2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Some new pics, courtesy from Yacalog:

EQZxJgSVUAEGKKm.jpeg

EQZxJgSU0AEpT_i.jpeg

EQZxJhLU4AE5vfM.jpeg

Thanks for the pics.  Really digging the additional angles that the reflections are offering us.

So, I got a bit of a conundrum:  I’d like to get one of these Legiosses, and I really dig the Zeta.

But I’m also a massive Tread-head.  And IF Sentinel makes a Tread, it’ll most likely match the blue boy.  And there’s no guarantee that they’ll ever make a matching red one.

:wacko: Decisions, decisions. . .

I still have two copies of the Toynami blue combo (and the red Alpha).  So, getting a red combo would be something a little different for me.

52 minutes ago, Mog said:

Thanks for the pics.  Really digging the additional angles that the reflections are offering us.

So, I got a bit of a conundrum:  I’d like to get one of these Legiosses, and I really dig the Zeta.

But I’m also a massive Tread-head.  And IF Sentinel makes a Tread, it’ll most likely match the blue boy.  And there’s no guarantee that they’ll ever make a matching red one.

:wacko: Decisions, decisions. . .

I still have two copies of the Toynami blue combo (and the red Alpha).  So, getting a red combo would be something a little different for me.

Why wouldn't they make more than just the one Tread?

Just guessing at this - the Tread isn't an especially popular mecha, it's very large, so it would probably be $300+ given the price of the Legioss, and likely not a lot of people would want to buy more than one anyways? So making the matching "hero" one is a safe bet, if they make one at all, but making more than that might depend entirely on how the first one (and the line in general) sells.

I’ll get the Zeta - it can keep my Gakken company - and if they make a blue Tread I’ll have no problem mixing and matching. It’s not like Stick and the Gang didn’t scrounge for everything they could find...

It’s still an unknown if Sentinel will even make a Tread.

And even if they do, it’s unknown if they’ll ever do one for the Zeta/red one.  (You could argue that the blue and green were shown in the anime.  But a red Tread was never shown.)

Even though Toynami and CM’s made matching Betas/Treads.  I pretty much stopped with the blue Toynami one.

Like I said, lots of dice rolling to consider.

Of course, I probably have a ton of time, given Sentinel’s slow release schedule. ;)

If you’re going for the combo fighter mode, the CM’s got a bunch of design flaws.

Also, the Legioss’ head doesn’t turn.

Can’t really say how solid the joints are, as the initial price and issues above kept me from buying them.

28 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Are those the CM figures? I considered picking up one or two of those. I hear they're solid, fun figures. Sometimes I see them for decent prices on Mandarake.

Yes, those are the CM's sets. CM's took a lot of design liberties with the Legioss. The Tread is much more faithful to the lineart.

They are very well built, you can drop them and nothing will break. But as Mog said they do have some design flaws. The Legioss has not a single peg to connect arms and legs when in fighter mode. The connection between the Legioss and Tread also sucks.

But as separate figures (in armo-soldier mode) they are pretty solid and get the job done.

Nah, just want a fun Legioss to handle. Sentinel's looks great, but I thought the Blowsperior I bought, stress mark aside, was still a bit too fiddly to be anything other than a "transform sparingly, keep on the shelf" figure. Hoping the Legioss won't be the same. The Toynami/Aoshimas tend to crumble to dust, but I've seen the CM figures on Mandarake occasionally for a decent price (Legioss and Tread set for 10k yen, Dark Legioss for like 8k) and figured they might be "good enough" for me.

18 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Just guessing at this - the Tread isn't an especially popular mecha, it's very large, so it would probably be $300+ given the price of the Legioss, and likely not a lot of people would want to buy more than one anyways? So making the matching "hero" one is a safe bet, if they make one at all, but making more than that might depend entirely on how the first one (and the line in general) sells.

Agree. I may not buy these Legiosses. In Mospeada only the armour bikes attract my attention. These motorbikes are the main dishes to me.

