Here I'm wondering, if Sentinel's Tread toy was made to be non-transformable and bomber mode only, how palatable would it be? It would certainly keep the costs down.

After all, Tread seemingly exist in collections mostly as a bomber-mode add-on to the Legioss fighter / soldier mode  - much like how Macross super packs / armors goes onto the Valkyries..

^^Nope, wouldn’t want if non-transformable.  At all.

Part of the appeal is that the bomber can be solo, turns into a robot/mecha on its own, and combines with both the Legioss Armo Solider and Legioss fighter modes.

It ain’t like a FAST, Strike, or Armored Pack;  it’s its own mecha entity.

52 minutes ago, MKT said:

Here I'm wondering, if Sentinel's Tread toy was made to be non-transformable and bomber mode only, how palatable would it be? It would certainly keep the costs down.

After all, Tread seemingly exist in collections mostly as a bomber-mode add-on to the Legioss fighter / soldier mode  - much like how Macross super packs / armors goes onto the Valkyries..

Nope, because...

49528331608_18fc90ee52.jpgs-l500

I've asked this before. But I forgot the answer.

Again, I'm considering getting a Toynami Alpha/Beta to display in fighter mode. I want blue. Am I correct that these two units are what makes a Alpha/Beta in blue?

-Toynami MPC Alpha VFA-6H Scott Bernard

-Tynami MPC Beta VFB-9H Rand

I know these aren't exactly known for top quality. I'm thinking I would not transform them and just display them in fighter mode. I'm not sure I want to wait the 1-2-3 years it will take Sentinel to come out with a Beta. If ever. What say you?

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've asked this before. But I forgot the answer.

Again, I'm considering getting a Toynami Alpha/Beta to display in fighter mode. I want blue. Am I correct that these two units are what makes a Alpha/Beta in blue?

Yes. Those two are the ones you need

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I know these aren't exactly known for top quality. I'm thinking I would not transform them and just display them in fighter mode. I'm not sure I want to wait the 1-2-3 years it will take Sentinel to come out with a Beta. If ever. What say you?

Exactly what @Convectuoso said.  

Also, the Alphas are as fragile and brittle and requiring kid gloves as everyone has claimed.

But the Betas are generally solidly-built toys with ratchet joints in all the key spots.  They got nowhere near the issues that the Alphas have.

50 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'd be getting a Tread specifically to try to recreate this image.  Hopefully Sentinel includes some hard points/missiles and that other gun.

I pre-ordered two Blue Legioss in anticipation of doing this with a Tread.

My only minor concern with the hard points are that they’d have to widen the gap in the forearms to get the wing and its hard points to fit.

But missiles and the Gatling gun would be nice add-ons.

Edited by Mog

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Yes. Those two are the ones you need

Thank you. I just pulled the trigger on a Toynami Alpha/Beta both MISB for $550. Not too shabby I suppose. They will work great to display in fighter mode I think.

I canceled one of my two Evolution Legioss's (Legioss'?) that I was going to display in fighter mode. So there is a bit of a "push" going on there.

Can someone tell me the best stand(s) for the Alpha/Beta? I'm guessing Flightpose stands?? Like two of them? Anyone have their displayed like this? Did you use two the same size or are the sizes staggered so the Alpha/Beta isn't nose down?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Thank you. I just pulled the trigger on a Toynami Alpha/Beta both MISB for $550. Not too shabby I suppose. They will work great to display in fighter mode I think.

I canceled one of my two Evolution Legioss's (Legioss'?) that I was going to display in fighter mode. So there is a bit of a "push" going on there.

Can someone tell me the best stand(s) for the Alpha/Beta? I'm guessing Flightpose stands?? Like two of them? Anyone have their displayed like this? Did you use two the same size or are the sizes staggered so the Alpha/Beta isn't nose down?

Thanks!

The connection in fighter mode does pretty well so long as you don't angle the nose down too much. I had no problem using flight pose stands for combined fighter mode. I own three and have swapped the rods around a bit.

Toynami-MPC-VFB-9H-Beta-4K-21.jpg

If you don't worry about banking, they do come with a stand that locks things pretty solid

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-8.jpg

If you're going to do partially transformed or varied combinations, you'll start needing two stands

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-12.jpg

Toynami-MPC-VFB-9I-14.jpg

doing anything exciting beyond straight fighter mode takes some time and patience to figure out. It took a long time for me to figure out how to balance all that weight. Again though, a combined fighter mode is pretty straightforward.

42 minutes ago, jenius said:

The connection in fighter mode does pretty well so long as you don't angle the nose down too much. I had no problem using flight pose stands for combined fighter mode. I own three and have swapped the rods around a bit.

