On 8/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, Tober said:

Is there going to be another global financial crisis? Let's have a look...

• Inverted yield curve? Check!
  • Large fluctuations in stock markets? Check!
  • Hoquet Ride Armor prototype finalised? Check!

All signs point to an imminent market crash! :o

Stop doing that, @Tober!!!111

She’s a cruel mistress, that Red-Armored Harbinger of Recessions:

Houquet.jpg.d584526760e064f8c8c16a2348a7c46d.jpg

Seriously though, I do hope Sentinel is managing through the latest economic and heath issues.  

I really do want to see the main Ride Armor crew completed in a larger scale.

Edited by Mog

As time passes in the midst of this quarantine, fix my printer.

And design this weapon for Ray's free hand in his armor.

I named it Hive Breaker, but I'm not sure of the translation.
If anyone can help me with that it would be great.

The initial idea is that it is a weapon that with one shot can break the barrier of an invid hive.

I hope you like it
regards
stay home!

Stepbystep.jpg

1 hour ago, Perxion said:

The initial idea is that it is a weapon that with one shot can break the barrier of an invid hive.

I hope you like it
regards
stay home!

Stepbystep.jpg

Super cool!

Wow, the aesthetics blend perfectly with the nu-Mospeada look, and the stickers are a great touch.  ^_^

2 hours ago, Perxion said:

"Hive Breaker" is a good name, Perxion.  :good:

"Hivebuster" might be better.  8)

36 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Very very cool indeed! 

Are you gonna make that ammo/magazine clip that inserts into it from your sketch,

or is it something that goes all the way in: so therefore assume it's already in place?

Could I adjust anything else , but I ‘m happy with the result. Any idea?

the sketches are sketches and the weapon was adjusted during the process.

thank you

regards

On 3/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, Perxion said:

I hope you like it
regards
stay home!

Stepbystep.jpg

That's a GREAT Name.  Nice design too.

13 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

I kind of want these but 1) the price sucks, 2)Toynami, and thus, HG is making them, and 3)they could give Rand his proper cyclone weapon.

I wouldn't worry about the price.  At $90 apiece, they'll be lucky to sell half their production run... and deep discounts will likely follow.

15 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

And, c'mon Toynami , is it Rand or Ray?

Well, they're using the Mospeada logo, so it should be Stig and Ray... but of course, they're also using the "Cyclone" nomenclature, so it ought to be Scott and Rand...  :unsure:

I just wish they wouldn't make up bullshit markings like the "22" on Ray's armor.  <_<

For years, I've been wanting a good version of the Legioss to replace my crappy Toynami, and this version by Sentinel looks beautiful.

RIOBOT 1/48 AFC-01H 機甲創世記 Legioss ETA

Looking through their portfolio, I recognize a number of figs from Kuma's photos, so my assumption is that this will be high quality. Opinions?

I'm cautiously optimistic about Sentinel's Legioss; it'll be superior to any other Legioss, sure, but that still doesn't make it a great toy.

Amazon still says it's shipping at the end of June, but I'm highly dubious...  :huh:

Well, having read any number of Kuma's reviews and posts of their other figs, my impression is that they do a great job on non-transforming figures, but since this does transform, I'm a bit leery to plunk down $240ish for this thing without some certainty that it's well made. Already, I can see the main gear doors nearly touch the ground, which isn't ideal. However, it looks really good from every other angle and in all three modes, gear doors notwithstanding. Very tempting.

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

For years, I've been wanting a good version of the Legioss to replace my crappy Toynami, and this version by Sentinel looks beautiful.

Looking through their portfolio, I recognize a number of figs from Kuma's photos, so my assumption is that this will be high quality. Opinions?

Despite their Ride Armors breaking, Sentinel and their Riobots have a pretty good batting average in my book. So chances are high that their Legioss will be of good quality.  Personally, I'm excited about the red one.

12 hours ago, Knight26 said:

This popped up on my FB Feed today.
Buy Robotech VFA-6 Alpha 3D Printing Model | Action Assembly
The STL looks like it is probably based on the old IMAI kit or Gakken toy, with some revisions and refinements.

Legioss STL Files

The way the shoulder hinge is designed, the hinged ankle guards, and the way the LERX mates to the mid-fuselage indicates that they "borrowed" from my 1/32 Beast, and them butchered the design in other areas.

2 minutes ago, captain america said:

The way the shoulder hinge is designed, the hinged ankle guards, and the way the LERX mates to the mid-fuselage indicates that they "borrowed" from my 1/32 Beast, and them butchered the design in other areas.

The forearms are particularly egregious, and inexcusable at that scale... not to mention the legs are not adequately articulated for Armo-Diver mode.  <_<

The blue 1/48 Sentinel Riobots Legioss is already starting to sell out on various sites, so I took the plunge and PO'd a copy from TFSource. HLJ, which has an order stop in place, has it for about $20 less than most of the popular US sites, but I figured I'd make up the difference in shipping, which will be free through TFS.

Anyway, I hope it's as high quality as the rest of their products appear to be. It looks good, and, at the very least,  is sure to be made of sterner stuff than my old Toynami, with its plethora of issues.

I've never watched Mospeada, and feel no compunction to do so, but ever since I picked up the "Leader One" model by Monogram back in the 80's, I've had a soft spot for the design, even if it's a bit chunky and somewhat unrefined compared to Kawamori's more realistic valks. I love its battroid mode- it's just a cool looking anime mech that happens to turn into a decent sci-fi jet. :good:

19 hours ago, captain america said:

Yeah, I don't like the plaplate design either on this model... It looks ugly.

23 hours ago, jenius said:

Are the ankle guards hinged or is that just a different angle at that spot? A hinge seems awfully ambitious for everything else I'm seeing.

I've printed and assembled this.  The ankles are ball joints with the ball in the foot connecting via a round peg into the lower leg.

That peg+ball could use some changes to make hold better.

I certainly made some mistakes when printing out the pieces which contributed to some of the joints being floppier than if I were to reprint it out now.

I posted some pics in the comment below:

Edited by Mazinger