Sentinels love us so they do small figures for us who have small appartaments and not enough free space.

Before i got my 1st Sentinel's Ride armor i was afraid it's so small too, but now i don't care about size. I just want a good quality without breaking parts.

2 minutes ago, enphily said:

Sentinels love us so they do small figures for us who have small appartaments and not enough free space.

Before i got my 1st Sentinel's Ride armor i was afraid it's so small too, but now i don't care about size. I just want a good quality without breaking parts.

I agree. Since if this release becomes successful down the line and Sentinel decides to make the Tlead companion then this will become too big when it's combined. So I think the 1/48 is a good size. I don't mind a 1/60 scale since majority of my VF-1's are all in 1/60. ^_^ But then again, 1/60 is really going to be small and it's all going to be partsformer.

And yes, good quality without breaking parts is always an ideal for us collectors. Sad to say, that cannot be said with the Ride Armors because most of us here already have stress marks on the rotating hinge that holds the chest metal bar that goes under the arm. My Stick has already have cracks. And some marks are already there out of the box.

I don’t have the figures in front of me, but I could have sworn Sentinel’s Stick, Rey, and Yellow were all taller than 16cm. :unsure:

If the Legiosses are around the same “size” as the Ride Armor, that’d be fine.

Oh the joys of relying on measurements without extra details (especially when headfins and other greeblies get involved).

35 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I think making it that small actually sort of increases the likelihood that they'd later introduce a Tread.

Tread's are BIG

Treads are big in Robotech, the MOSPEADA dimensions are actually just a bit larger than a Legioss.

Edited by jenius

Ok, ok. I stand corrected: that Legioss does look small, I'd still argue that the Legioss is simpler in transformation (unless Sentinel made it really complex). It's simpler than a VF-1 which should reduce the risk of breakage issues, so I'm keeping my preorder as well. I really hope that Sentinel issues replacements for their Mospeadas.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

33 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Ok, ok. I stand corrected: that Legioss does look small, I'd still argue that the Legioss is simpler in transformation (unless Sentinel made it really complex). It's simpler than a VF-1 which should reduce the risk of breakage issues, so I'm keeping my preorder as well. I really hope that Sentinel issues replacements for their Mospeadas.

Well, Sentinel did made the transformation a little bit complex. Remember that the canopy now is under the head neck area. So the fuselage have more transformation gimmick this time around rather than just flip it towards the back.

1_RIOBOT_037_L-636x636.jpg.6c0cf2adf4c667fb19986c8006c0aa57.jpg

37 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That is very cool.

Yes, it is. And I like that redesign cockpit concept. :) 

Though my point from my last post is that for all those gimmicks that they have done and knowing that this is another small figure from Sentinel, I hope that all those hinges will not easily break after 1 or 2 transformation like its Ride Armor counterpart. :bigshok:

The toy looks awesome. I hope those hinges are sturdy too. No one's gonna really know until they fork out the dough and handle it. 

I had the green Legios from the 80's (Aoshima?) it was pretty burly. Especially with my clumsy kid hands :lol: it could take a beating .

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

The toy looks awesome. I hope those hinges are sturdy too. No one's gonna really know until they fork out the dough and handle it. 

I had the green Legios from the 80's (Aoshima?) it was pretty burly. Especially with my clumsy kid hands :lol: it could take a beating .

If it's from the 80's, then it must be Gakken?

Gakken-135-Legioss-10.thumb.jpg.9b7fcd9bad5189ed17e41a9b1ae0b3e8.jpg

Photo from Anymoon.

14 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Honestly I heard it was small but I thought it would at least be as tall as a 1/60 VF-1 in Soldier mode. I’m not as familiar with Mospeda as I am with Macross. I just remember, as a child, that the Legioss toy was just as large as a VF-1. 

I’ll likely still keep my pre-order but I do feel that giant robots are supposed to be..  well.. giant. Know what I mean?

Just wait until any Southern Cross mecha get produced.  At that scale, the Hovertank would max out at roughly 110mm or so ^_^

One of the things I like about Robotech as a whole is the difference in mecha sizes makes it easier to headcanon reasons why they exist (beyond the Rule of Cool).

Given it is the same scale as the CM's and Toynami/Aoshima, I'm guessing the 160mm is probably just measuring to top of head (I know my own measurement of my CM's drone was slightly shorter than 16cm and @jenius's page puts the toys at 17cm which probably measures to top of the sensor antennae. Even if that is to top of sensor, it's not a signifacant;y smaller toy than the previous ones.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

They seem simple enough to try some mods out and they scale well with the Sentinel Legioss, so I'm getting a couple too. Is there a MSRP on them yet? 

No MSRP that I've seen yet, as MEPToys was working on getting the Breetai figures out. It is planned to go into production after the Chinese New Year- i'd seen some cost ideas thrown out at around $15 with a three pack being less, but that was when the toy was planned to be slightly smaller scale. I'll post when I see anything.

I am excited by the legios as it seems to have the nicest form in fighter mode compared to the other offerings from other compaies, it will be my 1st mospeada toy as I have not much self space left to get another franchise to display, though I have been a fan since when I watched the anime locally when I was a kid. I do hope that there will have no issues with the joints as reading all the issues with the ride armour has been worrying.

• 2 weeks later...

Windshield looks like it still has the front tab.  So, it should be able to tab back into place.

Didn’t need to use superglue to keep it in place.  But could be probably done as an extra step.

Regardless, just be careful not to push the windshield too far down when changing to armor mode.  It looks like you can push it in more, but then it starts to “lift” the windshield off of its place, making it more likely to pop off.

I noticed the tab that holds it in place looked like it had a pin drop of glue, not enough for sure. But the plastic on the tab was super thin, too. I expect those windscreens to just break with any kind of normal handling. 

I couldn’t find a way to get amazon JP to cover shipping on my return btw, so I’m stuck with it unless someone wants mine. Posted it in the sale forum. Lesson learned : saving $30 and getting it a few weeks early ended up with a figure with a stress mark I don’t want to transform for fear of breaking it, and no way to return. Should have bought from bbts. 

13 hours ago, Mog said:

Windshield looks like it still has the front tab.  So, it should be able to tab back into place.

Didn’t need to use superglue to keep it in place.  But could be probably done as an extra step.

Regardless, just be careful not to push the windshield too far down when changing to armor mode.  It looks like you can push it in more, but then it starts to “lift” the windshield off of its place, making it more likely to pop off.

Thanks Mog. I guess I need to use some kind of glue to fix it, since the tab is not very deep. It popped off when I was transforming it back to bike mode. It happened when I was adjusting the “ level “ of it.