The macross valkyrie looks much better in jet fighter mode IMO (because they look like F14/F15?) .Of course die-hard mospeada fans will still get Legioss.

52 minutes ago, Masked Aviator said:

Agree. I may not buy these Legiosses. In Mospeada only the armour bikes attract my attention. These motorbikes are the main dishes to me.

The macross valkyrie looks much better in jet fighter mode IMO (because they look like F14/F15?) .Of course die-hard mospeada fans will still get Legioss.

Also, as the main story goes, there was only one blue Tread.

46 minutes ago, jenius said:

There were green and dark treads in the anime... They just don't do much.

Someone's got to be the cannon fodder.  Remember there are no small parts, just small, explosive amounts of screen time.

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

All they need is a material change.

Probably need to throw in the correct sized pin. . .

AND tell the factory workers the correct way to insert those pins so they don’t damage the plastic parts in the process.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:28 PM, Convectuoso said:

From Instagram

I'm a collector of B2Five's Acid Rain and Votoms stuff.  It might not be line accurate, but B2Five toys are some of my favorite toys to play with: they're well built, very poseable, fun to transform (for the transforming ones), and they're just made really smart (integrated holding spots for extra weapons, etc.) . I'm really looking forward to these!  They're not as photogenic, but if you ever played with starcom or MASK toys or exosquad as a kid, it totally brings back all those feels

3 minutes ago, dur said:

I'm a collector of B2Five's Acid Rain and Votoms stuff.  It might not be line accurate, but B2Five toys are some of my favorite toys to play with: they're well built, very poseable, fun to transform (for the transforming ones), and they're just made really smart (integrated holding spots for extra weapons, etc.) . I'm really looking forward to these!  They're not as photogenic, but if you ever played with starcom or MASK toys or exosquad as a kid, it totally brings back all those feels

But those are some 1/20 new kits, not the B2Five's. 

The B2Five's are these (and look infinitely better):

6724650C-EA2F-4C08-8DAB-A391C1DDD88A.jpeg.a61391910963f63227c9ec79aa95fefd.jpeg

F7C2BD56-C02D-4F40-8F15-9AA2C1776EA3.jpeg.6ddf58eeabcd5b15012660a79962f9dd.jpeg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

19 minutes ago, treatment said:

some closeups over at TD (bigger individual pics in the actual TD-thread below):

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=462814&pid=8117626

tdf-snap.thumb.jpg.ec8f920a8973c089271ff13b4e1a2d90.jpg

Interesting, looks much bulkier then the other offerings, and smaller.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:46 PM, Mog said:

It’s like a super-deformed Ride Armor.

But instead of making the head oversized, they oversized the feet.

Agreed... it looks like they loaded their 3D model upside down before applying the super-deformed transformation. 

On 2/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, Mog said:

And IF Sentinel makes a Tread, it’ll most likely match the blue boy.  And there’s no guarantee that they’ll ever make a matching red one.

I'm pretty sure this Legioss was designed with a future Tread planned.  Note the stand they are using, it makes use of the Tread's connecting boom.  So they already have that part molded.  While I agree that its eventual release may depend on how well the Legioss sells, I tend to think that if they make one Tread that they will make all three.  At that point the expensive molds have already been made, it is trivial just to pour a different colored plastic into them.

Carl 

4 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

I'm pretty sure this Legioss was designed with a future Tread planned.  Note the stand they are using, it makes use of the Tread's connecting boom.  So they already have that part molded.  While I agree that its eventual release may depend on how well the Legioss sells, I tend to think that if they make one Tread that they will make all three.  At that point the expensive molds have already been made, it is trivial just to pour a different colored plastic into them.

Carl 

The Tread-god SPEAKS! :hail:

:D

We’ll see how it goes.  I’m curious to see what design improvements Sentinel has in mind for the Tread (if they move forward with it).

I really do like the design of the Toynami Beta, but there are problem areas where a few tweaks can improve the bomber look and add a few additional features.  Would like the next iteration of the Tread/Beta to take an evolutionary leap.