Gakken love!...:D

IMG_1638.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

LOVE IT!  Some say the Bandai Chunky Monkey's are the best 80's toy, I'd put these right there with them!  I kept my blue one, he's hanging out with his Mospeada friends in a display case. I have my green one but his arm sheered off many many moons ago and I can't figure out a fix.  I didn't keep my TFer's Jetfire some years back. Just sayin.

Hope the release does well and they make more. 

I ended up selling my yellow ride armor - it had a slight stress mark on it but the buyer was aware, I just didn’t want to be sitting on a figure that could potentially break easily. Hoping that the Houquet version doesn’t have the same problem. 

if the legioss is solid I might be in for a green or red one. 

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

LOVE IT!  Some say the Bandai Chunky Monkey's are the best 80's toy, I'd put these right there with them!  I kept my blue one, he's hanging out with his Mospeada friends in a display case. I have my green one but his arm sheered off many many moons ago and I can't figure out a fix.  I didn't keep my TFer's Jetfire some years back. Just sayin.

I'd say it's THE best toy of the 80's.

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

How will the new Legioss 1/48 be displayed inside the box,

Fighter mode or Battloid mode?

what do you think?

Maybe Armo-Soldier mode?

I’m just curious if the box art will tease a Tread in the background. :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, Mog said:

Maybe Armo-Soldier mode?

I’m just curious if the box art will tease a Tread in the background. :ph34r:

The illustrator doing the box art has been doing fanart of a potential tread connected to the sentinel legioss. The desire is there, hopefully the sales tell Sentinel hey this is doing well. And if it is a good mold I imagine the red and green will see well too. 

I’m even liking the Half-Armo Diver mode they’re showing off.

But just to balance out the love, [sarcasm] Why isn’t the Tread on the box art??11!!!!   Oh noes!  Sentinel is crushing all our hopes and dreamz! [/sarcasm] :p

Take my money! Every new pic of this satisfies some element of wish fulfillment towards a nigh-perfect Legioss toy. As I said before, I hope she's a solid piece, as everything else looks right with this thing. :good:

Yes yes yes!! The last time I felt such euphoria was when a totally new Macross VF mold was about to be released, for eg the VF-31s and SV-262s...

Sentinel's most recent transforming toy, the Transforming Johanna/Anat of the Persona 5 game, is a bit of mixed bag. As far as I can tell, it's beautifully recreated as depicted in the game. Joints are quite tight, fit & finish is good, everything tabs quite well. Yet the plastics can be a bit thin on some areas and having no diecast means in hand it feels just that little bit fragile. But to be fair, it wasn't advertised under their 'Riobot' banner, which I understand to be more akin to a 'chogokin' range.

I just got the notification that Anime Export now has my order ready to ship. ^_^   Going to wait until my Kakizaki order comes in, and hope by that point shipping will be up and running more normally.,

Until then, I get to enjoy vicariously through everyone, so here's hoping it's a solid release!