Toynami-MPC-VFB-9H-Beta-4K-21.jpg

If you don't worry about banking, they do come with a stand that locks things pretty solid

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-8.jpg

If you're going to do partially transformed or varied combinations, you'll start needing two stands

Aoshima-AB-01H-Tread-12.jpg

Toynami-MPC-VFB-9I-14.jpg

doing anything exciting beyond straight fighter mode takes some time and patience to figure out. It took a long time for me to figure out how to balance all that weight. Again though, a combined fighter mode is pretty straightforward.

Excellent! Thank you very much.:good:

2 hours ago, edstuff said:

I'm debating one of the Sentinel ride armors. But I can only get one. 

If you were limited to one which one would you get?

Edit: I'm debating Ray, possibly yellow

Obviously, go with your favorite character. 

If you have no preference, Yellow does come with the saddlebags, the beam gun, and the beam rifle.

Ray just comes with his pea shooter, no other accessories, and a pretty plain armor with no markings.

This is, of course, assuming both are the same price, which you’ll probably wanna check.

38 minutes ago, Mog said:

Obviously, go with your favorite character. 

If you have no preference, Yellow does come with the saddlebags, the beam gun, and the beam rifle.

Ray just comes with his pea shooter, no other accessories, and a pretty plain armor with no markings.

This is, of course, assuming both are the same price, which you’ll probably wanna check.

Hmmmm I may be leaning more towards Yellow then. I do like the blades. 

5 hours ago, Mog said:

My only minor concern with the hard points are that they’d have to widen the gap in the forearms to get the wing and its hard points to fit.

But missiles and the Gatling gun would be nice add-ons.

Not if the hard points are inset.

29 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Not if the hard points are inset.

Like I said, “minor” concern. ;)

More pressing, I do hope they can:

1). Improve the gap behind the bomber cockpit (and probably come up with a way to integrate in the Armo-Soldier chestplate with it too).

2). Minimize the gaps between the two main boosters and the central array (and likewise, minimize the gap between the thighs and center fuselage in bomber mode);

3). Incorporate the shoulder missile hatches that CM’s has;

4).  Have the Legioss lock in place securely and have the overall fighter combo look good; and

5).  Find a way to attach the Gatling gun in bomber and in fighter combo mode.

24 minutes ago, Mog said:

1). Improve the gap behind the bomber cockpit (and probably come up with a way to integrate in the Armo-Soldier chestplate with it too).

2). Minimize the gaps between the two main boosters and the central array (and likewise, minimize the gap between the thighs and center fuselage in bomber mode);

4).  Have the Legioss lock in place securely and have the overall fighter combo look good; and

We'll see how they pull of the Legioss.  Except for that one damn failing part on the Bikes they seems to be pretty thorough/clever with their designs.  I think Sentinel are certainly capable of pulling off everything you've listed.

I suspect part of the reason the Toynami Beta was so “leg gappy” in bomber was to accommodate the Alpha fitting into that gap for the fighter combo.

I’m hoping that with Sentinel’s more compact design for the Legioss’ backside and feet/exhausts, this will eliminate the need for that design compromise gap, allowing the Tread’s legs to be closer to the center fuselage.

Honestly, the Toynami Beta design would be a good starting point for Sentinel to build upon.

9 hours ago, enphily said:

Just found an article with some new photos in different angles

https://tobiuo72.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2972.html

There is a little more pictures than in my post

wfs2020w_1000_08.jpgwfs2020w_1000_09.jpg

wfs2020w_1000_10.jpg

wfs2020w_1000_11.jpg

wfs2020w_1000_19.jpgwfs2020w_1000_26.jpg

wfs2020w_1000_05.jpgwfs2020w_1000_06.jpg

That shoulder joint on the Zeta looks a little delicate.

Edited by mark-1s
spelling

Well the Evolution Toys Legioss has a similar shoulder joint, it's metal and ratcheted, and despite ET's not so great build quality it holds poses and so far no breakages.

I guess if Sentinel chooses the right materials and the joint has the right tolerances, it should be fine.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:14 AM, Mog said:

I wonder how many design liberties Sentinel will take with the Tread. Their Legioss is nice, but not 100% accurate. 

Well, it's a relatively "simple" transformation process, not too many ways for the Tread's arms and legs to transform.

The proverbial devil will be in the features, accessories, Legioss connection mechanisms, added articulation, and little details they'll work in.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:17 PM, Tober said:

I wonder how many design liberties Sentinel will take with the Tread. Their Legioss is nice, but not 100% accurate. 

Their Legioss is not based off of the original animation lineart.  In terms of the alternative artwork it is based off of it's accurate.